Start by marking “Hot Weather” as Want to Read:
Hot Weather

Hot Weather

There s more to summer than just hot weather.

Fresh out of college and new to the working world, John faces reality spending the rest of his life stuck behind a desk instead of having fun in the sun with his friends. His boss is on his back, his car is breaking down, and the oppressive heat is broiling him alive. There s no end in sight to his misery.

Tall, slender, green-ey
Published October 23rd 2007 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hot Weather, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Weather

Daisiemae
Apr 08, 2009 Daisiemae rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Brenda (natesmomb)
I was pleasantly surprised when I read Hot Weather. I have never read anything by Matthew Haldeman-Time before, so when I read a new author, it’s always a crap shoot. This time I came out with a winner. (YAY!!)

This is a very short novel. It’s about 53 pages long, and I loved every single page of it. If you are wanting a lot of emotional angst between the characters, this is not your book. If you are looking for an hour or so of a sweet escape from the everyday humdrum of life, this book is for y
Kazza
Oct 15, 2014 Kazza rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories, sweet
Hot little read. Fun, well written, good character development, sweet 'n' sexy. Surprise package for me.

description

Full review at
 photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png
Kassa
Feb 23, 2010 Kassa rated it really liked it
This is a fun, easy, and sexy story. John was a college football star but instead of following his friends to the NFL, he took a job at an ad agency with the hope of working his way up. When his car breaks down, John’s forced to walk to a nearby diner for lunch and notices the hot waiter. The flirty attention Keith lavishes on John is enough to keep him coming back, knowing eventually Keith will give in. When he does, John realizes that summer definitely has its advantages even as it changes.

Th
Adrianamae, Marco's fan
Jun 20, 2014 Adrianamae, Marco's fan rated it really liked it
re-read 6/202014 Fun!
Elisa Rolle
All right I'm a fangirl. I absolutely love every books written by Matthew Haldeman-Time. His characters are real, hot, romantic, great.

In the Guys in College anthology there are two stories (Incredible+Stupid Question and Two Bodies) that I have read more and more time without feel tired. And Off the Record is a classical old Hollywood comedy.

I like above all when he tells us about those guys not still men, 18-25 years old. Young but adult, they have the world in front of them. And love is soo s
Jenre
Aug 12, 2009 Jenre rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, romance
I decided to buy this short story from Samhain and I'm very glad that I did. It's the summer and John is in his first job since leaving College. His car's in the garage so he walks into a nearby diner for lunch where he meets Keith who is spending the summer working at a waiter to pay his way through College. John and Keith hit it off straight away both in their interactions and their sexual chemistry. Keith, however, doesn't want to end up as a notch in John's bedpost so he makes him wait. The ...more
K
Jan 31, 2010 K rated it really liked it
I had other books in my TBR pile, but nothing that would have given me an instant smile and goofy happy feeling. So I’m glad that I decided to purchase yet another ebook.

This was a very enjoyable read. The characters are likeable, their flirting was cute, the story was sweet without being overly contrived.

And seeing as it’s a hot, humid and sweaty day today, it’s entirely appropriate that I ended up reading a book titled Hot Weather :)
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Hot cute story about two young men, one just finished with college and working his first job and the other working a summer job to help pay for college.
They meet in the diner where Keith is working and John decides he needs to spend every lunch hour there.
It's pretty much one long foreplay ( well until the end) but I liked both of the MC's and like their story.
Natsroshan
Apr 09, 2009 Natsroshan rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
Great story, fast read and really really funny.
I had nice time reading it.

I really liked Matthew Haldeman-Time's writing.
Leslie Lee Sanders
Oct 11, 2010 Leslie Lee Sanders rated it it was amazing
Hot Weather is a wonderful story full of hot tension and an even hotter payoff. My only complaint . . . I really wanted to experience John and Keith cooling off in the sprinklers.
Katriona
Feb 04, 2015 Katriona rated it really liked it
This was awesome,I REALLY enjoyed it!
I often get annoyed with cheesy shorts but this one had great dialogue and was HOTT
Wren
Jan 16, 2010 Wren rated it it was amazing
This wasn't a terribly long story, but still quite dense. The whole book was foreplay, building and building up to the last chapter where the reader is amply rewarded!
Maxine
Maxine rated it really liked it
May 31, 2012
Johell
Johell rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2010
Devon Rhodes
Devon Rhodes rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2009
Lily
Lily rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2009
Antonette
Antonette rated it did not like it
May 06, 2010
Charme
Charme rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2011
Lee Brazil
Lee Brazil rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2010
Lucy
Lucy rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2010
Brett
Brett rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2010
Louise
Louise rated it did not like it
Oct 01, 2011
Happymen
Happymen rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2013
Muygal
Muygal rated it liked it
May 01, 2012
Mandi
Mandi rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2010
Darkm
Darkm rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2011
Moira
Moira rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2009
Alexi Silversmith
Alexi Silversmith rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2010
Klaudia
Klaudia rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2013
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Joshua's Muse
  • Alternative Treatment
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
  • Hunger (Chicken Ranch, #1)
  • A Man for Michael
  • True Colors (True Colors, #1)
  • Easy
  • Heart Doctor (City Hospital, #1)
  • My Father's Lover
  • Liquid Glass
  • Angel's Evolution
  • Self Preservation

“You’re an English major, aren't you?”
“Hey!” Immediately retreating, Keith swatted at him with a dishcloth. “Leave my brain alone. It’s resting.”
“Sorry, sorry.” He leaned away, hands up to display his surrender. “I didn't mean it, I take it back.”
“You’d better”