Start by marking “Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 8: My Nameless Hero (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #8)” as Want to Read:

Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 8: My Nameless Hero (Naoki Urasawa's Monster #8)

4.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,152 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Johan is a cold and calculating killer with a mysterious past, and brilliant Dr. Kenzo Tenma is the only one who can stop him! Conspiracy and serial murder open the door to a compelling, intricately woven plot in this masterpiece manga thriller.

Tenma is hot on Johan's trail and he's more determined than ever. Now in top physical condition and armed with a high-performance
Published June 12th 2007 by VIZ Media (first published February 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 8

Mike
Dec 28, 2014 Mike rated it it was amazing
Monster is a layered thriller that has been building from the very first chapter. Furthermore this volume directly continues a multi-volume arc. Don't start here - read from the beginning.

Johan has maneuvered himself close to a powerful, famous financier, though those examining the web around him can only guess at his ultimate motive. Lunge's obsession with Tenma continues to overshadow everything else in his life, while Tenma's allies race to prevent the doctor from rash action.

The story of Han
Brad
Apr 02, 2015 Brad rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, mystery
Ah, we now have friends. Friends always help friends plan elaborate assassinations of evil monsters, right? Oh yes. Too bad such elaborate schemes are always fraught with impending doom. God I love this series.
Jamie
Jul 15, 2007 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of thrillers and HBO's "The Wire"
Shelves: graphicnovels
Eight volumes into his extraordinary series Monster, Naoki Urasawa manages to keep the intrigue growing exponentially. What impresses me the most is how he continues on his main narrative line but has created such a broad tableaux, he has plenty of room to leave the central plot and explore pockets of the larger story, all the while keeping his readers abreast of the progression of the Fugitive-esque story of a Japanese doctor searching for the culprit in the murders he himself is suspected of c ...more
Jimmy
Aug 22, 2014 Jimmy rated it it was amazing
This is the continuation of a series of Manga. Once you start reading the first volume, you can’t put it down! With each volume the plot gets thicker and the suspense increases. I loved how the story takes place over different part of Europe; there is a feel that this is “Jason Borne” in Manga form! I thought it was also neat to see how this was originally in Japanese but the author and the artist gave great attention to detail concerning Europe, it’s “look,” the specific city and location and t ...more
Kari Ramirez
Jul 05, 2014 Kari Ramirez rated it it was amazing
After sitting on my shelf and renewing them twice from the library I finally started reading these (after stopping at volume two and not reading much of anything) again. I ended up tearing through them in a couple of days because I needed to know what happened!

The story flows so nicely. You're caught in this twilight time. It's not a tv show, it's not a novel, it's both. The suspense is definitely edge-of-your-seat and with each cliffhanger ending you automatically start reaching for the next vo
Blair Conrad
Jan 09, 2010 Blair Conrad rated it it was amazing
Am I ever going to stop loving Monster? It seems unlikely at this point. The connections between the characters continue to be developed, and against all expectations, we learn that Johan may be even more evil than he’s seemed up ‘til now. Yeek!
Sebastien
Jul 23, 2014 Sebastien rated it really liked it
The pieces of the puzzle are setting onto place.making it harder to not read the next volume . I will go to the library ASAP .
Jude
Mar 22, 2015 Jude rated it it was amazing
JOOOHHHHAAAAAANNNN i don't understand this person IM SO TAKEN BY THIS STORY
Elisa
Oct 15, 2015 Elisa rated it it was amazing
This volume was action packed! I can't wait to read the next one.
Sami Privitor
Feb 02, 2015 Sami Privitor rated it it was amazing
This is so sad!
andrew
Feb 09, 2014 andrew rated it liked it
a slight improvement. SLIGHT.
Mikael Kuoppala
Dec 05, 2012 Mikael Kuoppala rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The end of volume 7 saw the return of Tenma, the original protagonist of the series who had been virtually absent for a while. "My Nameless Hero" is Tenma-centric again, which might be an indication of the dramatis personae solidifying. After detours- excellent and relevant detours- we are back on the main track, richer and wiser. We also get some chilling insight into Johan as the horrifying social experiment he runs with children is explored further.
Joevarian
Aug 06, 2011 Joevarian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arts
When you find yourself interested in psychoanalysis, this manga is for you. The best of psychological thriller manga for me. This mangaka really knows how to build up our curiosity which makes this manga quite amazing.
Romi
Jan 27, 2008 Romi rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Si jenius Johan yg membunuh org2 yg terlibat ama dia n berusaha menghilangkan jejaknya tanpa harus turun tangan langsung...
Manga keren dengan begitu banyak misteri dan kegelapan...
Brian
Nov 18, 2014 Brian rated it really liked it
A bit of a lull in the unrelenting action/tension, but at this point it's good to have a bit of a breather and provide time for the pieces to move around the chess board a little.
Jan
Aug 19, 2010 Jan rated it really liked it
It was great! Matt insisted i read this graphic novel series. A real page turner--read right through it.
T.M. Carper
Aug 05, 2011 T.M. Carper rated it liked it
The suspense continues to build and grow. Quick, fast-paced read.
an
Mar 11, 2008 an rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
g akan nyangka kalao tau sampai akhirnya.
kinu triatmojo
Jul 01, 2007 kinu triatmojo rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The (best) gloomy suspense series (so far)
Suzydumeur
Jul 29, 2011 Suzydumeur rated it it was amazing
Toujours aussi haletant !
Snow
Mar 13, 2009 Snow rated it really liked it
read for fun
Mely
Mely rated it really liked it
Mylenamb
Mylenamb rated it it was amazing
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Seamus Scanlon
Seamus Scanlon rated it liked it
Luthie
Luthie added it
May 20, 2016
Vishnu Vardhan
Vishnu Vardhan rated it liked it
Gabriel
Gabriel rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
Connie
Connie rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
  • Mushishi, Vol. 7
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 03
  • Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, Volume 2 (Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, #2)
  • Adolf : A Tale of the Twentieth Century
  • Gantz/13
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 5
  • Blame!, Vol. 9
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...

Naoki Urasawa's Monster (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1: Herr Dr. Tenma (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #1)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 2: Surprise Party (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #2)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 3: 511 Kinderheim (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #3)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 4: Ayse's Friend (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #4)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 5: After the Carnival (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #5)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 6: The Secret Woods (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #6)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 7: Richard (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #7)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 9: A Nameless Monster (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #9)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 10: Picnic (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #10)
  • Naoki Urasawa Präsentiert: Monster, Band 11: Toter Winkel (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #11)