Start by marking “Hot Weather” as Want to Read:
Hot Weather

Hot Weather

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  15 reviews
There's more to summer than just hot weather.

Fresh out of college and new to the working world, John faces reality--spending the rest of his life stuck behind a desk instead of having fun in the sun with his friends. His boss is on his back, his car is breaking down, and the oppressive heat is broiling him alive. There's no end in sight to his misery.

Tall, slender, green-e
Published October 23rd 2007 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hot Weather, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Weather

A Strong Hand by Catt FordInvicta by Piper KaySecrets, Skin and Leather by Sean MichaelNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDouble Full by Kindle Alexander
Sexiest Gay Romance Book Covers
111th out of 421 books — 553 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeTigers and Devils by Sean KennedyBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneSomething Like Summer by Jay BellLatakia by J.F.  Smith
M/M Books Written By Men
342nd out of 1,003 books — 632 voters

More lists with this book...

Daisiemae
I was pleasantly surprised when I read Hot Weather. I have never read anything by Matthew Haldeman-Time before, so when I read a new author, it’s always a crap shoot. This time I came out with a winner. (YAY!!)

This is a very short novel. It’s about 53 pages long, and I loved every single page of it. If you are wanting a lot of emotional angst between the characters, this is not your book. If you are looking for an hour or so of a sweet escape from the everyday humdrum of life, this book is for y
Kazza
Hot little read. Fun, well written, good character development, sweet 'n' sexy. Surprise package for me.

description

Full review at
 photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png
Kassa
This is a fun, easy, and sexy story. John was a college football star but instead of following his friends to the NFL, he took a job at an ad agency with the hope of working his way up. When his car breaks down, John’s forced to walk to a nearby diner for lunch and notices the hot waiter. The flirty attention Keith lavishes on John is enough to keep him coming back, knowing eventually Keith will give in. When he does, John realizes that summer definitely has its advantages even as it changes.

Th
Jenre
I decided to buy this short story from Samhain and I'm very glad that I did. It's the summer and John is in his first job since leaving College. His car's in the garage so he walks into a nearby diner for lunch where he meets Keith who is spending the summer working at a waiter to pay his way through College. John and Keith hit it off straight away both in their interactions and their sexual chemistry. Keith, however, doesn't want to end up as a notch in John's bedpost so he makes him wait. The ...more
Elisa Rolle
All right I'm a fangirl. I absolutely love every books written by Matthew Haldeman-Time. His characters are real, hot, romantic, great.

In the Guys in College anthology there are two stories (Incredible+Stupid Question and Two Bodies) that I have read more and more time without feel tired. And Off the Record is a classical old Hollywood comedy.

I like above all when he tells us about those guys not still men, 18-25 years old. Young but adult, they have the world in front of them. And love is soo s
Katriona
This was awesome,I REALLY enjoyed it!
I often get annoyed with cheesy shorts but this one had great dialogue and was HOTT
K
I had other books in my TBR pile, but nothing that would have given me an instant smile and goofy happy feeling. So I’m glad that I decided to purchase yet another ebook.

This was a very enjoyable read. The characters are likeable, their flirting was cute, the story was sweet without being overly contrived.

And seeing as it’s a hot, humid and sweaty day today, it’s entirely appropriate that I ended up reading a book titled Hot Weather :)
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Hot cute story about two young men, one just finished with college and working his first job and the other working a summer job to help pay for college.
They meet in the diner where Keith is working and John decides he needs to spend every lunch hour there.
It's pretty much one long foreplay ( well until the end) but I liked both of the MC's and like their story.
Jojo
Wow. This was so much more than I expected from it. I thought it would just be short and hot. Don't get me wrong, it was short and hot.. but it was also really sweet and endearing and just gorgeous. I really liked and connected with both characters, even in so few pages they felt real. I even loved Joe a little :D And, for the record, I miss summers, too :D
Leslie Lee Sanders
Hot Weather is a wonderful story full of hot tension and an even hotter payoff. My only complaint . . . I really wanted to experience John and Keith cooling off in the sprinklers.
Wren
This wasn't a terribly long story, but still quite dense. The whole book was foreplay, building and building up to the last chapter where the reader is amply rewarded!
Natsroshan
Great story, fast read and really really funny.
I had nice time reading it.

I really liked Matthew Haldeman-Time's writing.
Ravyn
Nice, quick, easy. Definitely a step above your typical short summer-themed m/m romance.
Shirley
Shirley marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Wlane
Wlane marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Cindi
Cindi marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
AM
AM marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Lisa Calhoun
Lisa Calhoun marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
  • Joshua's Muse
  • Easy
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • A Man for Michael
  • Hunger (Chicken Ranch, #1)
  • Alternative Treatment
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
  • Liquid Glass
  • Angel's Evolution
  • True Colors (True Colors, #1)
  • Roughstock: And a Smile- Season One (Roughstock, #3)
  • Heart Doctor (City Hospital, #1)
Off the Record In This Land: The Purple Book, Volume One In This Land Guys in College In This Land: The Purple Book, Volume Two

“You’re an English major, aren't you?”
“Hey!” Immediately retreating, Keith swatted at him with a dishcloth. “Leave my brain alone. It’s resting.”
“Sorry, sorry.” He leaned away, hands up to display his surrender. “I didn't mean it, I take it back.”
“You’d better”