Start by marking “ACT on Life Not on Anger: The New Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Guide to Problem Anger” as Want to Read:

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Drop the Rope in Your Tug-of-War with Anger

If you've tried to control problem anger before with little success, this book offers you a fundamentally new approach and new hope. Instead of struggling even harder to manage or eliminate your anger, you can stop anger feelings from determining who you are and how you live your life. Based on a revolutionary psychological approa
Published March 3rd 2006 by New Harbinger Publications (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about ACT on Life Not on Anger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ACT on Life Not on Anger

Mister Jones

A practical,insightful, and excellent guide for those whom have debilatating anger, where anger has seriously dealt destruction and havoc to all areas of living a productive and enriching life; the book doesn't shy away from facing the cycle of thoughts and feelings that have led to self-destructive behavior, and offers a realistic and rational approach to overcoming it through various exercises. It's written in concise, clear prose.

I highly recommend this book; it's worth more than the money yo
Well, let's just say CBT based therapy like this does not work for me. I ended up being very angry with this book (which sounds funny I know) and returned it to the library and told my social work that I never wanted to discuss this book again. I'm more of a DBT person.
A helpful book applying Acceptance and Commitment Therapy specifically to anger; many practical suggestions on making your life better and moving forward, rather than remaining stuck or getting caught in endless analyses and rationalizations for this problem.
I use this book regularly with clients and find that many of the suggestions and techniques have worked very well with them.
Rick marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
John P.
John P. marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Reza Hosseini
Reza Hosseini marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
april added it
Mar 17, 2015
Jane marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Bryce marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Shana Nichols
Shana Nichols marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Becky marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Kb marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Nathanael (Boehm) Coyne
Nathanael (Boehm) Coyne is currently reading it
Oct 14, 2014
Alicia Power
Alicia Power marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Pikria Meladze
Pikria Meladze marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
G Catalano
G Catalano marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Ed Flores
Ed Flores marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Anxiety Disorders: A Practitioner's Treatment Guide to Using Mindfulness, Acceptance, and Values-Based Behavior Change Strategies Mehr vom Leben: Wege aus der Anorexie - Das ACT-Selbsthilfebuch. Mit Online-Materialien From Behavior Theory to Behavior Therapy Unifying Behavior Therapy: Contributions Of Paradigmatic Behaviorism The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety: A Guide to Breaking Free from Anxiety, Phobias, and Worry Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy