Start by marking “Green Hell: How Environmentalists Plan to Control Your Life and What You Can Do to Stop Them” as Want to Read:

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  99 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Big Brother Has Turned Green
The environmental movement has cultivated a warm and fuzzy public image, but behind the smiley-face rhetoric of "sustainability" and "conservation" lies a dark agenda. The Greens aim to regulate your behavior, downsize your lifestyle, and invade the most intimate aspects of your personal life.

In this stunning exposé, Steve Milloy unveils the aut
Published March 3rd 2009 by Regnery Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Green Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Hell

Matthew Ciarvella
May 13, 2014 Matthew Ciarvella rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
I picked up this book because, after reading "Green is the New Red" by Will Potter, I felt that I should read something that would serve as a counter-argument. Something to help keep my opinions balanced to prevent the "political echo chamber" effect that happens if you only ever read or watch things that support the views you already agree with.

Sadly, this book was a terrible choice for something that could make a case against environmentalism.

This book has left me with a new resolution: from
Dfordoom
Mar 10, 2012 Dfordoom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, politics
Unlike most books on the subject of the great global warming hoax Steve Milloy’s Green Hell: How Environmentalists Plan to Control Your Life and What You Can Do to Stop Them doesn’t focus on the scientific arguments which as he points out are well documented elsewhere. In any case man-made global warming has been so thoroughly debunked that it’s hardly necessary to labour the point. The science is in, and man-made global warming is not happening.

Milloy’s focus is on the real agenda behind the sc
Rebecca McNutt
Apr 14, 2015 Rebecca McNutt rated it it was amazing
I suppose this book is not a favorite among environmentalists, but it's a book that everyone needs to read because it points out how environmentalism is slowly taking away much of what we use and enjoy every day, from larger vehicles to traditional film methods (super 8, Kodachrome, etc.) to rodent-free schools to books that won't slowly degrade. Sure, we could put up with pouring our money into overly expensive eco-friendly lightbulbs and organic foods, but is it really making any difference? G ...more
Ken Roebuck
Jul 26, 2011 Ken Roebuck rated it it was amazing
Green Hell by Steve Milloy is a well researched and documented polemic that exposes the true misanthropic agenda of environmentalists. The green's earth first fervor against human beings will scare the living hell out of you. The radical eco-movement in essence is nothing more than an ideological crusade to save the planet at the expense of humanity and individual freedom. The green’s ultimate goal is zero population growth, limiting the development of physical infrastructure, impeding economic ...more
Eevi
Jun 02, 2010 Eevi rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I am finding this to be a great, well-researched book on the myths of the environmentalist movement. Mainly the myth that there is an environmental problem. It boils down to the environmentalists not wanting any people on the earth. They are trying to pass laws and taxes so they can train the rest of us to follow their agenda. One example of their agenda is that people would only eat local produce. They seem to forget that in most of the world, produce isn't produced locally year-round. Although ...more
Anna Murray
Sep 04, 2010 Anna Murray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book pointed out a lot of inconsistencies and possible dangers to society in the "green movement," but I am not at all certain that there is a concerted "movement" as such, especially after reading this book. Mr. Milloy begins the book with the premise that there is a green "conspiracy" to interfere with our freedoms and liberties but continues to prove that there is not a "conspiracy" as such.

If Mr. Milloy were not so dogmatic in his anti-green campaign and could stick to a more honest ana
Vicci
Apr 19, 2009 Vicci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I'm about one-third of the way through this book and I'm shuddering to think what our brave new world is going to look like in 20 years. My children's children will inherit the mess environmentalists (who cannot be appeased no matter what we do) will make of our planet. Perhaps if we regress to horses and buggies, we can also go back to the ways of the wild wild west. Yee haw.
Richard
May 05, 2009 Richard rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
When I started reading Green Hell, I knew that it would make me angry, and it did. But as I progressed through it, I became less angry and more depressed. I used to think that greed and internal arguing would destroy the United States of America, but now I know that environmentalism will do it.
Daniel DeLappe
Aug 11, 2009 Daniel DeLappe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book should be read by everyone. Then read a book from another prospective (as well written and researched as this one. Make sure to read the parts on RFK and The Rolling Stone article and anything about Al Gore. This book may have its own agenda, but it still worth the read.
Darrick
Jun 17, 2009 Darrick rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, 2009, non-fiction
This would be a great book for anyone who thinks man made global warming is a hoax, and anyone who thinks we need to extract as many resources as possible, as quickly as possible without regard for the environment. If that's you, I strongly recommend this book!
Mawdawgie
Oct 15, 2009 Mawdawgie rated it really liked it
I do reccomend people read this book and think about it before deciding where they really stand on these issues and what they really want the outcomes to be. I do think it is a good idea to read chapter 12 first and then read the entire book notes and all.
Kate
Mar 04, 2015 Kate rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I would NEVER choose to read a book like this (politically-biased treatises), but it was sitting in my in-laws' house and they claimed it was "so great and interesting." Spoiler alert: it isn't. This book is the biggest load of biased, vitriolic, ill-informed, entitled horse shit I've ever read.

Truly awful. Horrible. Anyone who believes a single word of this is probably laboring under the same entitled assumption that the author is: "I want everything and I want it now. Fuck the rest of the worl
Patrick
The hyperbole in this book was so over the top I ultimately found myself unable to take Milloy seriously. Still, the examples he cites of "Greens" on the loose was rather frightening. Essentially a gang of thugs who will use any means necessary to advance their agenda, unless Milloy is being a bit less that truthful. (And since Regenery Publishing is somehow involved in this work...can't rule that out.)

