Start by marking “Finding Your Voice, Telling Your Stories: 167 Ways to Tell Your Life Stories” as Want to Read:
Finding Your Voice, Telling Your Stories: 167 Ways to Tell Your Life Stories

Finding Your Voice, Telling Your Stories: 167 Ways to Tell Your Life Stories

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Asserting that each life contains the makings of a memoir, Carol LaChapelle gives writers, journal writers, and family historians the tools to explore their memories and turn them into great stories. Condensing 20 years of teaching experience into 167 stimulating exercises, Carol helps readers access and describe the important people, places, and events in their lives. The ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Marion Street Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Finding Your Voice, Telling Your Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Your Voice, Telling Your Stories

Kate
I really enjoyed reading this book and doing the exercises, which were thoroughly thought provoking. This book truly helped me find a strong writing voice. Also, Carol LaChapelle made me realize that some of the smallest moments that we tend to look over can actually make the best writing. Thank you for writing this book!
LaShaye
I really love this book. The examples were easy to follow and the exercises unearthed so many memories thought long forgotten. This is an excellent resource for memoir writing or just using those tiny excerpts of your life for fiction novels, short stories and the like. Recommended.
Paulatics
The author is a longtime friend and mentor who has encouraged me to write about my life experiences. Very accessible prompts and suggestions. I recommend this book highly.
Sonja Nordstrom
This book was published shortly after I Carol LaChapelle's class (with the same title) at the Newberry Library.
Bria Berger
Bria Berger marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Ganesh
Ganesh marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Emily Turner hamilton
Emily Turner hamilton marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Carol Majors
Carol Majors marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Glenn Hare
Glenn Hare marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2012
Liza Ann  Acosta
Liza Ann Acosta marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2011
andrea
andrea marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2010
Prowoolaol.com
Prowoolaol.com marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2010
Beja
Beja marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2008