Start by marking “Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Authorized Collection (Comic)” as Want to Read:

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"To celebrate its quarter century and the legacy of Douglas Adams, this deluxe edition gathers never-before-collected photographs, original artwork, memorabilia (from the strange to the sublime), and wisdom gleaned from a first read or first encounter as Douglas's friends remember how the galaxy was forever changed a mere twenty-five years ago (not to mention the original ...more
Published June 1st 1997 by DC Comics (first published January 1st 1997)

Be the first to ask a question about Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Anthony

A good adaptation. I often wonder what the motion picture would have been like if it were filmed in the early 80s. It would probably look something like this.

It's funny, I find it hard to picture Ford Prefect as anyone other than Mos Def, now.
Scott
This was a fun book to read
Found this in the libary of the school where I work. I read and loved Douglas Adams books and think everyone could read and enjoy them. This is a graphic novelish version of the story that brings bank fun memories.
David Ramirer
eine nette comicversion des anhalters, die jedenfalls näher an das feeling herankommt als es jedem film bisher gelungen ist.
Amanda
Now I'm going to have to read the book. Gave me some good chuckles. I'm sure the novel is better than the comic.
Cait
Severely abridged, which was frustrating, and featuring a Ford Prefect who looks and sounds nothing like Mos Def*, also frustrating. Also, sadly, the ink in my library's copy is fading badly -- everything is still legible, with effort, but for how much longer?

Still, worth it for the short, sharp nostalgia trip.

* I know, right? I hardly ever switch my mental images of a classic book for a movie not even made until I was an adult, but it seems that Mos Def is my definitive Ford Prefect now.
Yvonne
First of all - I love Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, that's why I couldn't resist this.

Unfortunately it's severely abridged, but that was to be expected. The German version of it is printed in standard paperback format, it feels as if they just scaled comic pages down. That makes it rather difficult to read, the writing is really small at times.

That's why I only gave it 3 Stars, because I think a comic should not only have a good story but be visually appealing and easily readable.
Emmy
While this might be horribly abridged, I still find this to be one of the staples of my Hitchhiker's canon. Really funny with awesome artwork. Super enjoyable :)
Sang
read the original radio version first. then read this. dont make the same mistake like i did
Ruadhri
Ruadhri marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Sean
Sean added it
Dec 10, 2014
Moagi Tekeletso
Moagi Tekeletso marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Collin Bradley
Collin Bradley marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Mihael Špičko
Mihael Špičko marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Douglas Noël Adams was an English author, comic radio dramatist, and musician. He is best known as the author of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. Hitchhiker's began on radio, and developed into a "trilogy" of five books (which sold more than fifteen million copies during his lifetime) as well as a television series, a comic book series, a computer game, and a feature film that was comp ...more
More about Douglas Adams...
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1) The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1-5) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide, #2) Life, the Universe and Everything (Hitchhiker's Guide, #3) So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (Hitchhiker's Guide, #4)