Start by marking “Girls: Extinction (Girls, #4)” as Want to Read:
Girls: Extinction (Girls, #4)

Girls: Extinction (Girls #4)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  267 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The people of Pennystown struggle to find their way out of an alien bubble that separates their town from the rest of the world. But first, the men must overcome temptations of the beautiful clones that are quickly spreading throughout the town and exterminating the women. In this final installment of four volumes, we learn the final fate of Pennystown and their enigmatic ...more
First Edition, 168 pages
Published May 30th 2007 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girls

Mikael Kuoppala
The final volume of “Girls” does what it needs to do and does it reasonably well. After the haunting excellence of “Survival” in which the series peaked we get a solid conclusion to a story with the goofiest of premises but the most intelligent of execution.

“Extiction” isn’t as smart or substantial as “Survival” but that is pretty much a given as the volume needs to wrap everything up on the plot level. We still get plenty of insightful storytelling and characterization, though.

This has been a g
Janine
JB
After being kicked out of the house they were holding up in. The women of Pennystown try to get back to their homes. They find a batch of hatched eggs and some clothes of one of their men. This triggers something in the already unstable Nancy's mind. Now she wants nothing more than making the men pay.
And boy does she make them pay. At least one of them. Nancy chops off Lester's testicles, so he can't create anymore of those alien women.

Kenny, Nancy's husband is tired of being pushed around by he
Andrew
I read all four volumes in a couple days, & I watched this story go from a strong beginning with very creative premises devolve into a rather unconvincing Lord of the Flies mess, only to end up with A philosophical, poetic, difficult yet beautiful climax at the end. Pun intended. This was a good ride, and even though I did not enjoy the middle of the story so much it was definitely worth my time. And I must say, if this was an accurate metaphor for the battle of the sexes I'm very happy that ...more
Izlinda
So, this is the final volume about the female alien clones who have the residents of Pennytown trapped in a sphere. And there's the giant sperm, too, in the middle of the corn fields.

It was fast-paced, which I don't know if it is a good thing or bad. It was interesting, especially when the Luna brothers toyed with the character of the first alien clone, but I feel the ending was rushed. While I think they planned for it to be morally ambiguous as the characters definitely do things they generall
Tanveer B
“Extiction” was the perfect smart and substantial finale to “Survival”. Plenty of insightful storytelling and characterization, tons of drama and excellent philosophy. Must read.
Wa Conner
The Luna Brothers, Jonathan and Joshua, do an excellent job of providing beautifully rendered art, and above average character development and realistic conversations and engagements among the populace of a small town who experience and discover something frightening and troubling about themselves, and by extension ourselves.
Steve
A decent conclusion to a decent series. It took a little too long to get to the point it finally reaches here, where everyone reachs their breaking point and finally go on the offensive, but I still loved the whole thing.
Cem
As in all good science-fiction, what is told is not a distant future or an imaginary present, but the visceral present, solidly disguised in a gripping yet unfamiliar tale...
Michelle
I guess I didn't know how it would end, but this ending was disappointing and ill-formed. The first three books were great, and this one was like...oh...that's it? Lame.
Danielle
Excellent end to an exciting series. Probably my favorite of the series.
Peter Johnson
What a let-down of an ending.
Brian
interesting solution
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Mayee
Mayee marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Carlos Rodriguez
Carlos Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Sword Volume 4: Air (The Sword #4)
  • Echo: Desert Run (Echo, #3)
  • Daredevil, Vol. 5
  • Northlanders, Vol. 2: The Cross and the Hammer
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 22: A New Beginning
  • Queen and Country: The Definitive Edition, Vol. 3
  • Aliens Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Fatale, Vol. 5: Curse the Demon
  • B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth, Vol. 2: Gods and Monsters (B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth, #2)
  • Kabuki, Vol. 1: Circle of Blood
  • Scalped, Vol. 4: The Gravel in Your Guts
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 13: Wilt
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 7: Ex Cathedra (Ex Machina, #7)
Girls: Conception (Girls, #1) The Sword Volume 2: Water The Sword, Volume 3: Earth Girls: Emergence (Girls, #2) Girls: The Complete Collection Deluxe Hardcover