Start by marking “The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia” as Want to Read:
The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia

The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia (Kingfisher Encyclopedias )

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  191 ratings  ·  11 reviews
This authoritative reference book brings world history to life, from early humans to the current war on terror. Along the way, it reveals riveting facts on the founding of the great Roman Empire, the revolution that changed France forever, the war between the North and South that unified America, the start of World War I and the Great Depression that followed, the first mo ...more
Published September 9th 2004 by Kingfisher (first published December 31st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia

Call number
R
Kinf
Brief Description
The book is divided into ten sections, chronologically from The Ancient World (40,000-500BC) to The Modern World (1950 to the present). 496pp. Its layout is colorful and appealing, with photographs and maps on every page.
Citation for where the item has been reviewed
Ostergard, Maren (2012). Booklist, 109(5), p49.
Criteria:
Content Scope
There are ten sections arranged chronologically from The Ancient W
Laura Sizemore LME 508

Type of Reference: Encyclopedia

Call Number: 909

Description: A reference guide to world history, featuring a timeline, key date boxes, and biographical features.

Review Citation:
Ostergard, M. (2012). [Review of the book The Kingfisher history encyclopedia revised edition]. Booklist, 109(5), 49.

Criteria:

Scope: The purpose of this selection is to provide students ages 9-14 with a one stop resource for information of our world’s history ranging from the earliest humans to the p
Bethany Richter voight
Kingfisher. (2012). The Kingfisher history encyclopedia: 3rd edition. New York, NY: Kingfisher.

Citation by Bethany Voight
Type of Reference: Encyclopedia
Call Number: REF 909 Kinf

Accuracy: Critics have described the work as “concise and intriguing, written in an engaging style”. Several review sources are all positive. Another critic wrote that this volume will “have a general appeal beyond reporting”.

Authority: Kingfisher is a reputable publisher of children’s encyclopedias.

Currency: The curren
Kristal
This is the favorite history encyclopedia in our homeschool. We refer to it often. It is colorful with great photography and info. We just skip over the evolution mumbo jumbo in the beginning. I leave it there so the kids know that's what some people think, rather than tearing that out of the book like some have been known to do!
Aries Eroles
The Encyclopedia is packed with the must to know things in World History. Detailed by a colourlful graphics, maps, and graphs people would not think history as a head aching course.

The books helped me a lot when I was in High School and made me outstanding in the class. Har har
Claudia
Has some interesting nude illustrations but overall is very informative and interests my kids.
Summisse
The best history encyclopedia for young scholars, and an essential tool for instructors.
Sheri R
I am reading this manual with my son, awesome book, colorful pictures!
Michelle
great book to assign the kids as daily reading!
Mrs Morinozuka
i like this '_____'
PWRL
Apr 10, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Yasmin
Yasmin marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Anwar Haboo
Anwar Haboo marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Sayed Asad
Sayed Asad marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Chamath Wijesooriya
Chamath Wijesooriya marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Dong Hair
Dong Hair marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Ash Friend
Ash Friend marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Đặng Quốc
Đặng Quốc marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
  • The Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History
  • The Middle Ages: From the Fall of Rome to the Rise of the Renaissance (The Story of the World #2)
  • Usborne Time Traveler
  • The Handbook of Nature Study
  • The Story of the Orchestra: Listen While You Learn About the Instruments, the Music and the Composers Who Wrote the Music!
  • A History of US: Making Thirteen Colonies: 1600-1740 A History of US Book Two
  • Invitation to the Classics: A Guide to Books You've Always Wanted to Read (Masterworks Series)
  • Archimedes and the Door of Science
  • The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading
  • The Trojan War
  • The Usborne Book of Living Long Ago (Explainers)
  • The Great Little Madison
  • The Usborne Book of World History (Picture history)
  • Child's History of the World
  • Good Queen Bess: The Story of Elizabeth I of England
  • The Children's Homer: The Adventures of Odysseus and the Tale of Troy
  • God King: A Story in the Days of King Hezekiah
  • The Gods and Goddesses of Olympus

Kingfisher Encyclopedias (6 books)
  • The Kingfisher Children's Encyclopedia
  • The Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia
  • The Kingfisher First Encyclopedia
  • The Kingfisher Geography Encyclopedia
  • The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
Baby Animals At Night The Kingfisher Children's Encyclopedia Baby Animals Pets Animal Babies on the Farm Animal Babies in Rain Forests