Start by marking “My Tudor Queen: The Diary of Eva De Puebla, London, 1501-1513” as Want to Read:
My Tudor Queen: The Diary of Eva De Puebla, London, 1501-1513

My Tudor Queen: The Diary of Eva De Puebla, London, 1501-1513 (My Royal Story)

Story of Katherine of Aragon's Journey from Spain to wed Prince Arthur eldest son of the King of England as seen by Eva De Puebla.
Published July 20th 2001 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about My Tudor Queen, please sign up.

Recent Questions

Sweetp-1
I bought this for my 8yo daughter but I think it might be a couple of years until she will enjoy. The women in our family have a somewhat fascination with the Tudor era so I figured I may as well start her early :)
The book is a diary format and was an interesting look at life during the turmoil of the years following Catherine's arrival in England. There was a lot of political information which, while interesting, took away somewhat from the fact this was a diary of a lady-in-waiting. I think I
Sara
Sep 26, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, my-story
I really liked this book! It's about Catherine Of Aragon's earlier years before she got divorced and was stripped of her title. The persons who's diary it is is Catherine's childhood friend Eva who is also Spanish. Eva and Catherine are so loyal to each other even though Catherine is a princess and it shows in the book. By all means go ahead and read it!

Susan
May 19, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alison Prince has done a really good job with this book. The story is well written and captures life in Tudor times well. The images and timelines featured after the diary enhance the educational benefits too. Any young person who is finding history boring should grap a copy of the My Story diaries and may be plesantly suprised.
Lynda
Mar 11, 2014 Lynda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good read and a way of enjoying history from 'behind the scenes' as it were through the life of one of the ladies of the court & her diary.Can't wait for Milly to read it now as she loves these type of books.
Elizabeth Rigby
Jan 09, 2017 Elizabeth Rigby rated it liked it
Slightly disappointed! The problem was it was based over 12 years and in most of it nothing seemed to happen! It was ok though
Hannah Brown
Feb 19, 2015 Hannah Brown rated it liked it
Eva de Puebla travels to England from Spain with her childhood friend and princess: Catherine of Aragon. During the turbulent times of Henry VII and Henry VIII’s reigns, Eva’s diary tells of her and Catherine’s story from 1501 to 1513, following romance and misery, joy and war.

This book was the first I had read of the My Story series. This series follows both girls and boys through different stages of history, such as the Blitz, the Irish famine of the 1840s and Roman invasions of Britain. They’
Rebecca
Oct 24, 2009 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is one in the My Story series. The books in this series are fictional diaries of young girls living during different periods of British, Scottish, and Irish history.

Sixteen-year-old Eva De Puebla comes to England in 1581 as lady in waiting to Catherine of Aragon, the Spanish princess who is to marry Prince Arthur, heir to the throne of England. Eva has been chosen to accompany Catherine because she is her close childhood friend. But as the years go by, although the girls remain friend
Rebecca
Apr 01, 2009 Rebecca rated it really liked it

