Start by marking “Calamity Jayne Goes to College (Calamity Jayne, #4)” as Want to Read:
Calamity Jayne Goes to College (Calamity Jayne, #4)

Calamity Jayne Goes to College (Calamity Jayne #4)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  578 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Ace cub reporter Tressa Jayne Turner is carrying a full load - and we're not talking post-holiday pounds. Back in college for the fourth time, she's also looking to nab a raise from her stingy boss at the Gazette. So, what's to stop her making the grade?
Published April 1st 2007 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about Calamity Jayne Goes to College, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calamity Jayne Goes to College

Apr 03, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries, 2009
The 4th book in the Calamity Jayne series. I was a little let down with the 3rd book, but this was a vast improvement. Tressa plays investigator with her cousin, Frankie, and his fiancee, Dixie, who also happens to be Tressa's arch-nemesis. Someone on campus is committing crimes that follow the lectures in one of Frankie and Dixie's classes. Tressa needs a story for her investigative reporting class, so off they go looking for the criminal. The mystery is a little weak to me (I had it figured ou ...more
Lissa
Sep 23, 2013 Lissa rated it liked it
Shelves: fresh-fiction
Reviewed by Lissa Staley
Posted March 15, 2007

Romance Chick-Lit | Mystery

After an adventuresome summer involving a dead body in her trunk at the Iowa State Fair, Tressa Jayne Turner is heading back to school in nearby Des Moines. She has a love/hate relationship with her carpooling buddies -- she loves her cousin Frankie, but hates his girlfriend Dixie. Since she's a local newspaper reporter, Tressa is taking journalism classes and eager for a great assignment. She's very interested in her frie
Mehrunisa Salim
Mar 21, 2016 Mehrunisa Salim rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud funny! I enjoy the mystery investigative aspect of these books, however I tend to always pinpoint the troublemakers, however it still is fun finding out the story. There were definitely moments I wanted to yell at Jayne as well as some other characters. Sometimes things really frustrate me, but really I think those things can SOMETIMES add some realism. But other times I just things go too far, if that makes any sense.
Lynn
Jan 04, 2015 Lynn rated it really liked it
I'm a fan of Stephanie Plum series and Calamity Jane series is just as entertaining. Some people will tell you about the story, but i believe everybody should read the books. The interesting characters and how the story lines move from one book to the next will have you laughing and smiling. I wish I would have found this series earlier.
Susan
Jan 23, 2011 Susan rated it it was ok
There's a crime wave at little Carson college, and the crimes seem to be linked to the criminal justice lectures professor Billings gives. Tressa Jayne Turner, who's taking a few journalism courses there, sees her chance to get an A in a course, and a scoop for the small town paper where she works. Naturally, there's more going on in her life, like three guys who seem interested, one bride's maid gown that may be a little too tight, and a few other problems like that. I'd enjoy this series bette ...more
Deb
Aug 06, 2015 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a hoot!

Just another one of those books you have to read! I laughed so hard I scared my dogs - honestly!
Steph
Jul 31, 2009 Steph rated it liked it
Vickie
Feb 10, 2015 Vickie rated it really liked it
Some inconsistencies & editing errors, but a good story.
Ruth
Jan 30, 2016 Ruth rated it it was amazing
Hilarious; laugh out loud!! Loved it!!
Heather Chargualaf
Jan 01, 2015 Heather Chargualaf rated it liked it
Not my favorite.
Mar 25, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: library
It took me a while to get into this book; I almost started another book in the middle of this book it took so long. However, I got about halfway into it and realized that I was actually enjoying it more than I expected. (view spoiler) I will be reading the next book; this one kind of ended in a cliff hanger!
Ann
Jan 19, 2013 Ann rated it it was ok
I am a big fan of Janet Evanovich and her Stephanie Plum series. I was really wanting to like this series but I just didn't like Jayne. She is just too annoying for me to enjoy. I guess I'm too old for this series. The book is put together well and the mystery is OK but not spectacular so I'll skip my review on this one.
Melanie
Jul 25, 2012 Melanie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This series is so frustrating sometimes. Manny and his Aunt Mo are killing me. Tressa lying to Rick.... I just want to finish the last two. If it doesn't end with Tressa and Rick happily ever after, I'll be ticked.
Gayla Glass
Oct 07, 2013 Gayla Glass rated it really liked it
Yes, there is something about these books, yet I keep reading them. I like Calamity and have to admit Rick was better in this one, but the competition will do him some good. On to the next.
Lynn Demsky
Nov 15, 2013 Lynn Demsky rated it did not like it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
I just did not care for - ugly sense of humor but then, I don't care for Janet Evanovich's books so..........guess it was my mistake for picking it up!
Chris
Jul 20, 2014 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, read-in-2013
This one cracked me up. Especially during Kari's wedding. Lol!! Probably my favorite so far.
Christy
Jan 02, 2010 Christy rated it it was amazing
This has been my favorite of the series so far. These books are just hilarious.
Heidi
May 18, 2013 Heidi rated it it was amazing
So many funny moments that had me laughing out loud!
Valerie Cooper
Dec 13, 2012 Valerie Cooper rated it really liked it
Cute series. Great for a quick light read.
Rebecca
May 06, 2008 Rebecca rated it liked it
Fun, easy read in the series.
Jean
Aug 16, 2012 Jean rated it liked it
My new purse book.
Pauline
Pauline rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Paige Newcomb
Paige Newcomb rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Mystique Sisson
Mystique Sisson rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Marjorie Mckay-gurley
Marjorie Mckay-gurley marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jul 11, 2016
Lenny Leithauser
Lenny Leithauser marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
  • Kickout Clause (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #7)
  • Mischief in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #2)
  • Hollywood Secrets (Hollywood Headlines, #2)
  • Maggie Without A Clue (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #3)
  • Jackrabbit Junction Jitters (Jackrabbit Junction, #2)
  • Extracurricular Activities (A Murder 101 Mystery, #2)
  • Out of Office (Queenie Baby, #2)
  • Top O' the Mournin' (Passport to Peril, #2)
  • Not Exactly Eden
  • Where There's Smoke
  • Dead as a Scone (A Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery #1)
  • Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3)
  • Smart Girls Think Twice (Girls Do Or Don't, #4)

Calamity Jayne (8 books)
  • Calamity Jayne (Calamity Jayne, #1)
  • Calamity Jayne Rides Again (Calamity Jayne, #2)
  • Ghouls Just Want to Have Fun (Calamity Jayne, #3)
  • Calamity Jayne Heads West (Calamity Jayne, #5)
  • Anchors Aweigh (Calamity Jayne, #6)
  • Calamity Jayne and the Trouble with Tandems (Calamity Jayne, #7)
  • Calamity Jayne and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Lawn Gnome (Calamity Jayne, #8)