Start by marking “Secrets and Lies (Daywalkers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Secrets and Lies (Daywalkers, #1)

Secrets and Lies (Daywalkers #1)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  177 ratings  ·  20 reviews
After the near genocide of his race, Teague Johnson now spends his life hiding in plain sight. In a city populated by humans and nightfeeders alike, he and his brother are forced to cloak themselves in forged histories in order to blend in among the hierarchy of society. When he's not working at Oasis, the sex club he and his brother own, Teague keeps to himself. He relies...more
Published June 17th 2008 by Loose Id (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets and Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets and Lies

Bound by Blood by Jourdan LaneInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDeceptions by Jourdan LaneSacrifice by Jourdan Lane
Best Gay Vampires
112th out of 361 books — 501 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostLover Revealed by J.R. Ward
The Best Adult Vampire Romance Books
484th out of 811 books — 2,651 voters

More lists with this book...

Nichole (Dirty H)
4.5 stars, but I bumped it to 5 because I don't think this book is getting the attention it deserves. Why was I the first to add this to the Best Gay Vampires listopia?!

My only complaint about this book is that it wasn't longer. This is the kind of great m/m e-book with good characters, good mythology and good story that would make an awesome full length paperback series and only isn't because it's m/m. I wish Amanda would flesh this out and make it 300 pages.

I read a lot of m/m, and like it a...more
Elisa Rolle
Here a book which is a good mix between paranormal suspense and light comedy. Blinking an eye to the Dark Hunters of Sherrilyn Kenyon, Amanda Young tells us a vampire story introducing two vampire breeds, the Daywalkers and the Nighfeeders.

The Daywalkers are the original ones, men born vampires, almost immortal, who are a lot stronger than normal vampires. But if they "infect" a simple human, they produce a Nightfeeder, a lesser vampire weaker than them and with all a sort of allergies, like tha...more
Mary
I thoroughly enjoy falling into a story and forgetting about the real world until it's over. I stayed up late to finish and now must read the next book.
Issa
2.75 stars. Teague and his brother Cadge are the last of the Daywalkers. Hiding to avoid the executions that killed the rest of their kind, they own a club frequented by humans and Nightfeeders. Nightfeeders are made by the Daywalkers from humans but are not as strong and have allergies to sun and silver among other things.

Teague has his eye on the human Kyle, someone he hooks up with at the club but offers nothing more than sex. Kyle wants more and tries to break off from Teague but Teague can...more
S.L.
Pros: The characters were solid. You believed they were real. You were rooting for Kyle and Teague through the whole story. The language was well done, there were limited editing concerns, and the personal romance was great (the sex was hot, I must add).

Cons: The over-reaching plot that was set into place was never really seen to fruition. It left me with a lot of questions, a lot of WTFery, and there was an odd sense at the end of 'Yes, and...?'
Ashley
The plot was pretty good and I liked how there were different species of vampires.
Kathy
"When he’s not working at the sex club he and his brother own, Teague keeps to himself. He relies on strangers to feed his need, but
anything more intimate is off limits. The last thing he needs is a nosy would-be boyfriend."

-------------------

The brief blurb above alludes to something in this story not being run-of-the mill ~ other than the fact, of course, that it's a gay romance. It was when I was reading the prologue that I realized that this is, indeed, a vampire story.... COOL! And it was...more
Emily Moore
In the world of Secrets and Lies, mankind comes in many forms. In particular, there are two vampire breeds, the Daywalkers and the Nightfeeders. The Daywalkers are able to easily blend into human cities, but the Nightfeeders, created through the transmission of blood between a Daywalker and a human, are archetypal vampires with an extreme allergy to sun and need for immense amounts of blood to survive. Over time, the Nightfeeders resisted being bound to the rules of their kind, while the Daywalk...more
Ami
I think, this is for the first time after reading so many M/M books where I think the paranormal world turns to be interesting as a separate world, much like the M/F paranormal romance/urban fantasy. Here, Ms. Young creates the world of Daywalkers (pure breed) and Nightfeeders (or known as Vampires, created by the Daywalkers) and the intrigue arounds it.

