Start by marking “The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: Transforming Your Relationship with Money” as Want to Read:

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Discover the 5 Essentials to Financial Freedom and Prosperity!

Do you wish you had more money saved for retirement? Do you and your partner fight about money? Do you want to make an investment but are unsure in what? Do you make yourself promises about finances that you just can't seem to keep? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have a problem-but it's n
Published November 15th 2005 by Health Communications

To ask other readers questions about The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge

Chavonne
I really enjoyed this book as it interestingly married two loves of mine: financial therapy and Dickens. I think the only thing that led me to not give it a 5 was the lack of money scripts given (I think some readers would struggle with know theirs without a list to work from) as well as its dearth of actual quotes from 'A Christmas Carol'. This book uses the example of Ebenezer Scrooge to really drive home the concept of how one's beliefs (or scripts) about money can dictate their entire existe ...more
Mikell
Loved the creative approach and insights in this book, and even more the practical application. It helped me clarify my perceptions and shift some subconscious blocks.

Klontz has insights for the haves as well as the have nots. Obviously, Scrooge had plenty of money, but his ingrained perceptions ruined the quality of his life until the ghosts arrived and shared their ghoulish guidance. And there were options for Cratchit that could have greatly improved his situation long before Scrooge's trans
Dawn
Read this purely because one of the authors was my Social Studies teacher in high school. It had some good points, was a fast read, and I enjoyed it.
Amy
The title was very mileading for me. I thought this book would actually have clear, concise principals for investing/saving/getting the most out of your money; rather, it was a self-help type book for helping you determine what money "script" you subscribe to and why it's wrong. I wish they had actually included more of Dicken's words and descriptions of Ebenezer Scrooge. It was a disappointment.
Dogdaysinaz
It's a quick read and some good information for identifying "money scripts" which are things that we think about money that may be true but not always. It goes through the process alongside the process that Scrooge went through. While we think of Scrooge as an old miserly man, in the end, he's not because he goes through the process and changes his money scripts. Recommended!
Judith
Really a 3.5. A client gave me this book to read. It is about money scripts we learned growing up in our family and how these scripts can effect our views of money as adults.

As a former psycholgist, I thought it was quite well done.
J.J.
We have all grown up with scripts we've learned/taught ourselves about money. This book will help you identify which ones are correct and which ones aren't helpful. A book I frequently recommend to my clients.
Candace
Principles to transform your relationship with money. A look at money scripts we carry through life, where they come from and how to clear them. Quite interesting.
Mejcikinteria.Pl
Mejcikinteria.Pl marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Emily
Emily added it
Mar 25, 2015
Rob
Rob added it
Mar 01, 2015
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Dido
Dido marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Nathan Benmargi
Nathan Benmargi marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Susan Bogart
Susan Bogart marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Andre Freitas
Andre Freitas marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
harj
harj marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Stephanie Mitchell
Stephanie Mitchell marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Mind over Money: Overcoming the Money Disorders That Threaten Our Financial Health Facilitating Financial Health: Tools for Financial Planners, Coaches, and Therapists Wired for Wealth: Change the Money Mindsets That Keep You Trapped and Unleash Your Wealth Potential Family Reconstruction