Start by marking “Beautiful World” as Want to Read:
Beautiful World

Beautiful World

2.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
An exciting new series that combines Gossip Girl and The Talented Mr. Ripley begins. Amelia Warner will stop at nothing to get what she wants. In fact, she deserves everything that wealthy Courtney Moore has--and Amelia sets out to get it.
Published June 2nd 2009 by Harper Teen (first published May 28th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful World

Paula  Phillips
Nov 01, 2013 Paula Phillips rated it liked it
In a world surrounded by celebrities and high class societies , the only way to be somebody unless you are in fact - a somebody is to fake it. That's what son and daughter of an academic professor are doing and so far they have gotten away with it all. Their act is brilliant. Who are they ? Amelia aka Ann and her brother Zach aka Zachary wish they lived the high life and have both perfected the art of pretending. Whilst on holiday in St.Bart as they Dad teaches a rich Baron's son over summer , ...more
Myka
Mar 23, 2014 Myka rated it liked it
I think this came off more interesting than I expected. It's not exactly a dead-ringer for Gossip Girl, but it does make one have an impression that they're similar because of the main character, Amelia Warner's desire for the higher class. Still, the books are far more different from each other.
The writing's okay, but somehow, it started a little slow for me. I thought that Amelia was one crazy pathological liar, always up to use people and pretend to be someone else. Her kind of reasoning's d
Stephanie
Jun 11, 2009 Stephanie rated it did not like it
Shelves: own
Unfortunately, Beautiful World was not a book that I enjoyed. It reminded me of Gossip Girl and because I am not particularly fond of Gossip Girl, it wasn’t such a good thing.

The main, bitchy character, which I don’t remember which also goes to show how low this book stands in my mind, was so whiny and annoying, I was so tempted to throw this book down in frustration. I mean, really, do you have to be that irritating??? All she did was complain about what she had and telling everyone how she des
Yan
May 24, 2009 Yan rated it did not like it
I just could not swallow this book. At mid-way I had to stop and wonder why I was even continuing. Skimmed through the rest, reading some dialogues here and there, some building blocks to the plot, but saw nothing really new from the first half.

It was a wash, rinse, and repeat type of book. Basic scenario of poor girl wanting to be rich and rich girl wanting some friends. Poor girl of course befriends rich girl and oh no, swindles her to believing rich girl that is she also rich. But here’s the
Carlie
Aug 14, 2011 Carlie rated it it was ok
This was a very different look at the privileged life that the Upper East Side lives in, and Amelia(Ann) is determined to make it her rightful place. Reality is that Ann is the daughter of a untenured professor who is struggling with various positions to make ends meet. Her brother Zach has his stunning good looks to keep the girls guessing if he was a younger version of Johnny Depp. But deep down Amelia is a con, a walking fraud who wants the best and brightest, but isn't going to pay for any o ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

melia (ok, its really Ann, but only her dad and her brother can get away with calling her by her real name) wants so much more out of life than her current lot.

Her father is a professor who cant seem to acquire tenure during any of his teaching jobs. And her mother has run off to live an extravagant lifestyle, cutting all ties to her and her brother. Amelia has heard rumors that her mother is currently the mistress to a wealthy French man.

Its on a working t
Ash
Jun 13, 2011 Ash rated it it was amazing
Okay so I know people think this book is utterly shallow, but really its not. Amelia is baiscally just this poor girl who yearns to have a "beautiful" life. She befriends a rich girl named Courtney who parents own a very sucessful hand santizer company. Obviously, it made them very very wealth. So Amelia befriends Courtney to get a one way ticket to the BEAUTIFUL WORLD. It pretty much works, but the book ends with a clift hanger. It was suppose to have suqueal but appearantly that sequeal has go ...more
Kricket
Aug 11, 2009 Kricket rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: skip it!
i had the wrong idea about this book. it's about a sister and brother, amelia & zach, who take advantage of rich friends to gain popularity and nice stuff. i hoped there would be some cool con artist stuff going on, clever scamming tricks, and that the whole thing would subtly mock the kind of people they're screwing. instead, amelia is a completely hateful character, and we never even find out why she does the things she does except that she's greedy. zach seems to have more depth but plays ...more
Kayla
Jan 06, 2012 Kayla rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Beautiful World mostly because you get to see the 'poor sad poor girl' rise up and do something about it. Also because it's neat to see a 'high school con artist' in a way. The plot is entertaining and I'm always curious what lie Amelia would come up with next to protect her true identity.

The only thing disappointing about this book is that it ends in a cliff hanger and no sequel ever came out.
Stefanie
Apr 10, 2015 Stefanie rated it it was ok
Read that in one sitting. It was no for me but I knew by how short of was I could get it done quickly. Should have known it wouldn't be that great with it having a low average rating. To much complaining from rich people, average girl wanting to be rich; Gossip Girl did the rich and famous of New York much better. But I mean it wasn't a completely terribly book, just most of it.
Ginnie Grant
Oct 15, 2013 Ginnie Grant rated it liked it
I give this book three stars. Not overly gripping, or educational, or anything. But there was a certain quality of wondering what was going to happen next. You cant help but feel for, and cheer for, the books most likeable characters, courtney and zach, as the awful amelia\ann\ whatever the hell her name is manipulates them all. I will defintely finish the series.
Lu
Mar 02, 2010 Lu rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK! i looked all over my city for the following book in the series but it was impossible! this book is like gossip girl, but its more fun! dont take me wrong gossip girl fans- i love gg!
Leah
Sep 19, 2010 Leah rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-finished
I got about 50 pages ino this book, and I just thought... wow... its so shallow and I really hate how Amelia just wanted to be friends with Courtney because she was popular and rich.
Madison Rock
Jul 29, 2012 Madison Rock rated it it was amazing
so interesting, never read a book like this before I read this book. I'm glad theres another book to it(:
Katie Kempski
Jan 20, 2013 Katie Kempski rated it did not like it
This book has no redeeming qualities.
Tiffany
Jun 10, 2010 Tiffany rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
I can relate.
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Valeria Navarro
Valeria Navarro marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Chan
Chan marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Amber
Amber added it
Dec 21, 2015
Julia Lockart
Julia Lockart marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Mandy Sickle
Mandy Sickle marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Hallie Parker
Hallie Parker rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Katherine
Katherine is currently reading it
Jun 15, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Tab
Tab added it
Apr 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

“Every picture tells a story. But sometimes it's hard to know what story is actually being told.” 12 likes