Start by marking “Coming Up from the Down Low: The Journey to Acceptance, Healing, and Honest Love” as Want to Read:

Shining a Light on the Down Low.

J. L. King lived on the down low for years before he wrote On the Down Low, the controversial bestseller that revealed the secret subculture of men leading straight lives while secretly sleeping with other men. In Coming Up from the Down Low, King takes readers to the next level, answering the most common questions asked by the people he’s m
Published April 25th 2006 by Harmony (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Coming Up from the Down Low, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Up from the Down Low

Robert Dunbar
Aug 21, 2015 Robert Dunbar rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviews
Dear God. Just when you thought it was safe to dust the bookshelves…

What in the world is this doing on the shelf? And why does this keep happening to me? It must have been lurking here among the other books for years and years, which means it’s been packed and moved more than a few times. I guess some editor sent a copy. Most likely I’d been complaining (not that I ever complain) about how magazines never assign me anything but gay vampire novels. That’ll teach me to keep my mouth shut.

So what’
Adrienna
Apr 13, 2010 Adrienna rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed-book
This back is a recap of what happened after "On the Down Low", his first book about his sexual relations with men. He speaks openly about this experience, publicity, his feelings after Oprah's show, and even being on the cover of Jet magazine--then Tom Joyner Morning Show clowned him after seeing the photo. He again clarifies Black America views on "gays", labeling in the church, and now he also admits to being bi-sexual not "straight man sleeping with men" in which did not sound right to most o ...more
Deni Aria
Nov 15, 2013 Deni Aria rated it really liked it
This book for me is a key word for what is sickly happening to this world, The honesty is always the prime and precious word that is long way we want to have and act on it. This honesty on this so telling book shown how being able to honest with our ownselves or our own identities could and would minimize the sickness in life on this judgemental world.
Sha
Oct 10, 2015 Sha added it
this book was interesting to say to least. it is just sad that he couldn't just come out and admit he was bisexual. that downlow word pisses me off to no end. just say bisexual. it is just plain dumb to say at least.
Kiswana
May 31, 2012 Kiswana rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
The writing style of this book was unappealing. He writes like he talks way too much. It read like a diary. I thought it would've dug deeper in the subject than it did.
Tatiana Alexander
Sep 30, 2007 Tatiana Alexander rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
This one teaches you that people need to forgive for themselves not for the poeple that wronged them.
LaFreddie B
LaFreddie B rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2010
Jill Larbi
Jill Larbi rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2013
Kevin Quixotic
Kevin Quixotic rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2007
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2011
V.Wayne
V.Wayne rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2012
Angela
Angela rated it it was ok
Jan 29, 2011
Camille-Sherry
Camille-Sherry rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2012
Melly
Melly rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2013
Cheemoandia
Cheemoandia rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2008
Jeff hackworth
Jeff hackworth rated it liked it
May 15, 2009
james burtin
james burtin rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2008
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2011
Monique Jackson
Monique Jackson rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Daniel Williams
Daniel Williams rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2009
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
May 05, 2013
Charice
Charice rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2010
Yolanda
Yolanda rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2012
Daniel Ladewig
Daniel Ladewig rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Deangela
Deangela rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2013
Justin Fair
Justin Fair rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2013
Love4me
Love4me rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2010
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2013
Naomi
Naomi rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2012