Start by marking “All Through the Night (Grace Livingston Hill #06)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
All Through the Night

Grace Livingston Hill

All Through the Night (Grace Livingston Hill #06)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  154 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Dale Huntley's life changed dramatically when her precious grandmother died. All alone, Dale had to face the bitterness and greed of her relatives who were trying to claim her home. But Dale's greatest sorrow was that her beloved was at war--and he might never return. Then Dale's deep faith and gentle love begin to change her self-centered family, and a hope starts to buil ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published February 1945)

To ask other readers questions about All Through the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Through the Night

Sheryl Tribble
I have yet to strongly dislike any GLH novel, but I did find this book vaguely irritating. Usually when her books bug me it's because she's so clearly winging it and so the story has weird shifts in it (the bad guys were planning 'x' in chapter three but are suddenly coming from 'y' in chapter fifteen), however this time I think I was irritated because I felt a grave lack of “Christian community” in the book. The heroine supposedly has supportive neighbors and goes to church and all, but she nev ...more
Okay, so Grace Livingston Hill books are somewhat predictable. So they have some funny words and some quire notions. So at times she does some things that modern writers frown on. I love her books! They leave me with a good feeling, not only about the story, but about my faith.

This book is about a sweet young girl named Dale. Her Grandmother (who has raised her) dies and some nasty relatives invade her house. She is determined to treat them with kindness.

I sometimes got the feeling Grace added t
Ameliedanjou
Don't remember this one, but the cover looks familiar.
Florence Millo
All through the Night by Grace Livingston Hill. While you wouldn’t want a steady diet of sugary lightness, once in a while a dose of GLH is just right. You know the plot and how it turns out before the book begins which is just why you are reading it.
Mary Cousart
Mary Cousart marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Jana J. Jones
Jana J. Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Bonnie Ingram
Bonnie Ingram marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Jessica Carter
Jessica Carter marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • I Take This Man
  • Kentucky Chances: Three Brothers Find Romance Far from Home (Kentucky Chances #1-3)
  • Congo Dawn
  • When I Fall in Love (Christiansen Family, #3)
  • There is a Season (Cheney and Shiloh: The Inheritance #3)
  • The Carousel Painter
  • The Bachelor's Bargain (Miss Pickworth Series #2)
  • Mark of Distinction (Price of Privilege, #2)
  • A Christmas Melody (Trevor Family Saga, #4)
  • A Promise to Love (Michigan Northwoods, #2)
  • Taming the Wind (Land of the Lone Star, #3)
  • Firewall (FBI: Houston, #1)
  • Truth or dare
also wrote under the pseudonym Marcia MacDonald

A popular author of her day she wrote over 100 novels and numerous short stories of religious and Christian fiction. Her characters were most often young female ingénues, frequently strong Christian women or those who become so within the confines of the story.
More about Grace Livingston Hill...
The Enchanted Barn Marcia Schuyler (Miranda Trilogy #1) The Girl from Montana (GLH #66) The Substitute Guest Crimson Roses