Start by marking “The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: Transforming Your Relationship with Money” as Want to Read:

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  48 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Discover the 5 Essentials to Financial Freedom and Prosperity!

Do you wish you had more money saved for retirement? Do you and your partner fight about money? Do you want to make an investment but are unsure in what? Do you make yourself promises about finances that you just can't seem to keep? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have a problem-but it's n
Published November 15th 2005 by Health Communications

To ask other readers questions about The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge

Chavonne
I really enjoyed this book as it interestingly married two loves of mine: financial therapy and Dickens. I think the only thing that led me to not give it a 5 was the lack of money scripts given (I think some readers would struggle with know theirs without a list to work from) as well as its dearth of actual quotes from 'A Christmas Carol'. This book uses the example of Ebenezer Scrooge to really drive home the concept of how one's beliefs (or scripts) about money can dictate their entire existe ...more
Mikell
Apr 20, 2014 Mikell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the creative approach and insights in this book, and even more the practical application. It helped me clarify my perceptions and shift some subconscious blocks.

Klontz has insights for the haves as well as the have nots. Obviously, Scrooge had plenty of money, but his ingrained perceptions ruined the quality of his life until the ghosts arrived and shared their ghoulish guidance. And there were options for Cratchit that could have greatly improved his situation long before Scrooge's trans
Dawn
Jun 08, 2015 Dawn rated it liked it
Read this purely because one of the authors was my Social Studies teacher in high school. It had some good points, was a fast read, and I enjoyed it.
Amy
Feb 03, 2011 Amy rated it did not like it
The title was very mileading for me. I thought this book would actually have clear, concise principals for investing/saving/getting the most out of your money; rather, it was a self-help type book for helping you determine what money "script" you subscribe to and why it's wrong. I wish they had actually included more of Dicken's words and descriptions of Ebenezer Scrooge. It was a disappointment.
Dogdaysinaz
Aug 16, 2012 Dogdaysinaz rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
It's a quick read and some good information for identifying "money scripts" which are things that we think about money that may be true but not always. It goes through the process alongside the process that Scrooge went through. While we think of Scrooge as an old miserly man, in the end, he's not because he goes through the process and changes his money scripts. Recommended!
Judith
May 01, 2013 Judith rated it liked it
Really a 3.5. A client gave me this book to read. It is about money scripts we learned growing up in our family and how these scripts can effect our views of money as adults.

As a former psycholgist, I thought it was quite well done.
J.J.
Nov 09, 2009 J.J. rated it really liked it
We have all grown up with scripts we've learned/taught ourselves about money. This book will help you identify which ones are correct and which ones aren't helpful. A book I frequently recommend to my clients.
Candace
Nov 22, 2009 Candace rated it it was amazing
Principles to transform your relationship with money. A look at money scripts we carry through life, where they come from and how to clear them. Quite interesting.
Duaa Thunder
Mar 31, 2013 Duaa Thunder rated it it was amazing
5 stars
Susan Pearce
Susan Pearce rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
Jonathan Vickery
Jonathan Vickery rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Lisa Mc lain-sharp
Lisa Mc lain-sharp marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Bob Oliver
Bob Oliver rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Raluca Victoria
Raluca Victoria rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Lianne Philhower
Lianne Philhower rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Marian Viktorov
Marian Viktorov marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
K
K added it
Oct 30, 2015
Julius Arceo
Julius Arceo rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2015
Anna Richey
Anna Richey rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2015
Yisel
Yisel is currently reading it
Sep 17, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Colette Petersen
Colette Petersen rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Elise Daniel
Elise Daniel rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Mary Foreman
Mary Foreman rated it really liked it
May 31, 2015
Jean
Jean rated it it was ok
May 20, 2015
Mejcikinteria.Pl
Mejcikinteria.Pl marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015