My Tudor Queen: The Diary of Eva De Puebla, London, 1501-1513

My Tudor Queen: The Diary of Eva De Puebla, London, 1501-1513 (My Royal Story)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Story of Katherine of Aragon's Journey from Spain to wed Prince Arthur eldest son of the King of England as seen by Eva De Puebla.
Published July 20th 2001 by Scholastic

The Great Plague by Pamela OldfieldPrincess of Egypt by Vince CrossVictorian Workhouse by Pamela OldfieldSophie's Secret War by Jill AtkinsBlitz by Vince Cross
The My Story (UK) series
6th out of 43 books — 12 voters
Marie Antoinette by Kathryn LaskyCleopatra VII by Kristiana GregoryAnastasia by Carolyn MeyerElizabeth I by Kathryn LaskyVoyage on the Great Titanic by Ellen Emerson White
Our favorite diary books
165th out of 173 books — 80 voters

More lists with this book...

Sweetp-1
I bought this for my 8yo daughter but I think it might be a couple of years until she will enjoy. The women in our family have a somewhat fascination with the Tudor era so I figured I may as well start her early :)
The book is a diary format and was an interesting look at life during the turmoil of the years following Catherine's arrival in England. There was a lot of political information which, while interesting, took away somewhat from the fact this was a diary of a lady-in-waiting. I think I...more
Rebecca
This book is one in the My Story series. The books in this series are fictional diaries of young girls living during different periods of British, Scottish, and Irish history.

Sixteen-year-old Eva De Puebla comes to England in 1581 as lady in waiting to Catherine of Aragon, the Spanish princess who is to marry Prince Arthur, heir to the throne of England. Eva has been chosen to accompany Catherine because she is her close childhood friend. But as the years go by, although the girls remain friend...more
Sara
I really liked this book! It's about Catherine Of Aragon's earlier years before she got divorced and was stripped of her title. The persons who's diary it is is Catherine's childhood friend Eva who is also Spanish. Eva and Catherine are so loyal to each other even though Catherine is a princess and it shows in the book. By all means go ahead and read it!

Susan
Alison Prince has done a really good job with this book. The story is well written and captures life in Tudor times well. The images and timelines featured after the diary enhance the educational benefits too. Any young person who is finding history boring should grap a copy of the My Story diaries and may be plesantly suprised.
Rebecca

Ruhama
In this historical fiction book called Catherine of Aragon, it tells the story of a young sixteen-year-old girl from Spain who was supposed to end up marrying Prince Arthur of England-son of King Henry VII of Henry but instead, the ‘sweating sickness’ gives this royal fairytale a twist when one of them ends up dying. Will Catherine’s life end up well? Read and find out.
This book was actually a bit ruined for me since it’s part of a ‘series’ in a way and since I’ve already read a lot of other bo...more
Ayesha
I really liked the story as it was in catherine of aragons glory days and that it was in the tudor time i loved it pick it up and enjoy it
Joan
For a kid's book- factually interesting.
Molly
Nov 11, 2012 Molly added it
This entire series is a wonderful way to learn history or teach it to adolescents. I find today's generations seem to recall more when they learn through other people (pop songs, celebrity gossip, etc.), so what better way to teach history than through someone else's perspective? Yes, "authentic" diaries would be "better", but would the language really hold the modern student's attention? Did the diary writer know what WOULD be important in the context of history? Probably not.
Ellie
I really enjoyed this book. I can't remember all that happened in the story because I read it four years ago. Practically a girl is really good friends with Catherine of Arogan and they are on their way to England from Spain because Arthur the older brother of Henry VIII is getting married to Catherine but then things go wrong for Cathrine but things go well too for the girl who tells the story.
A.R. Collins
I'd have liked to read this when I was a child. It is both detailed and accurate, and tells this part of the Tudor story in plain and simple terms. It is well written, and very good for kids. Unfortunately I feel it lacks entertainment value, which is why I feel that it's just okay. I'd have liked a little embellishment to bring the story to life.
Emma
I enjoyed this book as I am very interested in the Tudor period.
It was a quick and easy read as I think this book is geared towards children.

I only gave this book 3 stars because although it was enjoyable it wasn't amazing and it didn't teach me anything new about the Tudor period.
Claudia
Nov 27, 2013 Claudia marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Katy
Sep 11, 2011 Katy added it
It was fantastic, I read enjoy every part or it. Full of power and romance. A great read for 10+
Sonia
I actually enjoyed reading this book!! It was good but not great though.
Tamra
Tamra marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Élise Pinder
Élise Pinder marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Desiree Frias
Desiree Frias marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Ena
Ena added it
Jun 27, 2014
Caitlin England
Caitlin England marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
  • Bloody Tower: The Diary of Tilly Middleton, London, 1553-1559
  • The Great Plague: The Diary of Alice Paynton, London, 1665-1666
  • Blitz: The Diary of Edie Benson, London, 1940-1941
  • Pompeii: A Roman Girl's Diary, AD 78
  • The Hunger: The Diary of Phyllis McCormack, Ireland, 1845-1847
  • Exiles from the War: The War Guest Diary of Charlotte Mary Twiss, Guelph, Ontario, 1940 (Dear Canada)
  • Where The River Takes Me :The Hudson's Bay Company Diary Of Jenna Sinclair (Dear Canada)
  • Prisoners in the Promised Land: The Ukrainian Internment Diary of Anya Soloniuk
  • A Rebel's Daughter: The 1837 Rebellion Diary of Arabella Stevenson (Dear Canada)
  • The Death of My Country: The Plains of Abraham Diary of Geneviève Aubuchon (Cher Journal)
  • Days of Toil and Tears: The Child Labour Diary of Flora Rutherford, Almonte, Ontario, 1887 (Dear Canada)
  • A Trail of Broken Dreams: The Gold Rush Diary of Harriet Palmer (Dear Canada)
  • An Ocean Apart: The Gold Mountain Diary of Chin Mei-Ling, Vancouver, British Columbia, 1922 (Dear Canada)
  • Whispers of War: The War of 1812 Diary of Susanna Merritt
  • Banished from Our Home: The Acadian Diary of Angélique Richard
  • With Nothing But Our Courage: The Loyalist Diary of Mary MacDonald (Dear Canada)
  • Turned Away: The World War II Diary of Devorah Bernstein
  • Winter of Peril: The Newfoundland Diary of Sophie Loveridge (Dear Canada)
Anne Boleyn and Me: The Diary of Elinor Valjean, London, 1525-1536 Henry VIII's Wives: The Story of Henry's six queens Tudor Stories For Girls The Summerhouse No Ordinary Love Song