Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly World: Leaving a Lasting Legacy

Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly World: Leaving a Lasting Legacy

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  9 reviews
HOW TO RAISE YOUR CHILDREN WITH GODLY VALUES IN A WORLD FULL OF UNGODLY VALUES. THE AUTHOR SHOWS HOW THEIR FATHER RAISED THEM AND WHAT IT HAS DONE TO MAKE THEIR LIVES SUCCESSFUL IN THE MINISTRY.
Published August 1st 2008 by Master Books

To ask other readers questions about Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly World

Lauren
I received this book from my mom, who enjoys reading material from Ken Ham.

3/2/12:

I've nearly finished the book and I'll write more when I'm done, but I want to get down some thoughts that are fresh in my mind now.

Here's where I'm coming from--my life, right now: I have an almost two-year-old I deal with all day, every day. I think I have a pretty solid foundation of principles to work from in raising my child, most of which are an extension of principles I need to live by myself in order to li...more
Steven Gagne
Returning to the Word of God as our foundation, not only for living, but also for parenting, is the main focus of the book Raising Godly Children In An Ungodly World: Leaving a Lasting Legacy — written by Ken and Steve Ham. The authors continually stress the need to teach our children the Word of God, and that without the Word, people perish (Hosea 4:6). We have a whole generation that is advancing without Biblical knowledge. Deuteronomy 6 commands us to teach our children in order that all may...more
Adriane Devries
In Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly World, Ken Ham, well-loved founder of Answers in Genesis and Australian “missionary to the godless country of America,” divulges the secrets of Christian parental success. Using endearing anecdotes from his childhood and hefty Scriptural backup, he gives very practical tips to those who wish to build a foundation for a lasting family legacy. Ham warns parents to guard from the modern pagan religion of tolerance and secular humanism taught in schools and ex...more
Brian Pate
I agreed with almost everything in this book, and deeply appreciate the ministry of AiG. But I rated this book low for the following reasons:

1. The book probably should have been about 75 pages. It was very repetitive.

2. I wish the book had been more practical. It (repeatedly) emphasized the biblical foundations of theology and a biblical worldview. They kept telling us, "It is important to raise godly children in an ungodly world" (repeatedly) but did not tell us HOW.

3. The book needed more e...more
Angela
Ham was quite repetitive but broad up some great points and had good stats to back up his beliefs. I felt he raised some great points, outlined good initiatives that we can implement in our home and make the steps that are necessary to raise Godly children.
Steven van Doorn
Good, solid, but pretty basic.

Also funny how Ken Ham's focus on Genesis 1-11 comes through very strong. I understand that's his passion, but it seemed like he was hopping up on his soapbox ever other chapter whether or not it fit perfectly.
Janet
"If you are going to leave a legacy like Bunyan or Luther, you are going to have to decide to go against the flow, because the flow of the world today is leading to decay, death, and even hell."
Erin Butler
All Christian parents should read this! A wonderful reminder to stand firm on the Word of God as our everything resource, especially for parenting!
Trever
Must read for all parents that desire to raise their children in a Godly way. This book is well written and easily read as a nightly devotional
Carrie Bober
Carrie Bober is currently reading it
Sep 12, 2014
Katniss Stone
Katniss Stone marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
George
George added it
Aug 31, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Vincent Lesner
Vincent Lesner marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Anne Fine
Anne Fine marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Traci Hickl
Traci Hickl is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2014
Katlyn
Katlyn marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Amber Powell
Amber Powell marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Jamey
Jamey added it
Jul 08, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dr. Ken Ham is the president of Answers in Genesis USA and is a well-known speaker and author on the subject of Young-Earth Creationism. He received a bachelor degree in applied science (emphasis on environmental biology) from the Queensland Institute of Technology, and a Diploma of Education from the University of Queensland. He has also received two honorary doctorates: a Doctor of Divinity from...more
More about Ken Ham...
The New Answers Book: Over 25 Questions on Creation / Evolution and the Bible Already Gone The Lie: Evolution One Blood: The Biblical Answer to Racism The New Answers Book 2