Start by marking “Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2)

Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega #2)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  43,227 Ratings  ·  1,524 Reviews
Anna Latham didn’t know how complicated life could be until she became a werewolf. And until she was mated to Charles Cornick, the son — and enforcer — of Bran, the leader of the North American werewolves, she didn’t know how dangerous it could be either...

Anna and Charles have just been enlisted to attend a summit to present Bran’s controversial proposition: that the wolv
Mass Market Paperback, 286 pages
Published August 25th 2009 by Ace

Moon Called by Patricia BriggsCry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMagic Bites by Ilona AndrewsBitten by Kelley ArmstrongShiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Best Shapeshifter/Werewolf books
7th out of 1,124 books — 1,685 voters
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningDark Lover by J.R. WardMoon Called by Patricia BriggsMagic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Best ADULT Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance
87th out of 2,857 books — 6,446 voters

More lists with this book...

Christy
May 28, 2015 Christy rated it really liked it
 photo 7b517781-eeb8-4066-b91a-a61d25db3695_zpsaeap1oay.jpg

Every once in a while, it feels so good to jump out of the romance genre and jump back into some Urban Fantasy/PNR. Patricia Briggs is one of my go to authors when it comes to these types of books. After listening to the first book in this series (Cry Wolf), I decided to do book 2 in audio as well. I’m happy I did. It was fast listening and the narrator did a great job voicing Anna and Charles.

Hunting Ground takes place in Seattle. If you’ve read the Mercy Thompson series, you remember that bo
Mel
Apr 05, 2010 Mel rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, favorites
First I'd like to comment that the description on Goodreads is not a good description of the contents of the book (you'll see what I mean after you've read it) and does not match the description on the book jacket, which is a much better summary:
“Anna Latham didn’t know how complicated life could be until she became a werewolf. And until she was mated to Charles Cornick, the son- and enforcer- of Bran, the leader of the North American werewolves, she didn’t know how dangerous it could be either.
Rachel Reads Ravenously (AKA The Wildcard Reader)
3 Omega stars

“She was his and he hers.”

photo collagehuntingground.png

“Women are the bloodthirsty sex. We get the reputation, but it is only because the women stand behind us, and say, 'Kill it. Squish it.”

One month after they are mated and married, werewolves Anna and Charles must travel to Seattle to oversee a conference where the wolves discuss the issue of becoming open to the public. While they are there, hired vampire assassins begin attacking the Omega's, human and wolf.

This one took me a while to get throug
Alex is The Romance Fox
Hunting Ground continues with Charles and Anna, newly mated and working on their relationship.
 photo download_zpsahn7ckee.jpg
They are sent by the Marok to attend a meeting in Seattle with werewolves around the world. Bran, the Marok and Charles father has decided to publicly announce to the world the existence of wolves. The gathering is to discuss the idea and persuade the packs that this is a good idea.

I love seeing this mystical and magical world that the author has created evolving with the introduction of new and inte
♥Rachel♥
Jan 02, 2016 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I'm loving Charles and Anna a little more with each book.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I am glad I took my time reading this. I think there are so many levels to this novel that I could miss if I breezed through. I like how simple Briggs writes. Not a lot of nonsense, extraneous prose that bogs down the story. Despite her concise narrative, she conveys so much, filling the novel with an emotional power. Her characters have a distinct feel to them from other writers. I like that she puts their flaws out there unashamedly, and it makes you love the characters even more.

I will freel
Sanaa
Sep 13, 2015 Sanaa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-read
[4.5 Stars] Really loved this one. I think my favorite part was seeing Anna and Charles really work as a team and then seeing Anna come into her own a bit. I really like her character growth so far, and seeing her and Charles work on their relationship really made me enjoy this one. I think Patricia Briggs is seriously such a fantastic author, and I cannot wait to see what is in store next in both this series and Mercy Thompson. Also in case your curious, I think I prefer Mercy Thompson as a mai ...more
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

HUNTING GROUND had a lot of interesting morsels in it from both a mythology and a story standpoint; readers get to learn about fae, vampires and dragons (!!!), witness firsthand how Bran’s decision to bring the werewolves out to the public came to be, and observe the continuing evolution of Anna & Charles’ relationship. No author does light/dark quite like Patricia Briggs, and this audiobook really emblazoned that fact by putting these preternaturals’ best and worst
MelissaB
Jan 31, 2014 MelissaB rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: werewolf romance fans who like a little mystery in their books
Hunting Ground is the third entry into the Alpha and Omega series. The first story was "Alpha and Omega" in the On the Prowl anthology and the second was a stand alone book, Cry Wolf. The series follows Anna and Charles after they meet in the first book and find out they are mates, then they must work their way through learning to accept the mating bond and work out their life together.

Anna was abused by her first pack which features heavily in the story as she tries to overcome her emotional sc
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
I'm too bored to write a full review right now so...

1) Loved the story. The relationship keeps developing between Charles and Anna and I think that it's the first time I've been able to actually see so clearly how a relationship progresses in a series.
2) In this book we have fairies, vamps, trolls, wolves. All the nice nasties I love in my books.
3) I wanted more Bran!:(
4) For some reason I didn't like Ric at all.
5) I loved Moira and Arthur.
6) The book was fast paced and well-written. I wasn't bo
Choko
Dec 24, 2015 Choko rated it really liked it
*** 4.25 ***

Read with the MacHalo Freaks buddies!

