Start by marking “Growl!: A Book about Bears” as Want to Read:
Growl!: A Book about Bears

Growl!: A Book about Bears

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Did you know that a grizzly eats about 35 pounds of food each day? Or that pandas were once thought to be raccoons? Each spread in this book features fascinating information and fabulous, full-color photographs.
Published February 1st 1999 by Turtleback Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Growl!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Growl!

Rosa Cline
This is a 'science' book that was a fun read. Facts and information about all types of bears but written in a way along with photos to make it fun for a child to learn from.
papay sesay
This book is about bears. Bears are very big animals. If you get too close to a bear cub it might kill you.
In fall bears eat any food they could find like fish, flower, grass, young deer and dead animals. Some bears like eating
sweet stuff like honey. Bears store fat for winter. They look for empty dens that were left by other animals. In winter bears
cuddle up with their children when it gets really cold at night. In spring bears come out of their dens to find food for themselves and their child
Ana Lupu
GRRR! GROWL! is what the bears say when they are mad or when they are fighting with other bears. I like this book because it tells you about all kinds of bears like sun bears, grizzly bears, polar bears, sloth bears, giant pandas, and last but not least their little children called cubs! I like this book because it explains how much they weigh, how much they eat, and how they live and find shelter! :) That's why I think you should read this book. Enjoy!!!
Jebbeh Fahnbulleh
I like this book because it talks about how they can move from place to place and how they can get their food. My favorite bears are giant pandas because they don't hurt people. Giant pandas love to eat bamboo.My other favorite bears are sun bears because they are really the smallest bears and they love to eat honey. Sometimes they eat sweet stuff. This is the best book ever. I just love it so much.
If you were wondering about bears, this is a good book to find many interesting facts about them. I would say that this book would be good for 2nd or 3rd graders to use for a report on bears. It would also be a good start to use for an older student. I like the fact that it has a useful index. The pictures are colorful and the cubs are cute.
I like this book because it's a good book. I like this book because it tells about all types of bears.I like this book because it tells about all types of bears' diets.
Brie added it
Jun 11, 2015
Heather Thomas
Heather Thomas marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Hope L. Justice
Hope L. Justice marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Erin marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Mis Thebh
Mis Thebh is currently reading it
Oct 19, 2014
Eric added it
Aug 19, 2014
Katja added it
Jan 28, 2014
Paola marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Roman Cat
Roman Cat marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Shannon Julien
Shannon Julien marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Cwalk marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Justin added it
Feb 03, 2013
Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, & Yawn Oil Spill! Switch On, Switch Off Spinning Spiders Reptiles (Scholastic True or False)