Start by marking “A Fine Work Of Art” as Want to Read:
A Fine Work Of Art

A Fine Work Of Art

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A Fine Work of Art By Shelby Reed

At thirty-six, university art professor Elizabeth Gilstrom finds herself facing a bleak, lonely future when her husband leaves her for his young medical assistant. After giving up her own career as an artist a decade before, Elizabeth has nothing to show for their ten-year marriage.only the faded memory of a paintbrush's weight in her hand
Published January 8th 2008 by Ellora's Cave (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about A Fine Work Of Art, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fine Work Of Art

Karla
4 Stars! I love a good May/December romance and this one hit the mark for me!

Boone was absolutely delicious, confident, charming and very mature in his thinking, so naturally he would be looking for someone to meet those needs. Elizabeth is shattered over her husband's betrayal and is having a tough time overcoming the way he's made her feel...worthless! After 10 years of marriage, a cheating husband, it's hard for her imagine that anyone would want her again. Boone is 12 years her junior, but
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
First half of the story: 3.5 stars, second half of the story: 1 star

Please read the blurb for the synopsis and let me make this short and preferably painless.

I love to read about a younger hero / older heroine. Unfortunately A Fine Work of Art didn't do it for me though. The first half of the story was pretty good but unfortunately my interest petered out during the second half of A Fine Work of Art. I don't think that I have many pet peeves but it seriously pisses me off when a heroine is so in
Rosemary Rey
I read this book while on a mini vacation. It only took me a day to read because I was gripped by the story line. I love how Ms. Reed writes real characters, ordinary people going through everyday normal struggles. The main character, Elizabeth, could be your sister, friend, neighbor going through a divorce in a loveless marriage. She battles with the notion of dating a younger man who is impossibly handsome and creative--her ideal man. I loved how subtly it is explained that Elizabeth is inexpe ...more
Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer
This was a a short story. I have now become a huge fan of Shelby Reed. Between this story and The Fifth Favor......I plan to read everything this woman has ever written. The thing I like most about her books is the sensuality that runs rampant throughout the story. Even when the couple is not actually having sex...it feels like they are. Well done Ms. Reed.

Elizabeth Gilstrom is a college art teacher who is in the midst of a divorce after she catches her husband cheating. Boone McCrea is the amaz
Rustye
My first book by Ms Reed and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The book is about betrayal, starting over and finding love. The reader is right there with main characters - Boone and Elizabeth. There is a lot passion and sexual attraction between the main characters that is a pleasure to read - none of it felt contrived. The bathroom scene during an art show is so hot and well-written. The sex scenes are graphic but not at all gratuitous. Wonderful short novel.
Ruby
3.5 Stars
Berenice Rodrigues
This is a nice book.
I like to ready older women with young men romance books, but sadly I have to say that most books with this theme do not have a deep story to them. Is more about the hot scenes than anything else.
The only exception from this rule is the book "On The Island". That book is just fantastic in so many ways. And I have hard time finding a book that will come even close to that one!
Kyndra Natasha
Awesome!...though, I wish his name wasn't Boone lolol
Lucy
Lucy added it
Feb 16, 2015
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Claudia Page
Claudia Page marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Trace
Trace marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Sep 28, 2014
Marcie
Marcie marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Anne Mercier
Anne Mercier marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Julie Hoffart
Julie Hoffart marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Tigerlee
Tigerlee marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
At the age of ten, Shelby Reed wrote her first romance with Prince Charming — literally! — as the hero, and it's been non-stop story spinning ever since.

Despite the idealistic place from which she embarked, she's partial to writing realistic, flawed, multi-faceted characters, lush emotion, and the ever-possible happy ending.

While currently published in the sub-genre of "Romantica" with Ellora's Ca
More about Shelby Reed...
The Fifth Favor Games People Play Midnight Rose Red Hot Holidays Holiday Inn