Ruhama
Nov 28, 2013 Ruhama rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this historical fiction book called Catherine of Aragon, it tells the story of a young sixteen-year-old girl from Spain who was supposed to end up marrying Prince Arthur of England-son of King Henry VII of Henry but instead, the ‘sweating sickness’ gives this royal fairytale a twist when one of them ends up dying. Will Catherine’s life end up well? Read and find out.
This book was actually a bit ruined for me since it’s part of a ‘series’ in a way and since I’ve already read a lot of other bo
Lexi Grimbrooke
Jul 29, 2014 Lexi Grimbrooke rated it did not like it
As an ardent and avid lover of all this Tudor related, I was very excited about finding this book. The reading level was more for teens than a 21-year old woman, but occasionally I enjoy reading young adult books. However, I was unbelievably disappointed by this book. It spans 12 years in less than 200 pages; there is often no more than three "entries" per year! It took me weeks to read it because I was so utterly bored with it. Eva, the girl whose diary it is, is immensely annoying, constantly ...more
Alyssa
Jul 10, 2016 Alyssa rated it it was ok
When I was young I used to love the My Story book series and I would say I still do. Although the characters and format of this book is not very complex or well developed I understand it is written for a younger audience. I enjoyed the history aspects of these books and I am really interested in Tudor and royal history which was found in this book. I liked the easiness of this book and the way the history was eased into it making it readable for kids. The historical notes at the back were a nice ...more
Ellie
Feb 05, 2012 Ellie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I can't remember all that happened in the story because I read it four years ago. Practically a girl is really good friends with Catherine of Arogan and they are on their way to England from Spain because Arthur the older brother of Henry VIII is getting married to Catherine but then things go wrong for Cathrine but things go well too for the girl who tells the story.
Molly
Jan 05, 2009 Molly added it
This entire series is a wonderful way to learn history or teach it to adolescents. I find today's generations seem to recall more when they learn through other people (pop songs, celebrity gossip, etc.), so what better way to teach history than through someone else's perspective? Yes, "authentic" diaries would be "better", but would the language really hold the modern student's attention? Did the diary writer know what WOULD be important in the context of history? Probably not.
A.R. Collins
Feb 04, 2014 A.R. Collins rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I'd have liked to read this when I was a child. It is both detailed and accurate, and tells this part of the Tudor story in plain and simple terms. It is well written, and very good for kids. Unfortunately I feel it lacks entertainment value, which is why I feel that it's just okay. I'd have liked a little embellishment to bring the story to life.
Ellen
Jan 29, 2016 Ellen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, fiction
This is the dairy of Eva, (mama in Anne Boleyn and me) a lady in waiting to Cathrine of Aragon. It documents her travels as a sixteen year - old from Spain to England, and the book finishes with her a 28 year old with a family still serving the queen.
Emma
Oct 10, 2012 Emma rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
I enjoyed this book as I am very interested in the Tudor period.
It was a quick and easy read as I think this book is geared towards children.

I only gave this book 3 stars because although it was enjoyable it wasn't amazing and it didn't teach me anything new about the Tudor period.
Ayesha
Feb 04, 2014 Ayesha rated it really liked it
I really liked the story as it was in catherine of aragons glory days and that it was in the tudor time i loved it pick it up and enjoy it
Claudia
Nov 27, 2013 Claudia marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Graeme Oliver
Graeme Oliver rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2016
Eleni Stavrou
Eleni Stavrou rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2016
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2012
WillowHofAnubis
WillowHofAnubis rated it really liked it
May 01, 2013
Nina
Nina rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Annette
Annette rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2013
Maureen
Maureen rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Abby Squire
Abby Squire rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Molly Underhill
Molly Underhill rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2012
Lily Jones
Lily Jones rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Shellie
Shellie rated it liked it
May 21, 2016
  • Sophie's Secret War: A Second World War Girl's Diary, 1939-1940
  • Roman Invasion: A British Boy, AD 84
  • Battle of Britain: Harry Woods, England, 1939-1941
  • D-Day: Lieutenant Andy Pope, Normandy, 1944

My Royal Story (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Princess of Egypt: An Egyptian Girl's Diary, 1490 BC
  • Cleopatra VII: Daughter of the Nile - 57 B.C. (Royal Diaries #2)
  • Anne Boleyn and Me: The Diary of Elinor Valjean, London, 1525-1536
  • Elizabeth I: Red Rose of the House of Tudor, England, 1544 (Royal Diaries #1)
  • Mary, Queen of Scots: Queen Without a Country
  • Marie Antoinette: Princess of Versailles, Austria - France, 1769 (Royal Diaries #4)
  • Victoria: May Blossom of Britannia, England, 1829
  • Anastasia: The Last Grand Duchess, Russia, 1914 (Royal Diaries #5)
  • Bloody Tower: The Diary of Tilly Middleton, London, 1553-1559