Start by marking “Quentin Blake's Ten Frogs Dix Grenouilles: A book about counting in English and French” as Want to Read:

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  43 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
One crow, un corbeau. Two goats, deux chevres. Three dogs, trois chiens. This lavish and fun book from internationally-renowned illustrator Quentin Blake is the perfect tool for teaching children to count in French. Young learners can work all the way up to Cent guepe—One hundred wasps!
Published November 1st 2008 by Anova Books (first published April 2nd 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Quentin Blake's Ten Frogs Dix Grenouilles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quentin Blake's Ten Frogs Dix Grenouilles

Heidi
The high school French student in me wanted to see how familiar I was with the words. And then I thought I could use this in storytime for a Literacy moment, having the kids find the corresponding number and maybe even a picture of the animal while they try to repeat the French for the animal. Worth a try. I don't do numbers nearly enough!

2/10/16 Used for my literacy moment in my F is for... theme. We had SO many kids this week. So I had one come up and tell me the animal, then find the word for
Patricia
This is a whimsically illustrated counting book, and fun enough. The best part, though, is at the end, when it jumps from 10 frogs to 20 sparrows (one of my 2nd grade students today said, "Hey! You can't jump from ten to twenty!") and then, suddenly, to 100 wasps!

This is better for much younger children, ages 3-6.
Heather
Bilingual
Counting
Ugh
Samantha
A bilingual counting book featuring animals as imagined by one of the best illustrators in children's literature.

This book is missing a pronunciation guide which I believe it would've benefited from. Also strange was the inclusion of 20 and 100 after counting from 1-10.

There's a need for good bilingual material, especially in Spanish, but this title doesn't make my recommendation list.
Josiah
Jun 25, 2009 Josiah rated it did not like it
This is an amusing book for teaching young students to count. It also includes the extra feature of numbers and animal names in French, and of course the easy-to-recognize illustrations of Quentin Blake.
Emma
lovely :) it's a tribute to Quentin Blake's wonderful style that even a one-year old can interpret his expressive drawings as the thing they represent.
Mar 24, 2009 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Turned out to be a little simple for my 2 and 5 year old audience, but the illustrations are beautiful.
Julaine
Apr 04, 2013 Julaine rated it it was amazing
I love the illustrations and the simple presentations.
Mahnoor
Mahnoor marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Julie Gietzen
Julie Gietzen rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Sarah added it
Mar 28, 2016
christina Todd
christina Todd marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
TANYA
TANYA marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Joey Hines
Joey Hines rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
RobloxPlayerMaster
RobloxPlayerMaster marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Sarah added it
Nov 28, 2015
Kerry Leonard
Kerry Leonard rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Evelyn
Evelyn added it
Sep 13, 2015
Elle Markov
Elle Markov rated it liked it
May 23, 2015
Tana
Tana marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
deborah
deborah rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Quentin Saxby Blake, CBE, FCSD, RDI, is an English cartoonist, illustrator and children's author, well known for his collaborations with writer Roald Dahl.

Education
Blake was educated at Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School. His English teacher, JH Walsh, influenced his ambition to become involved in literature. His first published drawing was for the satirical magazine Punch, at the age of 16. He
More about Quentin Blake...