Start by marking “Sam Sheep Can't Sleep” as Want to Read:
Sam Sheep Can't Sleep

Sam Sheep Can't Sleep

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Usborne Phonics Readers have been created in consultation with a language expert, taking into account the latest research on the most effective ways of teaching reading. Children who have just learned to read can enjoy the lively stories with very little guidance from an adult, gaining the experience and enthusiasm they need to become fully confident readers. Stephen Cartw ...more
Board Book, 10 pages
Published March 1st 2002 by E.D.C. Publishing (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Sam Sheep Can't Sleep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sam Sheep Can't Sleep

Danie Cutter
Great book, easy words for children learning to read. Like the fact that while it uses phonics there are also "patterns" for the words eg Goose and Loose so is suited to pattern recognition methods of learning to read as well.

Have bought the whole series as daughter loves these. While the words are simple there's still enough of a story/action to keep her interested (just) while too many early reading books are three word sentences, one sentence per page and only a few pages per book.

This set o
Andrea
Feb 12, 2008 Andrea rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: learning to read
Usborne Phonics products are specially designed to help children learn how to read. They incorporate fun and learning. Children learn so much when they are young and their brain is forming so quickly. By incorporating reading into the things that they learn early on, they are more likely to succeed. If you are interested in purchasing this item, please visit my Usborne Independent Consultant Website at www.ubah.com/s2995
Andrea
Feb 12, 2008 Andrea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: learning to read
Erin
Same as the others in this series. Bright and colorful pages. Rhyming words. Phonics help for parents. Stupid and uninteresting story line. My 2 year old doesn't mind because he just likes the rhyming part.
Destiny Dawn Long
This is a funny enough story and includes some cute details in the illustrations. While I understand that the book is targeted toward early readers, that doesn't mean that it has to suffer from prose the feels stunted and forced. That, combined with artwork that is rather middling, and flimsy flaps, is why it only rates two stars.
krym
I had read the Usborne set. While it could be of great help to teach young children to read, the content was not as meaningful as I had expected. It can be funny and so on but it would never be a classic.
Elana
Max and I read this book almost everyday. It's one of his favorites. Thought I would put it on here as I didn't know if everyone was familiar with it. It's a fun phonics book and cute story.
jacky
These are phonics readers that practice a skill, but are not primers for first reading experiences. I read this one to William because of the sheep.
Heidi
A good phonics book, yes. But for a board book, the lift-the-flaps are very flimsy. I hope it lasts in our library collection.
Julie
This is the first book my son ever sat with me and listened to all the way through. Not once, but twice.
I love this book.
Janice
Good phonics readers fro kids
my son's favorite
BGCC
BGCC marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Lucrecia
Lucrecia marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Megan
Megan added it
Mar 02, 2015
Lisa
Lisa added it
Nov 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Shark in the Park Frog on a Log Fat Cat on a Mat Goose on the Loose (Usborne Easy Words to Read) Big Pig on a Dig