Start by marking “The Living God (A Handful of Men, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Living God (A Handful of Men, #4)

The Living God (A Handful of Men #4)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  615 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The sorcerer Zinixo had declared himself the Almighty. Now goblin hordes ravish the Impire. Dragons incinerate entire legions. And the slave-sorcerers of the Covin practice whatever barbarities Zinixo requires. It is only a matter of time before the mad Zinixo is almighty in fact as well as name -- unless Rap of Krasnegar can conjure up a miracle . . .
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published August 29th 1994 by Del Rey (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Living God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Living God

The Three Musketeers by Alexandre DumasThe Princess Bride by William GoldmanThe Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre DumasTreasure Island by Robert Louis StevensonThe Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy
Swashbucklers
283rd out of 310 books — 297 voters
American Gods by Neil GaimanThe Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. JemisinThe Curse of Chalion by Lois McMaster BujoldThe Hero of Ages by Brandon SandersonKushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey
Best Fantasy God Type books
140th out of 155 books — 65 voters

More lists with this book...

Sbuchler
Aug 16, 2008 Sbuchler rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sbuchler by: Sabrina
Gerdy Heek
Fun. First book I read so missed some context. lot of characters, so it took me some time to get into it. But surprising. What I liked best was the humanity of the sorcerers. nice.
Sean Randall
"They said they would rather die where they stood than accept their lives at the cost of their principles. I cursed them for a gang of illogical nitwits. I derided their infantile elvish fancies.
And now I understand. Now I sympathize."

And amazingly, an ending that fits just as neatly and smoothly as with the first series set in this universe. It was predictable in outline, but in a good, fuzzy-feeling sort of a way that makes you glad rather than with an air of inevitability which sometimes perm
Merri
Best book of the series. Would have liked to have seen better development of Thaile and Zinixos characters. Maybe a better motive for Zinixo. Many of the characters were flat and lacked background. The addition of Holi and the younger sister was irrelevant. Seemed like there was a lot of loose ends. Overall it had an interesting story.
Stephen Graham
One might complain about the deus ex machina ending, except that it's clearly indicated in the title and was set up in the previous series. Besides, there's something amusing about the lines: "There's no God of Rescues." "There is now!." Very enjoyable conclusion to the series.
Sabrina
Basically, this series gave me all the feels. I laughed, I cried, I threw my Kindle across the room. I mostly spent a lot of time worrying about my favorite characters, but I loved how Duncan wrapped up this epic adventure. Well worth the read.
Diana the Rarely Duplicated
Those lovers of fantasy who enjoy a well-crafted story line with interesting characters should read this entire series.

Author Dave Duncan invented a creative world The plot is quite clever.

Cindy
Like other books in series, could use better maps. Great finale, though painful and ugly and bittersweet. Definitely some neat and memorable twists to end the series.
Steve Markham
Love this book for the way it all comes to a close. Worth a read and finishes the series wonderfully!
Randy Hale
I enjoyed the first series (A Man of His Word) immensely. This series was a bit depressing though.
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Jasmin Begic
Jasmin Begic marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Gram Rabbit
Gram Rabbit marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Emme Kay
Emme Kay marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
William
William marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
  • Wolfwalker (Wolfwalker, #1)
  • The Blackgod (Children of the Changeling, #2)
  • The Prophet of Lamath (Pelman the Powershaper #1)
  • A Wizard and a Warlord (Rogue Wizard, #8)
  • The Tower at Stony Wood
  • King of the Dead (Lens of the World, #2)
  • The Serpent Mage
  • His Conquering Sword (Jaran, #3)
  • The Spellsong War (Spellsong Cycle #2)
  • Dragonworld
  • Untitled (Chronicles of Elantra, #13)
  • The Garden of the Stone (The Stone Duology, #2)
The Gilded Chain (King's Blades, #1) The Reluctant Swordsman (Seventh Sword, #1) Magic Casement (A Man of His Word, #1) The Destiny of the Sword (Seventh Sword, #3) The Coming of Wisdom (Seventh Sword, #2)

“In my experience, luck is more output than input,” 0 likes