Start by marking “Carbon and Ash” as Want to Read:
Carbon and Ash

Carbon and Ash (Birthstones)

3.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  267 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Former minor league baseball player and little league coach Myles figures he and his buddy Todd have a lot in common. They're both single dads, they both love baseball and camping, and their sons get along great. They also have this thing they do, this touching thing a few times a year that Myles figures is just all about creature comfort. The thing is, as they both think ...more
Published August 2006 by Torquere Press (first published April 15th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Carbon and Ash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carbon and Ash

Hot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonThe Tin Star by J.L. LangleyThe Assignment by Evangeline Anderson
Best Gay Friends Become Lovers
122nd out of 599 books — 1,030 voters
Caught Running by Madeleine UrbanThe Last Day Of Summer by J.F.  SmithOut in the Field by Kate McMurrayCaught Looking by Kathleen   LeePhysical Therapy by Z.A. Maxfield
Best M/M Baseball Romances
10th out of 40 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

Ale Rivero
Jun 03, 2015 Ale Rivero rated it liked it
Estos chicos!!! XD Es muy lindo ver como llegan a aceptar lo que sienten el uno por el otro; Myles y Todd se merecen ser felices, por ellos mismos y por sus pequeños. Y el ver como su relación de amistad va con el tiempo transformándose en otra cosa es fantástico. Lo que me hubiera gustado es ver un poco más de su relación. Recomendable
Jenn
Oct 20, 2014 Jenn rated it really liked it
Do you ever just need a really quick comfort read? Something kind of fluffy but also has some depth? Something simple and real and sexy? Then you should probably pick up this short when you are in that mood.

I’ve read Carbon and Ash over the years now several times. Not a lot happens, but it’s relatable, sweet and the sex as always from this author is smoking hot.

This is a story of two best friends who have slowly been acting on their attraction over the last year. It’s about taking time to wake
Jean
Sep 11, 2010 Jean rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, m-m
A short, sweet, sexy read. I liked the characters and would have enjoyed reading more of their background/history, but it was well put together as a short as well.
orannia
May 01, 2011 orannia rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I have but one word to describe this short - lovely. Just...lovely. (Word of warning - the present tense does take some getting used to.)
Kaje Harper
Jan 30, 2012 Kaje Harper rated it really liked it
A sweet and basically simple story about a man realizing what he wants and finding it in his good friend.
Gigi
Apr 23, 2015 Gigi rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-baseball
Short, sweet, yummy. Best friends to lovers and not much else. Perfect.
~SexyBookWorm~
I loved the story in this book. But I didn't love the style in which it was written. I didn't mind they it was all from one character perspective but I didn't like the choice of words and the fact that it was so introspective. It was extremely deep foor a short story. That's not a bad thing but I think it would have been better If it was an 8ft deep pool instead of a 12ft deep pool...ya know what I'm sayin' ??! ;-)
Ana
May 07, 2014 Ana rated it it was ok
leigh
Jul 01, 2012 leigh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-bn
Heartwarming, feel-good short about two lifelong friends, one gay and one straight. They've each lost a spouse, one to divorce and the other to death, and are raising kids alone.

Every couple of months, by mutual unspoken accord, they allow their usual companionable television night to spark into a brief session of handjobs and kisses--stress relief, they call it. They don't talk about it much, and it doesn't appear to affect their otherwise solid friendship.

Until, suddenly, one of them might wa
Love Bytes Reviews
This book was read and reviewed by Taylor for Love Bytes Reviews.
Mara Ismine
Pleasant, relaxing read. I'm not a fan of present tense narratives and didn't get into the story enough to ignore the tense until the last couple of pages. I couldn't decide if I really liked Myles the pov character and Todd seemed to be more doormat than patiently-waiting lover. The narrative style made everything seem to be happening through a layer or two of cotton wool or a few too many drinks. It was easy to go with the flow and admire the occasional turn of phrase before drifting on; but t ...more
Melora
Feb 04, 2012 Melora rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2012
Pleasant story of a guy realizing he's got everything he ever wanted right in front of him. He just has to open his eyes to figure it out. Given all the references to Myles former experiences I wanted a bit more backstory, but oh well.
Melanie~~
Dec 27, 2011 Melanie~~ rated it really liked it
A gift from my Secret Santa. Wow!

Nice little story. It was tricky at first to see how things would get where you knew they should but they did. I definitely enjoyed the read.
Chris
Jan 30, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
This was a short but sweet m/m romance about slowing sliding into something other than friendship without being fully aware. And it's one of my comfort rereads.
Sabellah
May 30, 2010 Sabellah rated it liked it
Good quick read! I would have preferred a longer story and more background to the characters. Likable characters. Just too short for a higher rating.
Hilcia
Apr 16, 2012 Hilcia rated it really liked it
This must be my 5th or 6th re-read of this short book by Chris Owen. One of my favorite short M/M Romances by her.
Liza Chen
May 29, 2011 Liza Chen rated it really liked it
I like this book! It isn't so dramatic like the others! Sometime normal is all it takes...
Christy Duke
Mar 11, 2013 Christy Duke rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, m-m
A very sweet short story about friendship and finding love in the most obvious place.
Ely
Jun 28, 2012 Ely rated it liked it
Really liked it but WAY too short and abruptly ended...
Candice
Short and sweet comfort read.
Maya
Feb 18, 2011 Maya rated it liked it
Short but rather sweet!
Abbie
Jul 28, 2013 Abbie added it
Lovely little quick read.
qx
RPS
RPS rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Jessica Q
Jessica Q rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Good_danto
Good_danto marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
  • Offside Pass (Blue Line Hockey, #1)
  • Quarterback Sneak
  • Overdrive
  • Match Maker
  • Power Play
  • Rocking the Boat (CalPac Crew, #1)
  • Aquamarine
  • Stroke to His Cox
  • Stroke!
  • A Picture Perfect Holiday
  • Go Fish
  • Life, Over Easy (Fragments, #1)
  • Out of Bounds
I live and write in eastern Canada. I went to a bunch of schools, learned a lot of things, and now make stuff up because not to do so is unthinkable. I'm fond of fountain pens, Levenger's Circa system, and Steampunk fashions.
I'm inspired by the day to day minutia of life, and find beauty in the way words go together. I like texture and richness of experience. I'm not shy. I'm happy, I'm learning,
More about Chris Owen...

Birthstones (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • All Roads Lead Home (A Jarheads Novel)
  • The Amethyst Cat Caper (A Tea House Tale, #1)
  • The Amethyst Eye
  • Amethyst in the Key of D
  • At the Sign of the Ancestors
  • Aquamarine
  • Boiling Point (Cain and Denny, #5)
  • Broomsticks and Stones