Start by marking “Exiles Of The Stars (Moon Magic, #2)” as Want to Read:
Exiles Of The Stars (Moon Magic, #2)

Exiles Of The Stars (Moon Magic #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  367 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The Free Trader starship Lydis is making a run to the Planet Thoth, carrying incense for the great temples of Kartum, when a civil war lands her in a battle of ancient powers and nameless evil with a Forerunner treasure at its heart.

The crew seems normal -- until you look closely at two of its members: Krip Vorlund, a man who walks in a body not his own, and his pet, a fou
Published April 1st 1984 by Ace (first published 1971)

To ask other readers questions about Exiles Of The Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exiles Of The Stars

Steve Kettmann
I have fond memories of reading THE ZERO STONE and other Andre Norton in my teens and when I stopped off at used bookstore in San Clemente, CA, and found a batch of old Andre Norton paperbacks, it was fun to grab this one and drive right in - I'd have given another star if it felt like the writing had a less dashed off feel, but the story-telling vibrates with that winning Andre Norton combination of brisk adventure (I was often eager to turn the page to find out what would happen next), simple ...more
Obi Wan Kenobi
I continui riferimenti al passato di alcuni protagonisti, che lasciano intuire grandiose avventure, mi hanno lasciato con un desiderio insoddisfatto di poterle leggere per intero anziché dovermi accontentare dei flashback. A parte questa che considero una nota a margine, resta per me una lettura consigliatissima per chi apprezza il genere Sci-fi.
Sally Bennett
One of the best sci fi sequels ever. Norton keeps her writing simple and compelling, and Krip Vorlund and Maelin are both well drawn, sympathetic characters with enough flaws to keep them human--even when they aren't.
Cinnamingirl
I'm only at the beginning of this, but its already shaping up pretty interestingly. I like how it's immediately a mystery story, and how Norton uses Maelen as an opportunity to discuss philosophy/religion.
Terry
Norton's books age fairly well; taking in to account current technology when they were written. She was my first Sci-Fi author back in the 50's and a major influence on many future SF authors.
Valerie
Part II of the Krip Vorlund/Maelen books. Body-switching, Forerunners, Free Traders, and experiments (fairly successful) in telling the same story from more than one point of view.
colleen
read 08.08.84
Victor Cioban
Victor Cioban marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Dara
Dara marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Ronald Wilcox
Ronald Wilcox marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Becky
Becky added it
Feb 15, 2015
Rosemarie Kind
Rosemarie Kind marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Gene
Gene marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Dillon
Dillon marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Gianclaudio
Gianclaudio marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Ray Raymond
Ray Raymond marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Rachie
Rachie marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
  • Hunter of Worlds (Hanan Rebellion, #2)
  • Mars Evacuees
  • The Galaxy Primes
  • Drinker of Souls (Drinker of Souls, #1)
  • The Burrowers Beneath
  • Hunting the Corrigan's Blood (Cadence Drake, #1)
  • Players Of Null-a
  • The Stars in Shroud
  • Star of Danger (Darkover, #15)
  • TNT: Telzey Amberdon & Trigger Argee Together
  • Sleepers Of Mars
  • Wolfling
  • Volkhavaar
  • Spacer and Rat
Alice Mary Norton always had an affinity to the humanities. She started writing in her teens, inspired by a charismatic high school teacher. First contacts with the publishing world led her, as many other contemporary female writers targeting a male-dominated market, to choose a literary pseudonym. In 1934 she legally changed her name to Andre Alice. The androgynous Andre doesn't really say "male" ...more
More about Andre Norton...

Moon Magic (4 books)
  • Moon of Three Rings (Moon Magic, #1)
  • Flight In Yiktor (Moon Magic, #3)
  • Dare to Go A-Hunting (Moon Magic, #4)
The Elvenbane (Halfblood Chronicles, #1) Elvenblood (Halfblood Chronicles, #2) Elvenborn (Halfblood Chronicles, #3) Witch World (Witch World Series 1: Estcarp Cycle, #1) The Time Traders (Time Traders/ Ross Murdock, #1)