Start by marking “Precious Ache” as Want to Read:
Precious Ache

Precious Ache

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  406 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Falling in love was his biggest mistake...

Abandoned as a child, Dave Blanchard learned to be self-reliant at an early age. Puberty brought a distressing attraction to other boys, and an abnormal growth spurt that drove Dave further into his shell. Adulthood granted him the freedom to stand on his own two feet, but cloistered him in a plastic bubble of his own making. At se
Published 2011 by ALY Books (first published January 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Precious Ache, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Precious Ache

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsFish & Chips by Abigail RouxPromises by Marie Sexton
The Best of Gay Romance
360th out of 2,444 books — 2,609 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeThe Locker Room by Amy LaneCaught Running by Abigail RouxKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneA Fostered Love by Cameron Dane
Childhood Friends Become Gay Lovers
72nd out of 209 books — 353 voters

More lists with this book...

Daisiemae
Nov 17, 2008 Daisiemae rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Heather, Erye and anyone who loves a great M/M ROMANCE
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I love the author
Dave Blanchard has never had a normal life. As a boy he was in and out of different foster homes. Also, because of Dave's size he has always been considered somewhat of a giant. People stare at him, children are afraid of him, and in his young life he hasn't had a lot of companionship and love.
When he was a teenager he was fostered with another handsome, more popular teenager named Micah. Although they were friendly with one another, they were never close. Dave always thought of the handsome, po
SheReadsALot

I'm that slide, unfortunately.

I wanted to love this book. The premise was promising. Seven-and-a-half-foot-gentle-socially-inept-giant-finds-love-with-a-former-crush-in-his-former-foster-brother.

It did that. But the delivery...something just didn't work for me.

I wanted to be all this-shit-is-bananas-and-the-fudge-sundae-extra-cherries-kind-of-great.

But I'm more like this-story-was-a-little-cheesy-and-the-mistunderstanding-schtick-could-only-carry-it-so-far-but-am-I-bored-after-the-middle-part-
Maggie
This book was great! I wish it had been told with more than Dave's point of view. I would have loved to have known what Micah was thinking, too!
Gabbi
Jun 30, 2009 Gabbi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Reunion romances
Recommended to Gabbi by: Daisiemae
Dave and Micah's relationship was very sweet. I enjoyed watching them rekindle their friendship, and watch it bloom into love. My one small gripe is I would have like to had Micah's point of view throughout the book.
That said, I still loved it.
Kathy
Oh wow! Full of the emotional angst with which Amanda Young is wonderful at portraying, Dave's life hasn't been easy. After losing his parents at a young age, growing up in a foster home, never feeling that he fit it to begin with, Dave's shyness has almost crippled him. It sure doesn't help that he's freakishly tall and very sensitive to others' reactions to him, but developing a loving relationship with someone seems to be an obstacle that he can't overcome.
I feel for him, especially in regar
Beck
Awwww ... this was lovely ... who doesn't love a story where the socially awkward caterpillar is coaxed into transforming into a butterfly by the love of his soul mate? ... sweet enough to cause cavities but worth the sugar high.
Ebook Addict Reviews
It is 4:30 in the morning you’d think I would be in bed but Amanda’s book kept calling to me and I had to read it - lol I just couldn’t put it down.

This is among one of the best romances I have read. Amanda tops herself with this romance I really do believe.
The is an extremely sweet romantic story of meeting (again) and falling in love!
Amanda has a knack for creating characters that grab you right off and Dave and Micah are no exception, you are you going to fall in love with these two men from
Ami
I really like how the two men takes time in their relationship because both think the others are straight *lol*. This one has one of the sweetest fishing scene ever since Brokeback Mountain. I love it :)
Betryal
Short, sweet and endearing. Just the book you'd want if you're looking for a great quickie. Pun not intended LOL
Emily Moore
Dave Blanchard has to deal with a lot thanks to an aspect of himself that he has absolutely no control over. At seven feet six inches, he is “treated like a freak of nature” by random people and must deal with the “snide comments and ogling” that follow him everywhere he goes. As much as he tries, this is all hard to ignore and he spends a lot of his time hidden away at home with his rambunctious cocker spaniel Petey. Although he is far from being a virgin, he is desperate to meet someone that i ...more
Trix
To me, the story was rather ordinary. I could't find that spark that draws me to the characters or plot. Might be because the leading man, Dave, was so shy and handicapped by his alleged flaws (least of which was his height) that I found it hard to really like him. Maybe I just like the men to be more confident and resilient.

