Start by marking “Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 6: The Secret Woods (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #6)” as Want to Read:

Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 6: The Secret Woods (Naoki Urasawa's Monster #6)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  900 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Johan is a cold and calculating killer with a mysterious past, and brilliant Dr. Kenzo Tenma is the only one who can stop him! Conspiracy and serial murder open the door to a compelling, intricately woven plot in this masterpiece manga thriller.

Tenma's former fiancée Eva Heinneman's life has gone downhill since the death of her father and her breakup with Tenma. Now she's
Published December 19th 2006 by VIZ Media (first published May 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 6

Anna  Matsuyama
In this volume at last we meet Johan in person!
Ah, Gerhard Freidl would be perfect as Johan Lieber, wouldn't he?

But before we see Johan we meet Eva. She is unhappy, lonely and miserable however it is a bit hard do sympathise with her she still is obsessed with Tenma and wallows in self pity. I hope she will be able to pull herself together.
And now more pictures! Olga Prokofieva as Eva Heinemann

and Naoki Tanaka as Dr Kazuo Tenma
Jimmy
This is the continuation of the Monster Manga series. Once you start reading the first volume, you can’t put it down! With each volume the plot gets thicker and the suspense increases. I loved how the story takes place over different part of Europe; there is a feel that this is “Jason Borne” in Manga form! I thought it was also neat to see how this was originally in Japanese but the author and the artist gave great attention to detail concerning Europe, it’s “look,” the specific city and locatio ...more
Kari Ramirez
After sitting on my shelf and renewing them twice from the library I finally started reading these (after stopping at volume two and not reading much of anything) again. I ended up tearing through them in a couple of days because I needed to know what happened!

The story flows so nicely. You're caught in this twilight time. It's not a tv show, it's not a novel, it's both. The suspense is definitely edge-of-your-seat and with each cliffhanger ending you automatically start reaching for the next vo
Mikael Kuoppala
Concentrating on new, younger characters the sixth volume of "Monster" is no less intriguing or mature that its predecessors. We get a nice mystery, some wonderful character drama, and- best of all- it becomes apparent that the saga is getting very near to Johan, the charismatic "monster" whose destructive trail of dehumanizing hate we have witnessed throughout this story.
Blair Conrad
Not a lot of Tenma, but the Eva/Deiter interactions make this book worthwhile on their own. A little bit of a slowish confusing intro to the “Vampire of Bavaria” arc, but even that has its appeal.
Robert Beveridge
Naoki Urasawa, Monster, vol. 6: The Secret Woods (ViZ, 1995)

Tenma is still on Johan's trail, but it's time for the long-awaited (and final?) confrontation between Tenma and Lunge, which started at the end of book five. The depths of Lunge's obsession are finally revealed in all their glory. Later on, Eva—one of the few people who can independently attest to Johan's existence—tracks Tenma to the secluded home of a mob boss with a fondness for French chicken dishes. Unfortunately, it seems she may
andrew
a third of the way through. will these characters, who are outside the core three, survive for more than another chapter? who knows! i doubt it!
Tarek Tantawy
Why am I still reading this manga?
Joy
Joevarian
When you find yourself interested in psychoanalysis, this manga is for you. The best of psychological thriller manga for me. This mangaka really knows how to build up our curiosity which makes this manga quite amazing.
A. E. S.
Another great volume! This one has two surprise twists and the return of our favorite girl, Eva. Look out Tenma!
Brenda
The story continues to twist and is only more and more compelling. The illustrations are excellent. I love this style.
Jan
It was great! Matt insisted i read this graphic novel series. A real page turner--read right through it.
Jana
This series keeps getting better and better!
an
  • Mushishi, Volume 2
  • Vagabond, Volume 11
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 10
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 5
  • Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, Volume 3 (Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, #3)
  • Planetes. Vol. 3  (Planetes, #3)
  • Adolf : A Tale of the Twentieth Century
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...
Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1: Herr Dr. Tenma (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #1) PLUTO: Naoki Urasawa x Ozamu Tezuka, Band 001 (Pluto, #1) 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1) PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2) PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003 (Pluto, #3)