Start by marking “Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #2)

Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court (The Knights of Arrethtrae #2)

The people of Holbrook are suffering under the rule of the greedy Lord Kingskey. Can Sir Bentley discover the thruth and help restore the kingdom?

Sir Bentley, an honorable young knight, abandons his calling in order to seek the truth of the Prince. Choosing to live as the Prince did, he forsakes his former lifestyle and wealth to live as a pauper. His travels take him to H
Published February 17th 2009 by Multnomah (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court

Michelle
About the book:

This second installment in Chuck Black’s Knights of Arrethtrae series tells the tale of Sir Bentley, an honorable knight who abandons all to seek the truth of the Prince. Eirwyn, a mysterious young woman who brings food to the poor, teaches Bentley the power of compassion to overcome evil. Together, they save the people of Holbrook from poverty and despair.

Sir Bentley’s quest for the truth of the Prince finds him battling Shadow Warriors, a powerful lord, and a terrifying creature
Lilly W.
May 26, 2011 Lilly W. rated it really liked it
Option One Book Three
Started on June Twenty First
Sir Bentley And Holbrook Court
By: Chuck Black

Sir Bentley is a young Knight that just becomes a Knight of The King. And those knights don't necessarily go by all The King's rules and they don't believe The Prince (who really is the King's son) is really the prince since he first acted like a commoner then said he was the Prince sent to teach the world about The King.
Now Sir Bentley was always asking about this Prince and Lord Kifus grew susp
Leah Good
When Bentley refuses to kill two Followers, his fate is sealed. His days as a Noble night have ended. Now he must leave Chessington in search of the Truth. He learns that the man called The Stranger was, and is, the Prince. The Son of the True King. In his pursuit to follow in the footsteps of his Prince, Bentley becomes a peasant and ventures into Holbrook. He becomes one of the farmers and discovers oppression, injustice, love and a cause to fight for. The day is coming when Holbrook will need ...more
Bethany
Jul 05, 2013 Bethany rated it it was amazing
First of all I'll say I LOVED Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione but if it is possible to be better than perfection Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court is even better than the first book in the Knights of Arrethtrae series!
These books are truly a work of art. All for the glory of the Prince.
This book will speak to your heart on a much deeper level than just another "good, clean book".
I found my heart crying out along with Bentley's when he says, "I want to know You my Prince. I want to follow Y
Rachel
My younger brother and I conferred notes together after reading through this book and both came to the conclusion that though we both liked this tale of knights and fair maidens, fantastical creatures, and seeking a lowly lifestyle in trade of the sinful riches of this world, that we didn't as much care for the conclusions and writing style of this book as much as some of the others by this author. I found there didn't seem to be *quite as strong an emphasis on the spiritual as perhaps others b ...more
Lori Twichell
Oct 22, 2013 Lori Twichell rated it it was amazing
Sir Bentley learns much in this book about appearances, wisdom and loyalty. Closely mirroring the life of Joseph, Bentley shows a brilliant example of what we, as Christians, should be when looking at the suffering around us.

Once again as we dive into Black’s world, we are transported with adventure, beautiful descriptions and most of all, fantastic life lessons. The characters we meet in this book are young, brave and smart, but faced with a lot of the same issues that we deal with today. Appea
Michelle Lammers
Jan 07, 2014 Michelle Lammers rated it it was amazing
Sir Bentley and the Holbrook Court is my favorite of the Knights of Arrethtrae series. The story of Sir Bentley's start from Noble to peasant to Knight is captivating. The twists and turns of this story never become dull, even after reading them ten or so times as I have. There are only two or three grammatical issues and only the trained eye can notice them. The cover of the book is very misleading since the creature looked more like an aquatic Dilophosaurus than a Plesiosaur. The illustrations ...more
Trisha
Apr 24, 2013 Trisha rated it did not like it
so, take my review entirely with a grain of salt.

this book is just not my type of book. and I even knew that when I picked it up.
but I desperately needed a book with the name Bentley in it.
and, honestly, this was the only one I could find....so, I pushed through.

I think I could have enjoyed this more but the story is definitely for younger kids. And the writing style was odd - kind of like...a fable or older style fairtale. It was very "for he was a knight, of the oldest order and blah blah blah
Brittany
Dec 24, 2012 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Sir Bentley has everything in life, but he forsakes all of it to follow The Prince. The dangers are numerous and intense, but the love of The Prince is greater than the fear for Sir Bentley.
This is an amazing book! It is very entertaining and pleasurable to read, yet it is not "just a story. It is written to inspire the reader to draw nearer to The Prince, and the conflict and the devotion of the characters should do just that. Indeed, I found my own heart cry out to know The Prince better as
Trey
Nov 13, 2015 Trey added it
Sir Bentley is one of the many books chuck black wrote. it is about a "humble servant" named Bentley who is on a mission to find a young price. he ends up traveling to a "poor" city called Holbrook. where he sees the people that live there are very poor because they pay high takes for there king to live a good life. as Bentley spends more time there he meets a women who gives food and helps out the poor. as those too go on to help the poor Eirwyn is captured by bandits. and his mission for the r ...more
Abigail Rasmussen
The second book in the Knights of Arrethtrae series, Sir Bentley is a story of mercy and courage. Join Sir Bentley as he abandons his wealth and prestige as a Noble Knight and son of a wealthy tradesman for a life of poverty to seek the truth of the Prince. In the city of Holbrook he finds that not just the greed of Lord Kingsley is ruining the land, but also something much deeper, much stronger; the Dark Knight.

