Start by marking “Heat (Firefighters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heat (Firefighters, #1)

Heat (Firefighters #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  427 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Chance thinks he's got a pretty good life. He loves his job as a fireman, he's got an ocean view, and he has a great bunch of friends. He figured there's not much reason to change until he meets Tucker, a paramedic who works his shift. Tucker might even be worth breaking the don't ask, don't tell policy at work, might just be worth coming out for. Trouble threatens to tear ...more
Published 2005 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heat

Hot Head by Damon SuedeCollision Course by K.A. Mitchell911 by Chris OwenKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneWith Caution by J.L. Langley
Best Gay Firemen/Paramedics/EMTs
9th out of 131 books — 283 voters
Chase in Shadow by Amy LaneFinding Zach by Rowan SpeedwellBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie SextonFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsAaron by J.P. Barnaby
Best M/M Hurt/Healing/Comfort Books
183rd out of 401 books — 309 voters

More lists with this book...

I decided to read this series when I heard that Chris Owen and Tory Temple just released Never Too Early, which brings together Jake and Tor from Chris Owen's Bareback series and Chance and Tucker from Tory Temple's Firefighters series.

Heat begins the story of Chance and Tucker, two firemen who, thank FSM, can't seem to keep their hands off one another. I loved the story and the MC's and their sex was HOT. Things are not always smooth sailing, though, and we learn that not only is Chance bossy
Very good book for those, who love firefighters!
Nice and likeable characters, interesting development of their relationship, and although I usually absolutely hate middle-book break-ups here it worked well for the story. I especially liked the fact that Tucker didn't sleep with anyone, while he and Chance were apart, coz rebound sex is another thing I don't like in romance books. Also I loved the fact, that Tucker still went to Chance's ceremony and put the badge on him - it felt very right :)
That was a surprisingly good read! I've read quite a few firefighter stories and while almost all of them had some entertaining value, they were often in the good enough, but not great category. This one though was thoroughly enjoyable with two thick-headed, sometimes dumb, but still likeable main characters. I'll definitely need to have a look at the rest of the series...
Great, fast, smutty read that leads to a series! How can you go wrong with that?

Summary: Chance thinks he's got a pretty good life. He loves his job as a fireman, he's got an ocean view, and he has a great bunch of friends. He figured there's not much reason to change until he meets Tucker, a paramedic who works his shift. Tucker might even be worth breaking the don't ask, don't tell policy at work, might just be worth coming out for.

Trouble threatens to tear the two apart, though, when Chance
Erotica - read as a smut-fest it's fine but there's not much more to it.

Starts off with the feel of getting the info out of the way, then Tucker walks into the station and Chance becomes a walking erection, they fuck, from then on it's mating season.

Tucker shares his childhood trauma without any lead in, the two men have barely spoken at this point, it's all about the smut, might have been better to keep it simple because the background on Tucker isn't given any real relevance.

Everyone at the st
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
So, I picked this book up, after I finished the Bareback Series. I am thinking of reading the collaboration between Chris Owens and Tory Temple and thought I should get to know Tucker and Chance first.

I loved Chance and Tucker. Chance a firefighter/medic had been at the same station for 8 years. He has an immediate attraction to the new medic, Tucker when they meet. He tried to avoid Tucker, but after a while Tucker confronts him. They start sleeping together and eventually enter into a relatio
Roger - president of NBR United - Grace
a good firefighter gets injured take it out on lover angsty book. the reunion at the badging ceremony is great. secondary characters make this even more enjoyable.
The Blogger Girls

I’ve had Heat on my to-read list since forever and have no idea why I didn’t get to it sooner, because this was smoking hot in so many ways. I especially loved the interaction and dialogue between Chance and Tucker, mainly because they didn’t tip toe around each other; they would just as easily say “I want you” as they would “fuck you”…and that was refreshing and reminiscent of how I remember MM novels used to be way back when I first started reading them. Which makes a lot of s
What a beautiful down to Earth story. I totally love it!!!