The best book of the Mercy Thompson series yet. We are back with Charles and Anna, newly matted and trying to learn each other's ways, when a conference of the strongest leaders of the Wolf packs around the world meets in Seattle and our newlyweds go to it as hosts. From the first moment they step onto Seattle soil their lives are in danger. Anyone could be a traitor or an assassin. They can trust no one! Things are tense, people die, lines are
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Wow. I didn’t think this series could get any better, but it just did. Hunting Ground was amazing!! I love the way Briggs writes. There’s this ease to it and it’s always just a natural progression of the storyline. It’s never pulling or straining. All the characters continue to grow in a way that is gradual, but still very evident.

And Anna is the perfect example of that. I remember complaining back in the Alpha &Omega novella that she was too skittish and broken. But she has come so far in s
Glass
May 11, 2015 Glass rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Two words - Charles Cornick.

description

description
AH
Mar 27, 2011 AH rated it it was amazing
Werewolf politics and intrigue are the highlight of this novel. Charles and Anna are sent to Seattle on behalf of Bran to negotiate the “coming out” of the werewolf population. The wolves of North America and Europe are represented in this negotiation. Not all the wolves are happy with this situation, and a lot of Alpha wolves in one place is a recipe for trouble. The talks are to be mediated by a fae Gray Lord, Dana.

There was a huge cast of characters in this book and it was interesting to lear
Zeek
omygosh what a great, oddly romantic book. Love how the author displayed Charles's strength- even in his vulnerability. Love how she empowered Anna. Love how their love empowered them both.

I know I'm all gushy right now, so let me get to my review:

The continuing story of Charles and Anna, newly mated werewolves tentatively learning to trust their feelings and the truemate bonding that holds them together. In Hunting Ground, Alpha of Alpha's Bran sends his son Charles and his new daughter-in-law
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Patricia Briggs has once again ensnared me, I LOVED this book!

Huntung Ground is set just before the werewolves come out to the public and Charles and Anna go to a meeting with all the European werewolves to soothe some fears...not that it works out that way of course. I thought it was a little better then Cry Wolf, mainly because I found the story a bit more interesting there was more to get into as it was slightly more complex.

It also shows Charles and Anna's developing relationship. Part of
Anzu The Great Destroyer
For her sake, he would destroy the world

I have no idea why I can’t simply get into this series. I try and try and try and I keep on getting bored and trying to postpone reading it. I managed to do it by parts, which sucks for me. I like to read my books from start to finish and focus on them. Hunting Ground was a side-read to three other books. This explains why I can’t even write a proper review for it. I can’t remember much. I also skimmed a lot, which is why I won’t even bother with getting
Kathleen
Jan 07, 2014 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tense, fast-paced, and emotionally gripping, Hunting Ground is set in Seattle. First stop, a city landmark: a huge stone troll guarding his turf beneath the Fremont Street underpass. Photos don't do justice to the SIZE of this thing, clutching a real VW Bug in one hand. See troll here: http://openplac.es/trips/the-fremont-...

CHARACTERS: Charles and Anna and a mix of secondary characters (including Moira and Tom, introduced in the prequel Seeing Eyes, a short story in the Strange Brew anthology).
Aly is so frigging bored
4th read: 8-14February 2016
Buddy read with Maru

3rd read: August 2014
Buddy read with Jo

2nd read: 13-15 November
This is one of the best series I've read this year, I am so glad that I did :)

I can't say more then that I really love Charles, Anna, Bran and all the other secondary characters. The confidence that Anna manages to regain slow and steady is another of the things I enjoyed reading.

1ast read: July 2012
Angela
Of the first three stories (Alpha & Omega, Cry Wolf, and Hunting Ground) this is definitely the most romantic. The pacing of the story is tight and moves along quickly, and we really get a chance to delve into the politics of the werewolves - around the world. At the same time we get to know Charles and Anna even better, and watch their relationship grow, which is my favorite part.

Anna still has some issues with the abuse she suffered at the hands of her old pack. I love how Patricia Briggs
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Awesome. Just awesome.

This was just perfection in an audiobook. The reader, Holter Graham, again slammed-dunked it with a spot on narration. The way he does each voice so distinctly and uniquely and manages to give each sentence the right tone... I just love it. I only want to listen to this series in audiobook.

This is the rare breed of UF with a heroine who is not the least bit annoying. She is strong and drama-free and I could read about her all day long. I liked that the focus of the story
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Feb 19, 2015 Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
It is funny how a series can sneak up on you and before you know it, you are completely wrapped up in it and in the lives and outcome of the characters.

I never thought this would be that series for me. I picked it up on a whim wanting something different, something fun, and something involving werewolves, something I really don't read all that often.

