Start by marking “U Don't Know Me” as Want to Read:
U Don't Know Me

U Don't Know Me

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  492 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Seyun, a lithe and catty high school student with a mysterious past, and Yoojin, a rough-and-tumble, straight-laced judo star, are high school friends who struggle with their feelings for each other.
Published August 28th 2012 by NETCOMICS (first published May 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about U Don't Know Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about U Don't Know Me

DarienMoya
Apr 17, 2011 DarienMoya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yaoi-shounen-ai
***SEXY AS FECK*****

Its so good, I am gonna own this manga and read it everyday. So good, I wanna eat the book.

BEST MANGA I HAVE READ ALL YEAR! Better review when I own it, and ate it.

So I do own it, and as promised I feckin ate it.
Emma
Jun 02, 2012 Emma rated it it was amazing
A Korean manga like nothing you have read before. It’s bold, it’s brilliant and it will force you read it again and again. A story of two best friends, one gorgeous and one goal oriented and a gentleman in every way.

One of the MC mother leaves him and his father and his father drowned in debt works to his very bones to free himself from obligation he is not willing to share with anyone. This leaves him often in the company of his gentlemen friend and his family who always welcomes him with open
TheFountainPenDiva
How such a simple story about friendship becoming love can be turned into an emotionally resonant and beautifully illustrated tale speaks to the immense talent of Rakun. U Don't Know Me isn't just boys' love, but something deeper and unexpected. Seyun and Yoojin have been best friends since childhood. As children, dark-haired Yoojin has always been the taller, more athetic while Seyun's thin frame and feminine features has often made him a target for bullies--much to their regret because Seyun i ...more
Himi
Apr 02, 2012 Himi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Story: 5.0 – Hits all the right notes.
Artwork: 5.0 – I really like the pseudo-graphite tones used and the lanky but well proportioned limbs.
Translation: 5.0
Editing: 5.0 – HQ
Re-readablity: 5.0 – OH YES!
Final Score: 5.0

Rakun (AKA Na Yeri). Oh how I wish there were more stories like hers to devour! "U Don't Know Me" has been happily residing in the upper strata of my favorites list since my first read of it more than a year ago. The artwork is so delicious; it makes my mouth water. As a fan/p
Blak Rayne
To be honest, I’m long over the “school life” yaoi. Ninety percent have a predictable plot, a blubbering, feeble uke that looks more like a girl than a guy, and an over-the-top bully seme. Rape isn’t love no matter how you slice it. And not every teenager screws his or her teacher or vica versa, nor would they want to. I realize this is all just a flight of imagination, but honestly, it’s been done so many times, I can’t count that high. I guarantee there are only a handful of “school life” mang ...more
Kyoko SWords
Apr 13, 2015 Kyoko SWords rated it it was amazing
I really loved this manhwa, specially with the two faces of Seyu. Violent but completly in love <3
I just, I don't know. Every time I always have to come back to read some yaoi juts for being happy.
Dione Basseri
Dec 12, 2015 Dione Basseri rated it did not like it
I'm thankful that I found this book at a library $5 bag sale (as many as would fit in a bag, so about 40 books), not because I'm glad I read it but because it, essentially, only cost about twelve cents. I would have been pretty peeved if I'd had to pay the $10 list price!

Yes, you do get mature boy's love, and, since it's Korean and not Japanese, the artist is quite a bit more willing to show some details. It's not all strange crotch-circling mists and such. If all you wanted was to look at the b
Annelise Lestrange
Feb 26, 2012 Annelise Lestrange rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, reviewed, m-m
Devi
Dec 20, 2009 Devi rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Yaoi-friendly individuals
Shelves: yaoi
OMG! So good! The best yaoi manwha I've read in a long while! It was funny and sweet and both the guys and the sex was hot!!!! Wow! I'm so getting a copy as soon as possible!!! LOVED IT!!!

Thank you Rakun for producing such a wonderful, pleasurable read!!!!!!!!!!
Bogusia
Oct 29, 2015 Bogusia rated it it was amazing
The best yaoi manwha :)
Marthese Formosa
Mar 03, 2016 Marthese Formosa rated it really liked it
U don't know me is a manhwa about Yoojin and Seyun. Yoojin plays judo at one school and Seyun attends another. They are childhood friends turned lovers and although Seyun may appear as the innocent one he is in a gang and is quite aggressive even with Yoojin sometimes.

People confused Seyun with Sun Choi in his school, Sun Choi slept around so people were calling Seyun names; they probably regretted it. Seyun hit Yoojin when he implied he was sleeping around.

