Start by marking “Getting in Touch with Your Inner Bitch” as Want to Read:
Getting in Touch with Your Inner Bitch

Getting in Touch with Your Inner Bitch

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  224 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Expanding on her now-classic Getting in Touch with Your Inner Bitch (over 120,000 copies sold), Elizabeth Hilts adds more edgy wisdom to the book that has helped thousands of women get in touch with that integral, powerful part of themselves that is going unrecognized. After all, your Inner Bitch is the little black dress of attitudes-perfect for every occasion-and your ow ...more
Published September 14th 2006 by Sourcebooks Hysteria (first published May 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Getting in Touch with Your Inner Bitch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting in Touch with Your Inner Bitch

Manny
Getting in Touch With Your Inner Bitch deserves to be better known. The persuasive thesis is that nearly all women suffer from the syndrome she calls Toxic Niceness. People, often but by no means always men, ask them to do things, and... well... why not? It's nicer to agree, isn't it?

Sisters! (I know, I'm not actually female, but when I read this I feel for a moment that I am). Buy Elizabeth Hilts's excellent book, and learn how to escape from this trap! It's easier than you think. Just repeat a
Huma Rashid
This entire book can be boiled down to "be firm." Also the phrase, "I don't think so." It's a good, quick girl-power read for when you need a boost of firmness and self-confidence and all that, but it's light and fluffy and lacks depth, and the cartoons and formatting is kind of annoying.
Cheryl

Anybody that knows me knows that I am way too nice. I saw this book and knew I needed to read it! Anything that I can read to help me become a better person is what I am interested in right now! If you are a person who is too nice and try to be as agreeable and nice as you can all the time, you need to read this book!

“Eventually, I manifested all the Niceness I could, bending over backwards to be agreeable, helpful, thoughtful, adoring, and adorable–in other words, a complete dormat.” (loc. 128)
Mariazita
Este livro fala-nos de de uma maneira bem divertida, como por vezes nos tornamos verdadeiros capachos dos outros, fazendo com que por vezes sejamos demasiados submissas ao que os outros querem que nós sejamos.
Um livro de auto ajuda, onde a escritora nos fala da tendência que nós temos desde crianças a agradarmos aos outros e por vezes anularmos as nossas vontades.
De uma maneira simples a autora faz-nos pensar como devemos modificar esses sentimentos de extrema simpatia, de maneira a não desrespe
Kirsten
Received for my birthday and not necessarily one i would pick up for myself - ha ha ha. My kids were all full of righteous indignation re: the title. My friend said now that I'm "old" I can indulge my crankier side in public, and this book would help me. She was teasing but the book talks about "toxic niceness" and basically how to reinforce your boundaries (but not in a mean way) and embrace your power (not in a mean way either). It's not exactly science or literature - just a light-hearted gif ...more
Fernanda
A 100-page article on how to be more assertive. You learn how useful it is to say "I don't think so" or NO.
Sarah Zabel
I think this would more appropriately be called a pamphlet. I read the entire thing in less than an hour because they printed it in a giant font and each chapter is less than 3 pages long. That has nothing to do with why I didn't like the book, though...

Mostly, she didn't offer me any new information. I think I already do pretty well at asserting myself when I need to. I didn't feel like she gives any solid advice in the areas that I could use help with. Seems like she mostly talks a lot about w
Mel
The book was helpful for those times when I tend to say the wrong thing. However, there's so much more the author could have expounded on. I realize the book evolved from an article in a magazine, but there are so many more examples and possible exercises the reader could benefit from.

Being the type of person whose inner bitch needs a muzzle sometimes, I did benefit from learning how to say things more politely or without so much explanation, as I'm also prone to do at times.
Trinidad Gomez-Talegon
Una lección de vida. Interesante
Diane
This book is hilarious. And helpful. I first read it several years ago, then brought it out the other day to re-read. Very helpful in boundary setting. It provides that ever so important reminder that just because someone asks for something, doesn't mean you have to say Yes. As a practice of self-care, start saying, "I don't think so."
Maree Kimberley
I've had this book since the mid 1990s and I'm glad to see it's still around! This book helped me to say "no" when I needed to (and really wanted to). It's a small book, and doesn't take long to read, but its advice holds true today, more than 15 years after I first bought my copy.
melydia
Amusing and thought-provoking...and easily read in a single sitting. I recommend this to all those who suffer from Toxic Niceness. There's even a chapter to help men get in touch with their Inner Prince. Good stuff.
Vera
It offers some helpful tips to people who want to stop being pushovers. But it's a bit disorganized and out there.
And it uses this one constant sound bite -- gets tiresome
Lizeth Lizardi
Buen libro para armarte de valor y de power girl por unos días ajaja, ya después se te olvida, no es tan bueno como todos cuentan, es mas la fama y publicidad que tiene.
Joanne Canete
We all have inner bitchiness and I guess once in a while we let it out, whether we like it or not. I find this book a bit funny and unbelievably TRUE!
Vanora
Thank you, Elizabeth Hilts! A great book on setting boundaries. It's not what you'd expect by just reading the title. A fast read and very enjoyable.
Lili Marlene
BAD BAD BAD BOOK........DONT DO IT! It was a present,,,read it one night out of boredom...Woo did I loose neurons doing that........
ange r.
I read this over and over - b/c sometimes I have toxic niceness and need to get rid of it!
Melody
The message is clear, but there's not a great deal of depth. It's a quick read.
surfmadpig
meh. my inner bitch refuses to sell out to such views.
Chary
CHA-roo! (True!) Hahahaha! I can relate!
Kiki5860
Mar 20, 2012 Kiki5860 marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
太空洞了,大话空话,可能以前的我需要,现在已经不需要她来告诉我这些道理了
Loana Cooper
Every woman needs to read this book!
Rita
what can I say, an amazing author!!
Nataly
Tan estúpido como su nombre lo indica.
  • J'accuse !
  • Tratado de culinaria para mujeres tristes
  • Days of Reading
  • The Letters of a Portuguese Nun
  • Crónica dos Bons Malandros
  • Essential Oils Handbook: All the Oils You Will Ever Need for Health, Vitality and Well-being
  • De Profundis, Valsa Lenta
  • A Little Piece of Earth: How to Grow Your Own Food in Small Spaces
  • Ivoren Wachters
  • A War of Witches : A Journey into the Underworld of the Contemporary Aztecs
  • De val
The Inner Bitch Guide to Men, Relationships, Dating, Etc. Every Freaking! Day with Rachell Ray: An Unauthorized Parody 365 Tips Para Ser Más Cabrona The Bitch at Work The Bitch in the Bedroom: Your Inner Bitch Guide to Men and Relationships

“I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” —Maya Angelou” 1 likes
“When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.” —Cynthia Heimel” 1 likes