Start by marking “Downfall (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Downfall (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga, #1)

Downfall (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga #1)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  597 ratings  ·  7 reviews
How far can a hero fall? Far enough to lose his soul? Dhamon Grimwulf, once a Hero of the Heart, has sunk into a bitter life of crime and squalor. Now, as the great dragon overlords of the Fifth Age coldly plot to strengthen their rule and to destroy their enemies, he must somehow find the will to redeem himself. But perhaps it is too late. Downfall marks the return of Dha ...more
Published June 1st 2000 by Wizards of the Coast (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Downfall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Downfall

Rebecca
I am really conflicted about this book. I blasted through it, reading large swaths of it in a single sitting, and yet I can't bring myself to recommend it.

The big question this book asks - and pretty much the premise of the book - is just how bad a person can be before they cannot be redeemed, and how far a man can fall before he loses his soul.

Well, within the first 50 pages of this book, we see our "heroes" rob a hospital, set an entire town on fire, kill dozens of people, rob a merchant wag
Christina
Oct 30, 2007 Christina rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dragonlance fans.
A group of unlikely heroes get together to strive towards a common goal - nothing extraordinary about that, in fact, unlikely heroes seem to be more the rule than the exception these days.
However, some things make Downfall different. For starters, I think it's the first book I've read starring a kobold as one of the heroes - and I like Ilbreth (nicknamed Fetch) a lot. Second, I like the concept of the dragon scale basically melted into the leg of the book's main character, Dhamon Grimwulf - now
Arturo
Matthew Holloway
It's been years, but I really enjoyed reading the Dhamon Saga and seeing his character development. Plus, Jean Rabe has a real way with fight sequences.
Mariana
It was ok as a dagonlance book. Not the best one.
Drake
Not for children, there are some passages not necessarily good for anyone. (adult)
Sandra Gallegos
CO-ÑA-ZO. Aburrido y pesado, no lo leáis -w-
Leon
Leon marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Forrestt
Forrestt marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Gage
Gage marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Ryan S
Ryan S marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Adam And
Adam And marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Chrystal Hart
Chrystal Hart marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
  • Chosen of the Gods (Dragonlance: Kingpriest, #1)
  • The Middle of Nowhere (Dragonlance: Crossroads, #5)
  • Winterheim (Dragonlance: Icewall, #3)
  • Return of the Exile (Dragonlance: Linsha, #3)
  • The Lioness (Dragonlance: The Age of Mortals, #2)
  • Dark Thane (Dragonlance: The Age of Mortals, #3)
  • Empire of Blood (Dragonlance: The Minotaur Wars, #3)

Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga (3 books)
  • Betrayal (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga, #2)
  • Redemption (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga, #3)
Red Magic (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #3) The Day of the Tempest (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age, #2) Redemption (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga, #3) The Eve of the Maelstrom (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age, #3) The Dawning of a New Age (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age, #1)