Seyun moves in with Yoojin; his parent
Tam
Jan 03, 2010 Tam rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, yaoi
This is Korean yaoi. Is that such a thing? I think it has another name. Anyway, Seyun and Yoojin have been friends since they were children, their parents were friends but now they go to different high schools. One day Yoojin gets pissed off because he thinks Seyun has been sleeping around and basically rapes him. Ooops. Seems it's another guy who LOOKS like Seyun. (I never really got the whole subplot of the friend who looks like Seyun). Anyway, they both confess their love and start dating. Bu ...more
Jennifer Lavoie
Nov 28, 2014 Jennifer Lavoie rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, korea, gay, yaoi
I liked the art and the story for this book, however there were some moments I had no idea what was happening. Like at the end when Seyun is talking to the guy who looks like him as they're on the mountain, and the guy mentions scattering ashes... and suddenly it's in his perspective. I had no clue what was happening. Other than that, this is a surprisingly good story with complex characters. Seyun and Yoojin are not what they appear to be, which was a nice change from what I've read recently.
Kat
Apr 29, 2016 Kat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pleasant manhwa with an interesting story, unfortunately as far as I know there is no sequel and that makes me sad. The art is lazy at times with the artist just cut and pasting faces and props, at times the facial shading is off and the posing looks awkward.
Katherine
Aug 04, 2015 Katherine rated it it was amazing
A pleasant surprise. A really good and thorough look at two young adults trying to make a go at a relationship. The sex is there but there is major plot going on as well and the story was just beautiful. I loved it.
Sophie
Sep 07, 2011 Sophie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, manga-bl, ifs
"U Don't Know Me" is a friends-become-lovers-story, but rather than focus on the getting-together-part it's more about the staying-together-part. The two main characters are two very different people, and even though they have been friendsfor most of their lives, they both have trouble adjusting to each other and themselves in their new roles.

On a superficial level, there are many other yaoi stories like this, but this really stands out. It's beautifully written and drawn and the kind of book t
Ran ♠
One of my favorites manwhas..i really love this two so much! The story is really heartwarming and interesting and also very cute. I love how Seyun tried so hard to seduce Yoojin appearing like a weak little kitten before Yoojin's eyes but well as what the title says "U don't know me" ah yes Yoojin still has a long way before he discovers the other face of Seeyun but I love that their really so in love with each other.
The art is really beautiful and the sex are really hot and sexy.. this is a mu
Saabrina
Oct 18, 2009 Saabrina rated it it was amazing
Nyie Rombeng
ouchhh...!,dari titelnya aja heboh & menantang.tapi,tunggu dulu,menurutku ndak semudah yang dibayangkan,readers.begitu masuk ke tengah cerita jadi tidak jelas.jangan2 manga ini sengaja membuat kita tidak tahu akan ceritanya ya?:P
(perlu 2 atau 3 kali baca bagiku untuk tahu apa yang dimaksud dalam cerita ini!)but,no body perfect!
scarlettraces
Aug 26, 2011 scarlettraces rated it really liked it
its doujin origins show in the slightly rough plotting (and the increasingly smooth art - which doesn't bother me since i like sketchy art of every description) but not enough to distract from the essentially sunny romance. and the omake explaining a few obscure story points are frickin hilarious.
Anastasia Antonova
Mar 26, 2015 Anastasia Antonova rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Даже вспомнила за что я так люблю этот жанр. И посмеяться от души, и попускать слюни на рисовку)
Yue
Nov 06, 2015 Yue rated it did not like it
Includes rape. I know that this is not unusual in a yaoi manga, but this was awful. The rapist is supposed to be: a) a childhood friend, b) in love with the victim since forever. And he rapes him because he thinks the other one is sleeping with lots of guys.
Gigi
wow. This manga had quite a lot of adult content. Practically after every ten pages or so there was another sex scene which I thought was maybe just a little bit unnecessary.
Zaa
Oct 07, 2011 Zaa rated it really liked it
After Totally Captivated & The Summit, I'd decided love yaoi manhwa. Thanks for Taa sudah merekomendasikan manhwa ini!
5/5 - Have *much, much* love. A definite must-read!
Victoria Adams
May 15, 2013 Victoria Adams rated it liked it
Loved it, some parts were really lmao, esp. Yoojin's dad in the later chapters. Loved that there wasnt too much drama or anything, just kind of normal. -_*
Felicia (Ferishia)
Oct 04, 2009 Felicia (Ferishia) marked it as to-read
U Don't Know Me by Rakun (2009)
Hellen
Dec 09, 2011 Hellen rated it liked it
Shaundra
Shaundra rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2015
GabbieDewolfe
GabbieDewolfe marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
  • Love Mode, Vol. 10
  • Future Lovers, Vol. 2
  • Embracing Love, Vol. 4
  • Brother
  • Castle Mango, Vol. 1
  • 跪いて靴にキスを [Hizamazuite Kutsu ni Kiss wo] [Kneel Down and Kiss my Boots] (星の館 [Hoshi no Yakata], #1)
  • Bónd(z)
  • Open the Door to Your Heart
  • Dog Style 3
  • Totally Captivated, Volume 2 (Totally Captivated #2)