Exiles Of The Stars (Moon Magic, #2)

Exiles Of The Stars (Moon Magic #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  340 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The Free Trader starship Lydis is making a run to the Planet Thoth, carrying incense for the great temples of Kartum, when a civil war lands her in a battle of ancient powers and nameless evil with a Forerunner treasure at its heart.

The crew seems normal -- until you look closely at two of its members: Krip Vorlund, a man who walks in a body not his own, and his pet, a fou...more
Published April 1st 1984 by Ace (first published 1971)

To ask other readers questions about Exiles Of The Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exiles Of The Stars

Steve Kettmann
I have fond memories of reading THE ZERO STONE and other Andre Norton in my teens and when I stopped off at used bookstore in San Clemente, CA, and found a batch of old Andre Norton paperbacks, it was fun to grab this one and drive right in - I'd have given another star if it felt like the writing had a less dashed off feel, but the story-telling vibrates with that winning Andre Norton combination of brisk adventure (I was often eager to turn the page to find out what would happen next), simple...more
Obi Wan Kenobi
I continui riferimenti al passato di alcuni protagonisti, che lasciano intuire grandiose avventure, mi hanno lasciato con un desiderio insoddisfatto di poterle leggere per intero anziché dovermi accontentare dei flashback. A parte questa che considero una nota a margine, resta per me una lettura consigliatissima per chi apprezza il genere Sci-fi.
Sally Bennett
One of the best sci fi sequels ever. Norton keeps her writing simple and compelling, and Krip Vorlund and Maelin are both well drawn, sympathetic characters with enough flaws to keep them human--even when they aren't.
Cinnamingirl
I'm only at the beginning of this, but its already shaping up pretty interestingly. I like how it's immediately a mystery story, and how Norton uses Maelen as an opportunity to discuss philosophy/religion.
Terry
Norton's books age fairly well; taking in to account current technology when they were written. She was my first Sci-Fi author back in the 50's and a major influence on many future SF authors.
Valerie
Part II of the Krip Vorlund/Maelen books. Body-switching, Forerunners, Free Traders, and experiments (fairly successful) in telling the same story from more than one point of view.
colleen
read 08.08.84
Anil Joshi
Anil Joshi marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Zaichatina
Zaichatina marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Amy Yamashita
Amy Yamashita marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Kidaraine
Kidaraine marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Theresa Murray
Theresa Murray marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
  • Hunter of Worlds (Hanan Rebellion, #2)
  • Spacer and Rat
  • Wolfling
  • The Galaxy Primes
  • The Burrowers Beneath
  • TNT: Telzey Amberdon & Trigger Argee Together
  • Quest for the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #3)
  • The Web Between the Worlds
  • The Crucible of Time
  • There Will Be Time
  • Get Thee to a Punnery: An Anthology of Intentional Assaults Upon the English Language
  • Black Star Rising (A Del Rey Book)
  • Thousandstar (Cluster, #4)
  • Born with the Dead
Alice Mary Norton always had an affinity to the humanities. She started writing in her teens, inspired by a charismatic high school teacher. First contacts with the publishing world led her, as many other contemporary female writers targeting a male-dominated market, to choose a literary pseudonym. In 1934 she legally changed her name to Andre Alice. The androgynous Andre doesn't really say "male"...more
More about Andre Norton...
The Elvenbane (Halfblood Chronicles, #1) Elvenblood (Halfblood Chronicles, #2) Elvenborn (Halfblood Chronicles, #3) Witch World (Witch World Series 1: Estcarp Cycle, #1) The Time Traders (Time Traders/ Ross Murdock, #1)