Teague (and his brother Cadge) were the last Daywalkers alive -- after his breed has been mass-murdered. He runs a sex club and poses as Nightf...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
3.5 stars. I liked this story, but it took a while to really get into what was going on. I really liked Kyle, but felt he deserved more than what Teague was giving him. I was really hoping he had seen the light, but then other things happened, and the story took a turn. There were some annoying editing issues, but overall, it was an enjoyable story that was a bit different from the typical vamp stories out there. I am looking forward to reading book 2.
Cindyg
Wow...what a great read. I really connected with the characters, Teaque and Kyle. I can't wait to start on the next story. Highly recommend if you enjoy M/M paranormal romance.
Jeff Erno
Teague Johnson is not your average vampire. He and his brother Cadge are the last of a dying breed called Daywalkers. Exposure to sunlight is unpleasant to them, though not fatal. They are not compelled by bloodlust, but must merely supplement their diet with nutrient-rich human blood which they purchase in plastic bags and store in their refrigerator.

Teague is a loner who consciously avoids long-term, intimate relationships. He owns and manages a sex club where he satiates his carnal desires wi...more
Shaz
This is sitting somewhere between a 3 and a 4 star for me.

I found the book actually slightly confusing, especially in the beginning. There ws a lot of information and explanations being thrown at us, but, in what I found to be, confusing bits and pieces. So it took me a little while to actually fully understand the relevant background information.

While the sex was hot, there wasn't really any relationship building. Very little, to no romance in fact. In my opinion these two guys went from fuck...more
Sean
Nov 08, 2010 Sean rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sean by: Kaseka
It's a 3.5 stars for this book. It wasn't absolutely wonderful. I like the whole concept of vampire in this story but it was too SHORT with vampire scenes. Too much sex at the beginning. It feels like 75% of the book is about sex, while 25% of book is about vampire plots. It needs to be more balance out but at the end of the book I actually enjoy it a lot. I definitely will continue onto the next series to see if it is any better than first book.
Candice
I think that the book had potential. I liked the characters and thought that the world of the Daywalkers and Nightfeeders was good and interesting, but something unfortunately seemed missing. Parts of the book seemed rushed and didn't fully develop for me. The story intrigued me enough to read the next book. I am hoping that questions that I still have will be explained and there will be more development to the characters and background.
Cheryl
A book about vampire love.

Teague is a Daywalker and owns a sex club with his brother. They are the last of the Daywalkers. The Nightfeeders are everywhere.

Kyle and his boyfriend Darren joined the club. Teague saw Kyle and wanted him right away. Darren disappeared. Kyle kept coming to the club. Teague and Kyle had sex almost every saturday night.

Kyle wanted more then Teague was willing to give.
Manlove
The Daywalkers, Nighteaters (heh, or whatever the vampires were called), and their history were all interesting even if totally underdeveloped. As was the relationship. But, still a pleasant enough, quick read.
Tara Lynn
I'm giving this three stars because it's practically impossible to find a gay novel without two-dimensional characters. They're always dark, brooding and conflicted, or young and impressionable. Good, not great.
Lynnebaby
Characters are a bit 2-dimensional and I just didn't get the emotional connection between anyone.
43tra
Not a bad story, would read more by her.
Arzu
Sep 01, 2010 Arzu rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Arzu by: ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥
3,5 stars
Galina Levina
Galina Levina marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Ryssa
Ryssa marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Jaden
Jaden marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Dieanav
Dieanav marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
  • The Lost Books 1 & 2
  • Souls Deep
  • Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1)
  • Secrets
  • A Vampire in Waikiki (Vampire in Waikiki, #1)
  • Undesirable
  • To Hate and To Hold  (Anaboris Clan, #1)
  • My Vampire Lover (My Vampire and I, #2)
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Diamond in the Shade 1
  • Natural Instincts (Instincts, #1)
  • A Different Breed
  • Embrace
  • Hemovore
  • Myths and Magic: Legends of Love
  • Raincheck
  • Blood Run Cold
  • Out There in the Night (Out There, #1)
Amanda Young is a multi-published, erotic romance author. Since she tends to write whatever strikes her whimsy, all of her novels fall into various subgenres. You never know what merry adventure her evil muse will devise next.

For more information about Amanda, please visit her website: http://www.AmandaYoung.org.
More about Amanda Young...
Reckless Seduction (Reckless, #1) Man Candy (Candy, #1) Precious Ache Pyromancer Hunger (Chicken Ranch, #1)