Start by marking “Project Romantic” as Want to Read:
Project Romantic

Project Romantic

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  16 reviews
AdHouse Books follows up their smash anthology hits of Superior and Telstar with a book about love... and love stuff. A modern take on the classic genre! Contributors include: Nick Craine, Debbie Huey, Chip Kidd, Hope Larson, Junko Mizuno, Scott Morse, Joel Priddy, Paul Rivoche, Jim Rugg, Ash Wood and many more!
Published November 21st 2006 by Ad House (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Project Romantic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Project Romantic

angeline
Quite a few stories I really enjoyed.. But there was alot that kind of jumped in the middle and cut off abruptly that was rather confusing.. I understand some of these are taken from larger works but they really made no sense and left me feeling really lost.
Sasha
3.5 Stars

Right in time for Valentine's Day, I have finally read through this book that I picked up from an independent bookseller who came to give a lecture for my publishing program last summer.

Turns out that it's one of 500 - a limited hardcover edition of the work. It was on sale too. Very worth it for such a high quality and pretty book.

Though I'm not a comics reader, this book is really cute. The art is great for the most part, and the stories are creative. My favourite sets are Cupid's Da...more
Kate Savage
This anthology presents various scenarios of love gone right, wrong, and weird.

Anthologies often suffer from inconsistent quality. This one is no different. While a range of styles is pleasing to look at, a definite lack of quality storytelling in some pieces made the book difficult for me to get through. The standout in the book, Maris Wick's Adventure Love Story, made the cover. This small story is particularly engaging because it is simple, cute, and has a choose-your-own-adventure option. It...more
Leah Shangrow
A collection of shorts about anything and everything to do with love. Some are cute, some are sad, some are hilarious. I quite liked it, but overall it just didn't blow me away.
Jason
Aug 09, 2007 Jason rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: lovers and laughers
Everything about this book is fantastic. The majority of the stories in the book are great reads and a lot of them are nice and light so you can read the book little-by-little each night before going to bed (that's how I did it, at least). Very high production values. Full-color, well-designed (I love the intro's layout and even the way the pages are numbered and the creators credited), great size...a little bit of something for everyone between the covers. Even my girlfriend, who doesn't really...more
Grace
Feb 14, 2014 Grace rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
I really liked a couple of the stories contained in this, but, found most to be pretty forgettable.
Lia
Aug 01, 2007 Lia rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
So fun! Even if the vignettes are cut off abruptly, leaving you wanting more, because they were snatched from within larger works.

Puts me in quite the lovey mood. Helps me remember to adore my sweeties and be excited to be with them, and not let my moods make me indifferent or whatever. I think I want to get this for one or both of my sweeties for Valentine's Day!
Kricket
hit & miss in this anthology of love comics. there were so many that just cut off in the middle of the story. and there were also some mind-blowingly-awesome selections. i will be looking for more stuff by joel priddy after reading the "sweetie n me" bits. definitely worth paging through.
Abby Johnson
Project: Romantic is a collection of different graphic novel stories about love and romance. They range from funny to sweet to sad and cover both realistic and fantasy realms. I really enjoyed this book and I think it's a great way to sample some graphic novel styles.
Ljubica
This anthology contains some well done pieces, but is (regrettably) littered with mostly forgettable/incoherent pieces.
Kevin Fanning
Really liked Joel Priddy's "Sweetie & Me." A couple other nice things here and there. A bunch of puerile/half-baked stuff.
Lisamarie
I've been all grumpy about the state of graphic novel compilations (i.e. Mome) lately, but this one was pretty good.
Chris
Has the ever been an anthology that wasn't a 3 or lower?
There are a lot of good stories in this book.
John
Not perfect, but there are some really stunning comics in this anthology. Worth hunting down.
Sue
thought this anthology was adorable!! it even has a choose your own adventure comic!! xo
Certain entries were really good/cute, but overall not very impressed.
Rayb
Rayb added it
May 22, 2014
£L£NA ßL¥TH£
£L£NA ßL¥TH£ marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Adriana
Adriana marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Sheetal K
Sheetal K marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
JE
JE added it
Nov 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Project: Superior Delusional: The Graphic and Sequential Work of Farel Dalrymple SPX 2003 Anthology