Start by marking “The Living God (A Handful of Men, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Living God (A Handful of Men, #4)

The Living God (A Handful of Men #4)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  664 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The sorcerer Zinixo had declared himself the Almighty. Now goblin hordes ravish the Impire. Dragons incinerate entire legions. And the slave-sorcerers of the Covin practice whatever barbarities Zinixo requires. It is only a matter of time before the mad Zinixo is almighty in fact as well as name -- unless Rap of Krasnegar can conjure up a miracle . . .
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published August 29th 1994 by Del Rey (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Living God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Living God

The Three Musketeers by Alexandre DumasThe Princess Bride by William GoldmanThe Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre DumasTreasure Island by Robert Louis StevensonThe Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy
Swashbucklers
298th out of 325 books — 319 voters
American Gods by Neil GaimanThe Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. JemisinThe Curse of Chalion by Lois McMaster BujoldKushiel's Dart by Jacqueline CareyThe Odyssey by Homer
Best Fantasy God Type books
147th out of 156 books — 69 voters

More lists with this book...

Sbuchler
Aug 16, 2008 Sbuchler rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sbuchler by: Sabrina
Gerdy Heek
Fun. First book I read so missed some context. lot of characters, so it took me some time to get into it. But surprising. What I liked best was the humanity of the sorcerers. nice.
Sean Randall
"They said they would rather die where they stood than accept their lives at the cost of their principles. I cursed them for a gang of illogical nitwits. I derided their infantile elvish fancies.
And now I understand. Now I sympathize."

And amazingly, an ending that fits just as neatly and smoothly as with the first series set in this universe. It was predictable in outline, but in a good, fuzzy-feeling sort of a way that makes you glad rather than with an air of inevitability which sometimes perm
Merri
Best book of the series. Would have liked to have seen better development of Thaile and Zinixos characters. Maybe a better motive for Zinixo. Many of the characters were flat and lacked background. The addition of Holi and the younger sister was irrelevant. Seemed like there was a lot of loose ends. Overall it had an interesting story.
Stephen Graham
One might complain about the deus ex machina ending, except that it's clearly indicated in the title and was set up in the previous series. Besides, there's something amusing about the lines: "There's no God of Rescues." "There is now!." Very enjoyable conclusion to the series.
Sabrina
Basically, this series gave me all the feels. I laughed, I cried, I threw my Kindle across the room. I mostly spent a lot of time worrying about my favorite characters, but I loved how Duncan wrapped up this epic adventure. Well worth the read.
Diana the Rarely Duplicated
Those lovers of fantasy who enjoy a well-crafted story line with interesting characters should read this entire series.

Author Dave Duncan invented a creative world The plot is quite clever.

Cindy
Like other books in series, could use better maps. Great finale, though painful and ugly and bittersweet. Definitely some neat and memorable twists to end the series.
Steve Markham
Love this book for the way it all comes to a close. Worth a read and finishes the series wonderfully!
Randy Hale
I enjoyed the first series (A Man of His Word) immensely. This series was a bit depressing though.
David Strehlow
David Strehlow marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
  • The Blackgod (Children of the Changeling, #2)
  • Wolfwalker (Wolfwalker, #1)
  • The Prophet of Lamath (Pelman the Powershaper #1)
  • The Hidden Masters of Marandur
  • Moon-Flash (Kyreol Duology, #1)
  • King of the Dead (Lens of the World, #2)
  • Warlock and Son (Warlock, #11)
  • The Serpent Mage
  • Morningstar
  • Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven: Women, Sexuality and the Catholic Church
  • The Garden of the Stone (The Stone Duology, #2)
  • His Conquering Sword (Jaran, #3)
  • A Lâmina na Alma (Tigana, #1)

A Handful of Men (4 books)
  • The Cutting Edge (A Handful of Men, #1)
  • Upland Outlaws (A Handful of Men, #2)
  • The Stricken Field (A Handful of Men, #3)
The Gilded Chain (King's Blades, #1) The Reluctant Swordsman (Seventh Sword, #1) Magic Casement (A Man of His Word, #1) The Destiny of the Sword (Seventh Sword, #3) The Coming of Wisdom (Seventh Sword, #2)

“In my experience, luck is more output than input,” 0 likes