Start by marking “The Call of the Wild and Three Other Klondike Stories” as Want to Read:
The Call of the Wild and Three Other Klondike Stories

The Call of the Wild and Three Other Klondike Stories

Jack London's stories are classic American favorites. Recorded unabridged in Bookcassette Audio are "Call of the Wild" and three special Klondike stories: "To Build a Fire", "Love of Life" and "To the Man on the Trail".

Call of the Wild
A domestic dog is kidnapped from his comfortable life on a California estate and thrown into the wild north woods. Buck, half St. Bernard an
Audio CD
Published August 1st 2001 by Brilliance Audio

Be the first to ask a question about The Call of the Wild and Three Other Klondike Stories

John
Jan 06, 2009 John rated it it was amazing
Things Jack London likes:
- clubs
- fangs
- Alaska
- reconnecting to the dormant ancestral ur-wolf
- doggies
Ensiform
Feb 20, 2012 Ensiform rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, animals
Buck, a huge and simple ranch dog, is abducted, brutalized, and sent to the Klondike, where he works as a sled dog until becoming something more feral and untamed. I must have read this first sometime in the mid-eighties. I enjoyed it this time around for the drama and for the admittedly rich, exuberant uber-macho prose --- though at times I imagined London masturbating furiously as he scratched out line after line about Buck’s lithe muscles, white fangs, hairs charged with unbridled and unconqu ...more
Oleg Kagan
Feb 21, 2011 Oleg Kagan rated it really liked it
Shelves: fin-de-siecle
I don't read adventure stories very often but in my effort to fill the gaps in my reading of American classics I realized I hadn't experienced any Jack London.

Call of the Wild is an adventure story that follows the path of a majestic dog from the comfort of a domestic home to, well, the wild. The writing style, for the most part, does not get past the occasionally effusive adventure-book cliche, but the conceit of Call of the Wild (following the dog) is noteworthy in that London does it mostly c
Kim
Jul 09, 2010 Kim rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. Listened to the unabridged version. Really made me want to visit Alaska and experience some of the rugged terrain detailed so beautifully in Call of the Wild. Was also nice to read a book during the heat of the summer that deals almost exclusively with extreme winter conditions and man/dog's ability to survive and thrive. Made me feel significantly cooler. Well...that and my air conditioner on "frozen tundra" mode.
Joey, about to e-x-p-l-o-d-e.
THIS...WAS...AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERYONE MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jafar
Jafar rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2007
Len
Len rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2013
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2009
Michelle Benedict
Michelle Benedict rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Serenity
Serenity rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2007
Sarah rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2016
Pendar
Pendar rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2007
Jon Blair
Jon Blair rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Kamyar
Kamyar rated it it was ok
Jun 14, 2007
Sunsetcrater
Sunsetcrater rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2009
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2009
Bryan
Bryan rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Brent
Brent rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2012
Martin
Martin rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2014
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2009
Yvonne
Yvonne rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2009
Sigrid
Sigrid rated it liked it
May 10, 2010
Andy Osheroff
Andy Osheroff rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2009
mehdi Kavian
mehdi Kavian rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2007
Güller
Güller rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2008
Carla
Carla rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2009
Amie
Amie rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Jack London was an American novelist, journalist, social-activist and short-story writer whose works deal romantically with elemental struggles for survival. At his peak, he was the highest paid and the most popular of all living writers. Because of early financial difficulties, he was largely self educated past grammar school.

London drew heavily on his life experiences in his writing. He spent ti
More about Jack London...