Before I knew it I was pretty hooked on the series. There was just something so alluring about Anna and Charles' relationship that I couldn't help
Lisa Kay
Wow! All I can say is this book is cool. I just love “Anna Latham Cornick, mate of Charles Cornick, Omega of the Aspen Creek Pack. Wolf. Sister. Daughter. Lover. Beloved.” Remember, knowing a person’s name is powerful magic. And that is all the hint of this plot you are going to get out of me! This one is delicious. Just enough clues sprinkled throughout for me to guess some of them and still leave enough mystery to unfold. Plus, enough realism in the human relationship between two lonely, inse ...more
Joanita
Apr 03, 2016 Joanita rated it really liked it
Shelves: pb-i-own, 4-stars, gr2016

Hunting ground continues about a month after Cry Wolf. Anna and Charles are still new to being mated, and all it involves.

Also life as the pack’s Omega and Enforcer is never easy, and they have been enlisted by Bran their leader, and Charles’ father, to attend a summit where Bran’s proposition that the werewolves should reveal themselves to the humans will be presented. But not all the Alphas are happy with this plan, and danger is surrounding Anna and Charles. They will have to use everything

Leah

Hunting Ground is the second book in the "Alpha & Omega" series, written by Patricia Briggs and continues with the story of Charles and Anna. In this book, they go to a summit in Seattle in Bran's place (after much arguing on Charles's part), where they must deal with the concerns of the European werewolves concerning Bran's plan to make werewolves known to the world. And, let me tell you, it's quite the violent ride. There is much death and underhanded sneakiness in Hunting Ground,
Dec 20, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buddy read with Ange

1st Read March 2014 - Rating 5 * - Review HERE
2nd Read December 2015 - Rating 5 *

Since it's been nearly 2 years since Ange & I buddy read this series last we decided we're well overdue another read in the run up to the release of Fire Touched next March.

I love this series so much! The characters, the world building just everything about these books makes them a comfort read for me. Along with Ilona Andrews's Kate Daniels series this is probably my most reread series &
Kimberly
Feb 12, 2015 Kimberly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio

Hunting Ground had a little of everything from relationship growth to a crime in which Charles ends up the prime suspect. Witches, Fae, Vampires and plots abound. While Briggs’ gave us several suspects, I will admit to piecing things together before the reveal.
“Charles looked at her thoughtfully.” People talk to you," he said. "That could be us
Alkyoni

Second book in the Alpha & Omega series, or rather third, since the novella that is part of the “On the Prowl” anthology is, if not essential, then enlightening to the better understanding of the characters.

In Hunting Ground, the Marrok has decided that it’s time to bring the wolves out of the closet to the world but the European Alphas object strongly. When a meeting with the European leaders is set in Seattle, Charles and Anna attend it as Bran’s representatives. The mated couple is still
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
This story is another adventure that Anna and Charles are involved in. They travel to Seattle to attend a conference with mostly European werewolves discussing the politics of them "coming out". This is really hard on both Anna and Charles ~ Anna because she has a hard time being around Alpha werewolves and Charles because he is torn between being involved in the conference and protecting Anna.

It was really interesting to find out about all the other werewolves. I loved Tom and Moira together a
Bj
4.5 "Zen and Sword Play" Stars for the story and the narration!

I continue to be mesmerized by the Alpha & Omega and Mercy Thompson Series! Patricia Briggs your imagination rocks! Adding an element of legend and world werewolf and other supernatural politics to her already intriguing and well developed Urban Fantasy world which expands over both these series, Hunting Ground further explains the political climate and hidden motivations of a number of this world's leaders as they continue to g
Fantasy and Vampi...: January BOM - Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega #2) 21 19 Jan 26, 2016 05:51AM
A Million More Pages: 2 - Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega): Oct 5 34 19 Oct 08, 2015 10:38PM
Next Book? 15 236 Jun 17, 2014 01:12PM
Buddy Read Zone: Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega #2) 94 17 Jan 18, 2014 02:40AM
SOS: Serious Over...: July Buddy Read: Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs 19 17 Jul 15, 2012 11:38PM
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Blood Challenge (World of the Lupi, #7)
  • Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, #6)
  • Fathers and Sons (Curran POV, #2)
  • Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2)

Patricia Briggs was born in Butte, Montana to a children’s librarian who passed on to her kids a love of reading and books. Patricia grew up reading fairy tales and books about horses, and later developed an interest in folklore and history. When she decided to write a book of her own, a fantasy book seemed a na
More about Patricia Briggs...

Alpha & Omega (5 books)
  • Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1)
  • Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3)
  • Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4)
  • Untitled (Alpha & Omega, #5)

“Women are the bloodthirsty sex," said Ric sadly. "We get the reputation, but it is only because the women stand behind us, and say, 'Kill it. Squish it.” 532 likes
“My grandfather would have loved to have met you," he told her huskily. "He would have called you 'She Moves Trees Out of His Path.' "

She looked lost, but his da laughed. He'd known the old man, too.

"He called me 'He Who Must Run into Trees,'" Charles explained, and in a spirit of honesty, a need for his mate to know who he was, he continued, "or sometimes 'Running Eagle.' "

" 'Running Eagle'?" Anna puzzled it over, frowning at him. "What's wrong with that?"

"Too stupid to fly," murmured his father with a little smile.”
368 likes