Start by marking “The Complete Book of Discipleship: On Being and Making Followers of Christ” as Want to Read:
The Complete Book of Discipleship: On Being and Making Followers of Christ

The Complete Book of Discipleship: On Being and Making Followers of Christ

Well organized and readily accessible,The Complete Book of Discipleship pulls together into one convenient, comprehensive volume relevant topics to discipleship such as:

• spiritual growth
• transformation
• spiritual disciplines
• discipleship in the local church and beyond

• Indexed for easy reference
Published October 23rd 2006 by NavPress

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Book of Discipleship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Book of Discipleship

Kevin
Apr 10, 2009 Kevin rated it it was amazing
Bill Hull has written a modern-day classic on what it really means to be a Christian. It's a desperate call for churches, pastors, and all who claim the name of Christ to return to a true, biblical understanding of what it means to follow Christ: personal transformation into the likeness of Christ. He reminds the reader that it's not enough to know about Jesus and his commands, Christians must live out those commands and mature in faith.
Seth
Jul 28, 2012 Seth rated it really liked it
Recommended to Seth by: Brian Baldwin
This book lays a foundation for discipleship rather than a program for discipleship. If you are looking for an easy program to follow, this is not the book. However, if you are looking for a good resource to discover how to build a discipleship program for your context, then this is worth the read.
Elizabeth
Aug 30, 2011 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
loved this book about discipleship and all it entails. very practical and well balanced in its advice yet very humble. i would recommend it for anybody thinking of discipling one or a small group or even large group. Should be read by any self respecting Sunday School class.
Skip Crust
Bill Hull writes a well informed, well written book on discipleship. The title is a bit ostentatious. "The Complete Book of Discipleship" makes a claim that just can't be lived up to in a 340 page book. That said, it's a decent book on discipleship. He links our modern-day views of discipleship to the ancients and how they handled following Christ.

I would suggest that this book is a launching pad for discipleship, but it is not exhaustive as the title suggests.
Rob Ross
Feb 19, 2015 Rob Ross rated it it was amazing
Shelves: making-disciples
I found this book on disciples and discipleship to be well balanced. The author provided much information both historical and practical. His personal insights were very relevant to what is happening in today's churches. As well he provides a list of useful books at the end of each chapter. I believe this book is a worthwhile addition to the library of anyone who is committed to growing as a disciple of Jesus.
Greg
May 06, 2008 Greg rated it really liked it
I really appriciated the Table of Contents. It nicely lays out the key sections of the book. This is a good read, but also a resource that can be gleaned for chapter specific content. Very worthwhile when planning and implementing a discipleship program or looking for ways to personally improve your dicsipleship.
Brandon Atwood
Feb 10, 2016 Brandon Atwood rated it really liked it
This book is biblical, practical, and challenging. It reminded me that discipleship should be our priority. Hull writes is a way that anybody can understand but it comes from years of experience and research.
Jeff Zapp
May 25, 2015 Jeff Zapp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good resource on discipleship

Mr. Hull does an excellent job in covering the various topics on discipleship, providing good depth, suggestions for further study, and most importantly, focused on following the way our Master taught us to Mae disciples.
Chris
May 22, 2013 Chris rated it it was ok
MissEighties
Sep 04, 2012 MissEighties rated it really liked it
The reason why I liked this book isn't for showing me how to be a disciple. I liked it for the spiritual side, the day to day examples that makes me a better human being each day. I still keep this book in my collection because I know I can dig good spiritual inspirations when I will need it.
Chris Welter
Jan 23, 2008 Chris Welter rated it really liked it
So far so good... if you want to make disciples this will guide you. If you don't want to make disciples you might start by reading the bible. If you agree with that and still don't want to make disciples you should meet a friend of mine named Jesus.
Aaron Thomas
I really loved this book. Overall, one of my favorite books I've read and will be a continual reference for me.
Dave Pettengill
May 28, 2012 Dave Pettengill rated it it was amazing

This was one of the most practical books on discipleship I have read. Not only did it provide the historical context o where discipleship started buy how this applies to us today.
Julane Phetteplace
Julane Phetteplace rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2014
Lauren.Nd
Lauren.Nd rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2016
David Alexander
David Alexander rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2014
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Sokol
Sokol rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2013
Tashia Edwards
Tashia Edwards rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Brett Hartley
Brett Hartley rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2015
Benjamin Vineyard
Benjamin Vineyard rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2012
Robby
Robby rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Dean Prosser
Dean Prosser rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2014
Shamshadeen Mayers
Shamshadeen Mayers rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Stephane Chartrand
Stephane Chartrand rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2016
Drew Brown
Drew Brown rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Robert Salvador
Robert Salvador rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2013
Eric Lerew
Eric Lerew rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2011
Andy
Andy rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Transforming Discipleship: Making Disciples a Few at a Time
  • Growing True Disciples: New Strategies for Producing Genuine Followers of Christ
  • Organic Disciplemaking: Mentoring Others Into Spiritual Maturity And Leadership
  • The Master Plan of Discipleship
  • The Great Omission: Reclaiming Jesus's Essential Teachings on Discipleship
  • Untamed: Reactivating a Missional Form of Discipleship (Shapevine)
  • Spiritual Mentoring: A Guide for Seeking & Giving Direction
  • Transformational Discipleship: How People Really Grow
  • Teaching to Change Lives: Seven Proven Ways to Make Your Teaching Come Alive
  • The Connecting Church
  • DiscipleShift: Five Steps That Help Your Church to Make Disciples Who Make Disciples
  • The Critical Journey: Stages in the Life of Faith
  • All Saints: Daily Reflections on Saints, Prophets, & Witnesses for Our Time
  • The Art of Pastoring
  • Mere Discipleship: Radical Christianity in a Rebellious World
  • Monk Habits for Everyday People: Benedictine Spirituality for Protestants
  • Spiritual Classics: Selected Readings on the Twelve Spiritual Disciplines
  • Dedication and Leadership

“Discipleship isn’t a program or an event; it’s a way of life. It’s not for a limited time, but for our whole life. Discipleship isn’t for beginners alone; it’s for all believers for every day of their life. Discipleship isn’t just one of the things the church does; it is what the church does.” 3 likes
“Does the gospel we preach produce disciples or does it produce consumers of religious goods and services?” 2 likes