Start by marking “The Last Lobo (Jacob Lansa, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Last Lobo (Jacob Lansa, #3)

The Last Lobo (Jacob Lansa #3)

When Jacob travels with his grandfather back to the Hopi reservation where he was born, he gets a lot more than a quiet trip to the desert. He quickly discovers that the Hopi on the reservation are divided over a lobo, an endangered Mexican wolf, which some say is hunting on the reservation.
Published August 1st 2001 by Disney-Hyperion (first published September 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Lobo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Lobo

Clint
Dec 13, 2011 Clint rated it really liked it
Shelves: 16-30
Jacob has spent more time than most in the wild working with wild animals. Having a father who is a field biologist has taken Jacob on adventures to Africa and Brazil. When Jacob returns from Brazil he finds that his father has voluntarily left his rest home and gone home to the Hopi Indian Reservation in Arizona. Jacob takes off to find his grandfather which leads him to another adventure in the wild. When Jacob gets to the reservation he finds there is a lobo on the loose and joins with an old ...more
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Jun 17, 2014 Erik This Kid Reviews Books rated it really liked it
This is a great book from one of my favorite authors. I love that it teaches a little bit about the Native American cultures in that area (New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, etc.). I like Buckley a lot. He's cool. I like how the main character, Jake, and his grandfather's friend search for the lobo together and how they bond. I also like how they don't plan to kill the lobo.
Daniel
Mar 05, 2009 Daniel rated it it was amazing
The Last Lobo is a great book. I think anyone who likes animals and adventure will like it. It is about a kid named Jake. Jake's grandpa Taw goes down to New Mexico to see his friend named John. Jake follows him as suprise. When he gets down there, he meets a guy named Buckley who drives him to the Hopi Indian Reservation. When he got there, he meets Marie, John's wife. Then he mets Earl, a big buff guy who is Marie's ex-husband. Jake hears a rumor that lobos are killing farms animals. The Hopi ...more
Rebecca
Aug 18, 2016 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Savannah & I really enjoy this Oregon-homed author's books even though they're written for younger peeps. ;)
Owen
Nov 19, 2009 Owen rated it it was amazing
I read this book because it was by an author that I liked. I read it thinking maybe it will be good. It was fantastic, I really liked the topic I thought it was interesting and creative. The characters all had unique traits and were all well described and had good personalities. This is probably one of my fvorite books.
Cathy
Jan 22, 2013 Cathy rated it liked it
B; A Nice short read while I was at work. From the Jr Fiction section about a 15 year old boy who helps his grandfather and the Hopi tribe catch a lobo (wolf). I think I picked this up because Lobo is the name of one of our fur herd.
Catherine
Mar 06, 2013 Catherine rated it liked it
One thing I enjoy about Smith's writing is that every book is different from the others. He covers a vast array of topics. I enjoyed learning about lobos (wolves) in this this story.
Calli
May 11, 2011 Calli rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I hadn't realized that this was a sequel, of sorts, to Thunder Cave. And it's actually the third book, with Jaguar in between.

Enjoyed this -- now back to Jaguar.
Dedrick Stewart
Dec 17, 2012 Dedrick Stewart rated it it was amazing
I found this book very interesting. i am not much of a reader but i found patience with this book.
Kenna
Feb 28, 2015 Kenna rated it really liked it
I just love Roland Smith's books and how they're full of humor and adventure.
blanca
Jan 09, 2009 blanca rated it it was ok
i only read a little bit but i really dont remember what it was about
Steve Mickelson
Jul 06, 2012 Steve Mickelson rated it liked it
Not as good as the first two books, but still a good adventure!
Tina
Aug 08, 2011 Tina rated it really liked it
it really showed the native american culture!
John
Oct 30, 2009 John added it
Part 3 after Thunder Cave and Jaguar. Great boys adventure. Middle school age.
Risa Hunter
Risa Hunter rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Ati
Ati is currently reading it
TheMemeMachine
TheMemeMachine is currently reading it
Matilda
Matilda rated it it was amazing
Marina
Marina rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Mrslabraden
Mrslabraden marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Shadid Shakhawat
Shadid Shakhawat marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Shari
Shari rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Al Lee
Al Lee marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Emilie Salazar
Emilie Salazar marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Jeannie Bellar
Jeannie Bellar rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Is Roland Smith a good author or what? 1 1 Mar 27, 2013 11:13AM
  • Stealing Thunder
  • Buttermilk Hill
  • Trapped in Death Cave
  • Carlotta's Kittens (Cat Pack #3)
  • Worth
  • Christmas Sonata
  • Pacific Crossing
  • At Yellow Lake
  • Here's How I See It--Here's How It Is
  • The Vacation
  • Almost Home
  • Karen's Leprechaun (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #59)
  • Timelock (Caretaker, #3)
  • Earthquake Terror
  • All is Swell: Trust in Thelma's Way
  • Six Days
  • What Eric Knew (Sebastian Barth, #1)
  • Mogo, the Third Warthog
Roland Smith is an American author of young adult fiction as well as nonfiction books for children.
Smith was born in Portland, Oregon, and graduated from Portland State University and, following a part-time job at the Oregon Zoo in Portland, began a 20-year career as a zookeeper, both at the Oregon Zoo and the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma, Washington. After working to save wildlife following the E
More about Roland Smith...

Jacob Lansa (3 books)
  • Thunder Cave (Jacob Lansa, #1)
  • Jaguar (Jacob Lansa, #2)