Start by marking “The Complete Book of Discipleship: On Being and Making Followers of Christ” as Want to Read:
The Complete Book of Discipleship: On Being and Making Followers of Christ

The Complete Book of Discipleship: On Being and Making Followers of Christ

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Well organized and readily accessible,The Complete Book of Discipleship pulls together into one convenient, comprehensive volume relevant topics to discipleship such as:

• spiritual growth
• transformation
• spiritual disciplines
• discipleship in the local church and beyond

• Indexed for easy reference
Published October 23rd 2006 by NavPress

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Book of Discipleship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Book of Discipleship

God by Robert WoegerLife Application Study Bible by AnonymousThe Message Remix by Eugene H. PetersonDesiring God by John PiperRadical by David Platt
Discipleship
6th out of 42 books — 23 voters
Radical by David PlattThe Screwtape Letters by C.S. LewisWhen Helping Hurts by Steve CorbettThe Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich BonhoefferTransforming Discipleship by Greg Ogden
Making Disciples
32nd out of 93 books — 46 voters

More lists with this book...

Kevin
Bill Hull has written a modern-day classic on what it really means to be a Christian. It's a desperate call for churches, pastors, and all who claim the name of Christ to return to a true, biblical understanding of what it means to follow Christ: personal transformation into the likeness of Christ. He reminds the reader that it's not enough to know about Jesus and his commands, Christians must live out those commands and mature in faith.
Elizabeth
loved this book about discipleship and all it entails. very practical and well balanced in its advice yet very humble. i would recommend it for anybody thinking of discipling one or a small group or even large group. Should be read by any self respecting Sunday School class.
Debi
Discipleship - what is it? What does it mean? To be a disciple of Jesus is part of being a Christian but many Christians do not seem to grasp the meaning. This book is an in-depth study of what it means to be a disciple.

Being a disciple is not just being a follower of Jesus, but also a learner. We are to learn from Him and imitate Him. How this is done is through community. The stages of discipleship are examined as well as a look at the role spiritual disciplines play in being a disciple. The l
Rob Ross
I found this book on disciples and discipleship to be well balanced. The author provided much information both historical and practical. His personal insights were very relevant to what is happening in today's churches. As well he provides a list of useful books at the end of each chapter. I believe this book is a worthwhile addition to the library of anyone who is committed to growing as a disciple of Jesus.
Jeff Zapp
Very good resource on discipleship

Mr. Hull does an excellent job in covering the various topics on discipleship, providing good depth, suggestions for further study, and most importantly, focused on following the way our Master taught us to Mae disciples.
Skip Crust
Bill Hull writes a well informed, well written book on discipleship. The title is a bit ostentatious. "The Complete Book of Discipleship" makes a claim that just can't be lived up to in a 340 page book. That said, it's a decent book on discipleship. He links our modern-day views of discipleship to the ancients and how they handled following Christ.

I would suggest that this book is a launching pad for discipleship, but it is not exhaustive as the title suggests.
Greg
I really appriciated the Table of Contents. It nicely lays out the key sections of the book. This is a good read, but also a resource that can be gleaned for chapter specific content. Very worthwhile when planning and implementing a discipleship program or looking for ways to personally improve your dicsipleship.
Seth
Jul 28, 2012 Seth rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Seth by: Brian Baldwin
This book lays a foundation for discipleship rather than a program for discipleship. If you are looking for an easy program to follow, this is not the book. However, if you are looking for a good resource to discover how to build a discipleship program for your context, then this is worth the read.
MissEighties
The reason why I liked this book isn't for showing me how to be a disciple. I liked it for the spiritual side, the day to day examples that makes me a better human being each day. I still keep this book in my collection because I know I can dig good spiritual inspirations when I will need it.
Chris Pennington
Chris Welter
So far so good... if you want to make disciples this will guide you. If you don't want to make disciples you might start by reading the bible. If you agree with that and still don't want to make disciples you should meet a friend of mine named Jesus.
Dave Pettengill

This was one of the most practical books on discipleship I have read. Not only did it provide the historical context o where discipleship started buy how this applies to us today.
Aaron Thomas
I really loved this book. Overall, one of my favorite books I've read and will be a continual reference for me.
Leroy Seat
This was a fine book, and it was so practical that I want to recommend it to my pastor.
Scott K
Some excellent insights on what discipleship entails but it loses impact towards the end.
Staci
LOVED this book!
Marie Arnold
Marie Arnold marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Tony
Tony is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2015
RevEric Michel
RevEric Michel marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Nikita Watson
Nikita Watson is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2015
Minnette Parham
Minnette Parham marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Andrew Schulz
Andrew Schulz is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2015
Emily Williams
Emily Williams marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Transforming Discipleship: Making Disciples a Few at a Time
  • The Great Omission: Reclaiming Jesus's Essential Teachings on Discipleship
  • Growing True Disciples: New Strategies for Producing Genuine Followers of Christ
  • Untamed: Reactivating a Missional Form of Discipleship
  • The Deliberate Church: Building Your Ministry on the Gospel
  • Following Jesus: Biblical Reflections on Discipleship
  • Monk Habits for Everyday People: Benedictine Spirituality for Protestants
  • Gospel-Centered Discipleship
Jesus Christ, Disciplemaker Choose the Life: Exploring a Faith That Embraces Discipleship The Disciple-Making Church The Disciple-Making Pastor Christlike: The Pursuit of Uncomplicated Obedience

“When discipleship takes a place alongside leadership, evangelism, preaching, worship, counseling, support groups, and other programs, it ceases to be what it was meant to be: the heart of what it means to be a Christian.” 1 likes
“The Six-Fold Definition of Being Conformed to Christ's Image
1. Transformed Mind: Believe What Jesus Believed
2. Transformed Character: Live the Way Jesus Lived
3. Transformed Relationships: Love as Jesus Loved
4. Transformed Habits: Train as Jesus Trained
5. Transformed Service: Minister as Jesus Ministered
6. Transformed Influence: Lead the Way Jesus Led”
1 likes