The storyline was nice... meeting with an old crush just when all hopes of finding a partner seemed lost was nicely told. And their story is slowly unfolded as they get to k
Dee
a lot of my issues with the book stemmed from the fact that the location (Blacksburg, VA) is my old stomping grounds (I went to college there) - so I wasn't able to just immerse myself in the story because I was doing a, does that place exist, why hasn't he gone to xx bar that I used to like, stuff like that
Notta Chance
I won't say this is the best book I've ever read, but it is one of my favorite short stories. It is, after all, only around 50 pages. One can only expect so much character and plot development within this constraint. Most stories published in this length fall short. Not this one. Well done.
Ryoma Gartre
it was really cute, I liked how the characters developed from friends to lovers, and how they actually had personalities, some authors just focus on the main plot and forget that it's the little things & details that make the characters feel real.
Gabbi
I really loved this book. The chemistry between the two heroes was hot and I love the friends-to-lovers theme!
Closer to 2.75

It was a decent read, but I probably won't re-read it which keeps it under 3 stars for me.
Nikko
I read this 5 times and I totally forgot to review!! I loved this book!! Totally loving it!!
Karel
Maybe I'm weird, but when I see 'life threatened' on romance novel blurbs, I usually imagine car chases, kidnappings, diabolical world domination plots... Not falling into a river. And yeah, that should probably go into a spoiler but it was so anti-climatic that I think even knowing beforehand won't spoil your surprise. Since it isn't a surprise at all.

Overall: Mediocre writing, mediocre plot, mediocre characters, mediocre interaction. It wasn't bad, it wasn't good - it was just boring.
Wendy Ann
Wonderfully sweet story. I loved Dave's character in all his tall, humble, shy glory. It would have been nice to get Micah's point of view to really round things out, but we still get a good general impression of him. I enjoy when the MC's can admit their love for one another and express their emotion. Satisfied my sweet tooth!
Sara
I really enjoyed the start of this book, but halfway through it started to bore me. The two protagonists didn't seem to have much in the way of chemistry, and the sex scenes were so dull I found myself paging through them. Amanda Young's written some nice books, but this wasn't one of them.
Teetee
This book was ok, the mc spent half the book longing for the other guy and the other half of the book having sex with the other guy, not a lot of romance itself. This book was only 'ok'.
Alyse
Sweet protagonists, sweet story, very light turmoil. Would have been five stars but the ending felt just a little rushed.
Veronica /  V
A very sweet lovely story, I don't know why I kept it for so long in my TBR pile, it was adorable.
Gaa-chan
Reread on April 27, 2015. 2.5 stars
Erotic Horizon
Precious Ache by Amanda Young (?)
Rachel
Dec 31, 2013 Rachel marked it as owned-to-read
Shelves: unread-mm
*downloaded for free on ARE
C
Ilani K.wise
Ilani K.wise marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
  • Beyond the Norm
  • Second Sight
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Roughstock: And a Smile- Season One (Roughstock, #3)
  • Letting In the Light
  • Left of Centre
  • Eros Rising
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
Amanda Young is a multi-published, erotic romance author. Since she tends to write whatever strikes her whimsy, all of her novels fall into various subgenres. You never know what merry adventure her evil muse will devise next.

For more information about Amanda, please visit her website: http://www.AmandaYoung.org.
More about Amanda Young...
Reckless Seduction (Reckless, #1) Man Candy (Candy, #1) Hunger (Chicken Ranch, #1) Tempestuous Relations (Mackenzie Twins, #1) Pyromancer