Oh, and this is just about 100% politics, 0% science. He obviously believes global warming is
Marc Dorval
Apr 04, 2010 Marc Dorval rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Truly a waste of time. Steven Milloy warps the facts to suit a conspiracy-minded worldview that, frankly, doesn't stand up to logic or proper argument.

It would have been more interesting if Mr. Milloy had avoided inflammatory rhetoric in what seemed like every paragraph on the page. And, if he had allowed for more objective use of facts, some credibility would have surfaced in his text. As written, though, I found it hard to take the author seriously even though I also think that environmentalis
Rick
Sep 11, 2009 Rick rated it did not like it
I picked up this book to offer counter arguments to Hot, Flat & Crowded, which I recently read. This book is pretty much useless though. Kind of like asking a Baptist what Mormons believe. All you'll get is a fairly hysterical response where various statements are taken out of context. Not that I identify at all with the green movement. But this book isn't helpful at all if you're looking for information about whether global warming is manmade or their specific plans for dealing with it.
Michael Tarpinian
This is frightening and depressing. The Greens are manipulating our corporations and government bodies to impose their godless morality on the rest of us.

There is hope of combatting this madness. I would propose a measured response. Conservatives like to save money and resources. Having uneconomic mandates forced upon us is tyranny.
Gary
Dec 01, 2009 Gary rated it really liked it
An excellent exploration of the political side of the man-made global warming issue. Any serious person must fully examine the idea that the politics behind climate change must raise questions as to its validity. And that this is as much, if not more, about ideology as it is about a concern for the environment.
Charles
Read in contrast to some of the other environmental books on this list, even though I consider myself an environmentalist there is a lot of truth here, good to avoid both extremes we should not strip mine the planet or become Eco-Terrorists!
Kara
Jul 02, 2009 Kara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won't lie, the title scared me, but the book was amazing. I am an avid component of listening to both sides of every debate and with the Green movement so heavily publicized, this is an excellent counter argument.
Jason
Aug 10, 2012 Jason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh man! Reading this book just further proves how outlandish the "enviromentalist" really are!
Beverly
Feb 04, 2012 Beverly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent arguments against the "green" agenda.
Nedland P.
Dec 11, 2010 Nedland P. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book I've read on the "green revolution".
Chris
Nov 02, 2009 Chris rated it really liked it
Good summary read of how the global warming movement is harming, and will continue to harm, the American economy and limit individual behaviors and freedoms. Touches very little on the scientific arguments for or against global warming; focuses more on how this is being used in the political realm to bring about unnecessary, unproductive, and destructive change.
This book is not intended to provide arguments for or against global warming, and so speaks lightly to the technical arguments of globa
Betty
May 12, 2009 Betty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A frustrating and depressing read in the sense that the environmentalists seem to be winning everywhere, and yet their positions seem to defy logic. They support something, until you actually try to do it, and then they say it's not enough or no longer support it. And, of course, every real or perceived ill in the world's mankind's fault. Take global warming or cooling, now called simply climate change. They have no regard for that big ball of gases out in space and what effect its natural cycle ...more
Lianna
Dec 19, 2010 Lianna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quit
Yes there's big money in the green industry and it's important to be skeptical but this guy's attitude is so grating and smug that I had to stop reading. He's as fanatical about his inalienable right to drive SUV's as environmentalists can be about whatever. Best to wait for ex- American Physical Society member Harold Lewis to come out with a book.

Josh
Mar 13, 2012 Josh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Went over the politics and morality of the green movement rather than the science, which is disappointing, but that's what the Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming is for. While the book gets completely over-the-top about halfway through, it still brings up some good points throughout. Green Hell doesn't shoot down the entire green movement, of course, but it serves its purpose in showing the darker, selfish side of some of its politics and politicians.
Aaron Carlberg
What an interesting book. The book is full of facts and cited sources. How green many policies actually hurt the environment and economic growth. Many people in the movement simply want humans to stop consuming anything whatsoever â“ the crusade becomes more about power and getting people to stop than stewarding God's creation. Read this book. ...more
Lianna
Oct 14, 2010 Lianna marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shock Doctrine, environment style
Hannah Daffinson
Hannah Daffinson marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Shadow Party: How George Soros, Hillary Clinton, and Sixties Radicals Seized Control of the Democratic Party
  • Shadowbosses: Government Unions Control America and Rob Taxpayers Blind
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to Science
  • Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming: And Environmentalism
  • Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity: Get Out the Shovel -- Why Everything You Know Is Wrong
  • The Abolition of Britain: From Winston Churchill to Princess Diana
  • Higher Superstition: The Academic Left and Its Quarrels with Science
  • The Housing Boom and Bust
  • Stealth Jihad: How Radical Islam Is Subverting America without Guns or Bombs
  • How Evil Works: Understanding and Overcoming the Destructive Forces That Are Transforming America
  • Cool It: The Skeptical Environmentalist's Guide to Global Warming
  • Darwin's Doubt: The Explosive Origin of Animal Life and the Case for Intelligent Design
  • God and the Astronomers
  • 48 Liberal Lies About American History
  • A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State
  • Beyond the Cosmos: What Recent Discoveries in Astrophysics Reveal About the Glory and Love of God
  • Lights Out: Islam, Free Speech And The Twilight Of The West