Start by marking “Women of Marvel - Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Women of Marvel - Volume 2

Women of Marvel - Volume 2

3.06 of 5 stars 3.06  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Featuring more classic tales of Marvel's leading ladies, this volume includes characters such as Kitty Pryde, Black Cat, Dagger, Spider-Woman, Tigra, Rogue, Storm and more!
Published August 22nd 2007 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Women of Marvel - Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Women of Marvel - Volume 2

B. Jay
I read Volume 1 and 2 of these collections simultaneously and was surprisingly struck by the evolution of female heroines in Marvel comics. It wasn't too unexpected to see that the villains in 1960's era female super hero comics were one-dimensional woman-haters, or that the strong female leads in these stories needed to be faced by misogyny before finding their inner strength. It was a bit shocking to find a few of these characters lingering into the nineties, though.
The real impact for me, th
Korynn
Sep 22, 2007 Korynn rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: women's lib fans
I bought this volume, which is by the way a hefty $25 for a paperback, because I really enjoyed the first volume. The first volume not only had the attraction of having a great cover by Mike Mayhew but it featured Marvel's female characters including some origins. This second volume is not to my taste. It features some stories that just leave a bad taste in my mouth. The Avengers "female liberators" storyline is just horrifying to me. Valkerie shows up and talks the Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Medusa, ...more
Samra
Very cool to learn about some adventures I didn't know
Bookyurt
May 30, 2014
Sarah added it
May 14, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Meena
Meena marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Al
Al marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2013
Amanda Heideman
Amanda Heideman marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2013
Princesskhym
Princesskhym is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2012
Scratch
Scratch marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2010
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2010
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2008
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2008
Roy Thomas is a comic book writer and editor, and Stan Lee's first successor as editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics. He is possibly best known for introducing the pulp magazine hero Conan the Barbarian to American comics, with a series that added to the storyline of Robert E. Howard's character and helped launch a sword and sorcery trend in comics. Thomas is also known for his championing of Golden A ...more
More about Roy Thomas...
Dracula (Marvel Illustrated) The Savage Sword of Conan, Volume 1 Michael Moorcock's Elric of Melnibone The Avengers: The Kree-Skrull War The Savage Sword of Conan, Volume 2