I recommend this book because many good character traits are taught, including doing
Meadow Frisbie
Sep 29, 2009 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, midieval
Bentley knows there must be more then constantly arresting or catpuring a group of people who have no evil intent, and is even kind to Him. When he finds the true Prince of his life, and meets the girl of his dreams...Bently is caught in a whole new danger.

This was fun! I loved the part about Eirwyn, the Mercy Maiden, and the Ice Princess. It was a fun twist. Can't wait to read the rest of the series.
A.M. Reynwood
An excellent second installment of the Knights of Arrethtrae, Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court by Chuck Black is a tale of great sacrifice and the discovery of joy in the most unlikely of places. It speaks of loyalty and betrayal, love and hatred, joy and sorrow - all with an unexpected little twist at the end. I enjoyed it fairly well, and it's a speedy read.
Jaclynn
Jun 30, 2009 Jaclynn rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
I liked this book a lot, but my younger brother enjoyed it even more. It has a lot of great symbolism (not too far a reach) in it as well as a by chapter question and answer section on the spiritual truths and examples that are within the book.
Rebekah Tooley
Jun 08, 2015 Rebekah Tooley rated it liked it
The reason it took 2 days to read this was because I was caught up in another book, however, when I sat down to read this, I was easily captured by the story. A very good, exciting Middle Ages Style story!!!
Connie
Aug 22, 2012 Connie rated it it was amazing
This second in the series emphasizes the virtues of courage and mercy and the vices of avarice and fear. Sir Bently embraces the ways of the Prince and finds his way of living transformed. "The King Reigns!" "And His Son!"
Austin
Jul 04, 2012 Austin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knights
Another great book by Chuck Black. Every book he seems to write gets better and better. All the sword fighting action was present, all the twists and backstabbing even a giant reptile. This book has it all and I hope the more Black writes, the longer the books are.
Bailey Marissa Bowers
(4.7) Much better than the first book. Everything makes more sense and the characters are actually believable. Since the books aren't really connected, I would advise skipping the first book and reading this instead.
Heather
Wow. I could not put this book down. 10 stars. :)
Levi Brower
Not quite as good as some of his other books, but it has a semi~interesting plot.
Carolina
Aug 22, 2011 Carolina rated it it was amazing
Best Christain Books Ever!
Julie
Apr 24, 2010 Julie marked it as to-read
One to read with my boys.
Kim
Mar 22, 2010 Kim rated it it was amazing
Slow in grabbing my attention in the first few chapters - then I couldn't put it down. Excellent lessons on mercy and materialism.

Re-read Oct. 2015.
Emily
Apr 07, 2015 Emily rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the Knights of Arrethtrae series! We were on the edge of our seats throughout the book!
Molly
Feb 09, 2009 Molly rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the two series!
Piper
Mar 29, 2009 Piper rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star review from my boy. He loves anything by Chuck Black. He is anxiously awaiting the third installment in this series.
Josh
May 08, 2012 Josh rated it it was amazing
LOVE IT!!!!
Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2013
Alaina
Alaina rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Bec the Ninja
Bec the Ninja rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 08, 2016 07:19AM
  • The Invisible Friend (Viking Quest, #3)
  • Venom and Song (The Berinfell Prophecies, #2)
  • Winter Tidings (Prairie River, #3)
  • Enoch's Ghost (Oracles of Fire, #2)
  • The Bridge
  • The Princess Adelina: An Ancient Christian Tale of Beauty & Bravery
  • Darien's Rise (Adventures In Odyssey: Passages, #1)
  • Dragons of the Valley (Valley of the Dragons, #2)
  • The King's Scrolls (Ilyon Chronicles, #2)
  • The Heart of Arcrea (The Arcrean Conquest, #1)
  • Elsie's Girlhood (The Original Elsie Classics #3)
  • Rebel's Keep (Crown and Covenant, #3)
202312
Chuck Black first wrote Kingdom’s Edge to inspire his children to read the Bible with renewed zeal. This captivating expanded parable led him to write the Old Testament allegories, Kingdom’s Dawn, Kingdom’s Hope, Kingdom’s Call, and Kingdom’s Quest. Chuck's currents works include the Knights of Arrethtrae series, Call to Arms, and his series in progress, Wars of the Realm.

Chuck is a former F-16 fi
More about Chuck Black...

The Knights of Arrethtrae (6 books)
  • Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #1)
  • Sir Dalton and the Shadow Heart (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #3)
  • Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #4)
  • Sir Quinlan and the Swords of Valor (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #5)
  • Sir Rowan and the Camerian Conquest (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #6)

“Bentley mounted Silverwood, look down at his parents, and launched the powerful steed into the kingdom…a kingdom waiting for one young knight to discover the truth of a Stranger.” 4 likes