Start by marking “Journey of a Pioneer” as Want to Read:
Journey of a Pioneer

Journey of a Pioneer

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  4 reviews
With lively illustrations and an engaging text, this DK Reader follows the adventures of a young girl as her family travels west in covered wagons along the famous Oregon Trail. Full color.
Published August 18th 2008 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published July 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Journey of a Pioneer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey of a Pioneer

Matthew Mealer
Wow... I really felt that I was living this young girls life. She keeps a diary as her family travels West to Oregon Territory. I loved the pictures and how everything seemed to make the story very lifelike and flowing.
Robyn Leatherman
What a wonderful book - easy to read and understand, this would be a comfort for a child is who struggling with a move even today. I appreciate the historical call-out boxes off to the sides where it shows factual information about items or events as this family moved from Missouri to Oregon. The pictures are easy to relate to and beautifully drawn. And being of Native American descent myself, I appreciate the author's choice in the little girl saying she met her first Indian and it wasn't a sca ...more
Kendra
1845: a family emigrates from Missouri to Oregon Territory in a wagon train. Fits right in with a Little House on the Prairie study.
Terri Pray
He stumbled over quite a few words in this one but managed it. The idea of people traveling so far, and it taking so long, bemused him somewhat.
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
D
D added it
May 08, 2013
Jacqueline Kimball
Jacqueline Kimball marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2012
Mark
Mark added it
Oct 14, 2011
Bugs and Us Telling Time with Puppies and Kittens Prairie Dogs Counting Puppies and Kittens Discovering Underwater Secrets With A Nature Photographer (I Like Science!)