Chance had been living his life in the most comfortable environment during the last 8 years, he is a gay firefighter still in the closet because nothing good will come if all of his coworkers fine out; this is only until the mos beautiful man appers in front of him as he new memeber of the of the squad with the name of Tucker. And that's when life for Chance an dTucker start to change

At first, Chance does the only thing that can help him
Felicia (Ferishia)
I pick this book to read for my m/m Reading Challenge. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. But then, what's not to like about hot fireman. The story features Chance, an 8-year veteran firefighter who just happens to be gay. He gets a new partner, a rookie named Tucker, with a sexy southern drawl. Chance is attracted immediately Tucker's good looks, and tries to keep his distance, unless they are on a call together. Tucker corners him asking why he's acting so stuck up and that s ...more
I had forgotten that I read this one already. The plot is rather forgettable, really, and not terribly much happens in it aside from both MCs acting like idiots. Also, the plot structure is episodic, jumping from month to month, which really irritates me (and incidentally, it's the same episodic structure used by Chris Owen for 911 -- what is it with firefighters and episodic plots?) So, anyway, the main point for the book is the sex scenes -- which are not bad. Not the best I've ever seen, but ...more
I went back and forth between 3 and 4, but just the fact that it was firemen, and a surfer, brought it up. Chance and Tucker are firefighters at the same company, and fall fairly easily into a relationship. When Chance has an accident, things fall apart. This is where I was tempted to give it a 3, because there was a chunk of the story (not a huge one, but there) where they are separated, and the story dragged here. It ends well, a pretty smooth story.
Fantastic book. Great story and very hot characters. As much as I have a SERIOUS distaste for the cover, I'm glad that it didn't throw me off from reading this book.
(view spoiler)

They are just so good together. Seriously.
This story is an oldie, but always an enjoyment for rereading it. Chance and Tucker were like kids around each other. I liked their story it was warm. Chance really behaved like an ass after his accident, but then they both acted like idiots. We have great HEA at the end, which is really satisfying. The story was well written and the text flown fast.
Shirley Frances
This book was picked for me for a challenge and I truly enjoyed it. Well duh, hot firemen! Anyway, the characters were great, funny and emotional and loving and the story seemed so real, so true, that I found myself laughing with them and crying too. I recommend it to anyone who loves a good romance with a HEA!
Lisa - President of Challengeaholics  Anon and Challenge Enabler
Life is good for Chance and tucker until Chance is hit by a car and suffers a broken leg. He takes it out on Tucker and the relationshi sgoes to pot and Tucker moves out.
A shortish, cute story that has a HEA and I certainly want to read further books in the series.
It may follow a fairly standard plot - fireman gets together with the hot, new guy who joins the station, issues adjusting to a work relationship, accidents, injuries, disagreements - but well worth reading if you like hot firemen and a wonderful happy ending.
Jane (PS)
Cute fun book. Yes, there is a bit of stupidity, but there are also some good chuckles and laughs and a HFN/HEA. I'll be continuing the series :)
A really cute story with sexy characters. However, the techniques used to masculinize the dialogue are overused & cliche. Other than that, enjoyable.
My first fireman book! I liked it, Chance annoyed me with the way he acted so I guess that is a good sign if the character gets on my nerves.
Loved these guys, even though I wanted to smack Chance upside the head more than once! I'd forgive Tucker anything just for his dimples! ;)
Cl Thompson
This book was pretty good. It has really hot sex scenes!! Hopefully we'll get more MC's background info in book 2.
Nancy L
how could you not find firefighters/paramedics hot????
2.5* Chance was a total jerk!
Krissy added it
Oct 01, 2015
Tsarinaerika marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
  • On Fire (On Fire, #1)
  • 911 (911, #1)
  • To Serve and Protect (includes: Firefighters, #4)
  • Fire on the Mountain (Mountain, #1)
  • Bad Case of Loving You
  • Two In Two Out (Hero, #2)
  • Hearts Afire: January
  • Out of My Mind
  • Hidden Force (Tennessee Cops, #1)
  • When Irish Eyes Are Sparkling (O’Shaughnessys #2)
  • Fireman's Carry (Carry Me, #1)
  • Best Vacation That Never Was
  • Sex, Lies, and Celluloid
  • By Degrees (By Degrees, #1)
  • Aidan and Ethan (Seeking Redemption, #1)
  • Running Hot (EMS Heat, #1)
  • The Other Man
  • True North (Lost Boys and Love Letters, #1)
I live in southern California, the land of no seasons. (Is wind a season?) I live with three dogs, two cats, and some tortoises. I'm married to a firefighter, which is great in the sense that some nights I get the TV all to myself, but not so great in the sense that some nights I have to figure out what to do when the washer starts leaking. (Or when there's a bat in the house, which is a thing tha ...more
More about Tory Temple...

Firefighters (8 books)
  • Flashover (Firefighters, #2)
  • Slow Burn (Firefighters, #3)
  • Flesh and Blood (Firefighters, #4)
  • To Serve and Protect (includes: Firefighters, #4)
  • Tinder (Firefighters, #5)
  • Embers (Firefighters, #6)
  • Sparks, A Tinder Story (Firefighters #7)
Tinder (Firefighters, #5) Flashover (Firefighters, #2) Embers (Firefighters, #6) Keeping Karma Tabula Rasa