Start by marking “Fire Of Delayed Answers” as Want to Read:
Fire Of Delayed Answers

Fire Of Delayed Answers

If you are waiting for your prayers to be answered, this book will rekindle your hope and feed your faith. Written from the crucible of the author's own personal crisis of delayed answers, this book gives insight into God's purposes for using the season of delay to produce Christlikeness and greater fruitfulness within us. According to author Joy Dawson, "A classic...I hav ...more
Published July 1st 1996 by Oasis House

To ask other readers questions about Fire Of Delayed Answers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire Of Delayed Answers

Dave Moore
Nov 02, 2013 Dave Moore rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every Christian
Recommended to Dave by: Laura-Lynn Tyler Thompson
Amazing amazing AMAZING!! If you are in a trial, whether it be health, financial, relationship, or whatever, you need to read this book! I have been blown away by the revelation knowledge and enlightenment that I have been receiving from the Holy Spirit! Maybe its the timing of the trial I am in but this feels like the best book I have ever read!
Rachel N
Jul 10, 2008 Rachel N rated it it was amazing
Shelves: didactic, own-it
This profoundly impacting book by Bob Sorge has completely turned my "thinking" upside down... or should I say, right side up! I have been slowly reading these pages for about a year now. There is entirely too much "meat" for a quick read... therefore, a book review is quite difficult to complete. Suffice it to say, if you find yourself in a season of "waiting," if your dreams are unrealized, if you're struggling to understand WHY our Father intentionally walks us through times of waiting... the ...more
Carol Comrie
Apr 15, 2014 Carol Comrie rated it really liked it
This book along with 3 others was left to me by a dear lady called Carmen when she died some years ago. It is an eye opener! A perspective on unanswered prayers and delayed answers that is biblical without being patronising. It pulls no punches as it takes you on a journey which is a learning curve of practicality, and comprehension of biblical truth not many of us will come across in the things we are formally taught as Christians about prayer and waiting on God.
James Seawel
Nov 27, 2010 James Seawel rated it it was amazing
This was such a difficult book for me to read because I so longed for the be-happy-love-Jesus books that had previously nurtured me spiritually. This book, however, addressed the fact that life sometimes sucks by God's design. I picked this book up several times because it came highly recommended by a good friend, but I absolutely could not get through it while I was on a "spiritual high." However, when God allowed some heartache and nothing seemed to make sense anymore, I picked this book up ag ...more
Caryl
Oct 16, 2014 Caryl rated it it was amazing
This book gives great insight into delayed answers. It left me with a feeling of hope for what the Lord in doing in me. This books is a must read for ALL believers!
Elizabeth
I initially gave this a 4 star rating and then revised it to a 3 star rating. The last few chapters were a little bit too sanctimonious for me. However overall, I believe that the book has been very helpful to me in finding out why God may delay his answers to prayer.
Daunavan Buyer
Mar 01, 2016 Daunavan Buyer rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. I highly recommend it... to those who are going through suffering or even those who have yet to experience intense suffering. He provides such a balanced, Biblical approach, as nearly every page of this book has some Biblical content on it! I love a book that asks hard questions and doesn't shy away or try to give fake answers.
Larry Thacker Jr.
Nov 06, 2013 Larry Thacker Jr. rated it really liked it
This is the most balanced view of suffering you are ever likely to read. If you believe that God is still working in the same ways that He did in the New Testament but wonder why you haven't seen answers to your own prayers, this book will be of great help.
Kim Zimmerman
Nov 01, 2012 Kim Zimmerman rated it it was amazing
this might be the BEST book on prayer ever written...i have wept through and encourage you to read and go through the fire of delayed answer...
Judy
interesting, but it took a long time to read. I am not sure it contains much more than one person's opinion.
Kari Scare
Mar 13, 2014 Kari Scare rated it really liked it
Balanced view of suffering. Terrific biblical application. Take your time going through this.
Dun
Dun marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
DiAnn
DiAnn rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2016
Vanessa Lisboa
Vanessa Lisboa marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Jonã Machado
Jonã Machado marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Marvin D. Hill
Marvin D. Hill marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Ruthann Dean
Ruthann Dean is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2016
Brooke
Brooke is currently reading it
Sep 23, 2016
Adam Brewster
Adam Brewster rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Michelle Webb
Michelle Webb marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
McKayla Eberhardt
McKayla Eberhardt marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Philip Gibson
Philip Gibson marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Milany
Milany marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Caitlin Downey
Caitlin Downey is currently reading it
Jun 07, 2016
Rebekah Williams
Rebekah Williams marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Eileen Brown
Eileen Brown marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Jena
Jena marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Faith
Faith marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016