Start by marking “The Seat Beside Me” as Want to Read:
The Seat Beside Me

The Seat Beside Me

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  250 ratings  ·  29 reviews
That strange, snoring, legroom-invading person next to you on the airplane -- have you ever imagined owing your life to him? Nancy Moser tells the gripping story of five passengers and their seatmates who get casually acquainted -- then plunge headlong into an icy river in a sudden plane crash. The moments that follow are more intense than any they have ever lived, changin...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Multnomah Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Seat Beside Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seat Beside Me

Shenesse
I find this book very hard to read actually.. I've been trying to get through it and although only on page 190 something I really dont want to pick it up again to finish it... and that is very out of character for me. I dont know what it is either the plot line or the story in general that is putting me off from finishing this novel... it has a good idea and maybe for some people a good read but when you read a book to help put you to sleep at night, I dont think that thats what its supposed to...more
Sandi Munson
Can't believe I hung on for the end of this one. Way TOO preachy and repetitive.
Jeanette
Sep 04, 2008 Jeanette rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Janet
This book is a very well written account of a plane crash and how it affected the lives of the survivors. The title comes from the impact that pre-crash conversations with the people in the next seat had on the survivors. It is a thought provoking book that really makes you think about the impact you can have on others and also the life altering changes something traumatic like a plane crash can have on your life. I would strongly recommend it to everyone.
Melaniegurnett
I love to travel and feel the anticipation of going on a plane to some exotic location. It is kind of neat how a bunch of strangers with completely different lives are for the flight stuck together with the same destination. I enjoyed the messages in this book, Are you a hero? Are you ready to die? And would you be willing to share the love if Jesus with a stranger? Good questions to ask.
The book was well written and I enjoyed it very much.
Andriya
What an amazing book! This is one I know I will read over and over as the years go by! Such an incredible reminder of the idea of purpose! LOVE when an author takes on the challenge and then manages to hide so many incredible life changing tidbits of truth between the lines of fiction! I am able to relate to each character and feel each emotion and thought! Inspired as a writer and reader after experiencing this masterpiece! Bravo!
Debi
Moser has done it again! Another fantastic character-rich novel! I really enjoyed her books Time Lottery and Second Time Around. In The Seat Beside Me, passengers from a plane crash deal with the aftermath of the accident. Why did they live when their seatmate didn't? This was a well-written book dealing with issues of guilt, finding meaning and purpose in tragedy, and consequences of choices made.
Jeny
This was a fantastic read. It left me wondering what type of impact I have left with people, some without even knowing the full extent. It also made me think of those who have left an impact in my life however brief we were in each other's life.

I would recommend this book to anyone, but don't read it while on a plane.
Seneca Massie
This was an AWESOME book. If you like Inspirational books or Christian based books, then this is a perfect book. It gives you a sneak peek into the lives of those who survived a terrible travisty. Each and every character has a story to tell, a different grasp on reality. I really enjoyed it, hope that you do too!
Juanita
This book starts with a normal flight. You get to know the people on the airplane when suddenly it crashes. Some die, Some don't. It all happens early on in the book but what happens to change their lives really has more to do with who they met on the plane than not dying themselves...life altering
Sarah Honkanen
This is by far my favorite book ever.
what I learned from this book is that we are all fragile, and taking a bit of time to get to know some one and share my faith may make a huge difference.
This one has a lot of suspense. Great read. You won't want to put it down, or have it end.
Jane
First of all, the cover needs some help. The woman has an airplane coming out of her head! It is a nice idea to write about how a crash can affect the lives of so many people. But I found it to be superficial and a bit preachy. Teenage girls would appreciate it, though.
Marlena
Apr 01, 2008 Marlena rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who like intense drama and spiritual growth
Recommended to Marlena by: Mararet Barbour- Book Club Leader
This book is emotionally intense. It tells the story of a group of people who survived an airplance crash, and how God used it to help them grow in their relationship with Him. The characters are diverse and many readers will be able to relate to one or more of them.
Jessica
Our book club in Iowa read this book. I had a hard time getting through it. Most others in our club loved it. I don't like tragic stories especially about plane crashes. We were flying alot at that time.
Debbie
A journalist cancels the flight she booked and the flight that could have claimed her life. When the flight crashes on take-off, she then befriends the five survivors and writes their stories.
Amber
This is a Christian fiction book about different people who survived a plane crash and how their lives are changing as a result. It was a good reminder of why and how we should witness to others.
Jenna
I picked this up on a whim, and ended up really enjoying the characters and the plot, and read the whole thing in one sitting. It is an interesting "what if" sort of story.
Rachel
I learned how everyone you meet you effect their lives either positively or negatively. And God cares about these encounters and watches it all.
Teresa
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS PROBALLY ONE OF ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS THAT I HAVE READ SO FAR.
Linda
This is one of those books that I read in a day. Once I started, I couldn't put it down. It was also a tearjerker!!
Cheryl
It really makes you think about the times you have missed to share your testimony. I find this book very moving.
Ratforce
This Christian novel of adventure and survival features vivid characters and thoughtful explorations of faith.
Margaret
I have read this book twice before and am getting ready to read it again for our bookclub.
Danielle
This book is different, it's not bad, but it's just different! You know what I mean?
Elizabeth
I really enjoyed this book. It taught me to never take your life for granted.
Brenda
Slightly mindless, but good reading.
Michele Coleman
Very uplifting and spiritual ending.
Corina
Loved this book. It is a good read, with great morals. I read it often to help remind me what in life is important.
Patty
Worth reading
Nancy Moser is the author of three inspirational humor books and a 24 novels, including The Journey of Josephine Cain, Mozart's Sister, Washington's Lady, A Patchwork Christmas Collection, An Unlikely Suitor and Time Lottery, a Christy Award winner. She is an inspirational speaker, giving seminars around the country, as well as dramatizations in costume as Martha Washington. She has earned a degre...more
More about Nancy Moser...
Mozart's Sister (Ladies of History, #1) Just Jane (Ladies of History, #2) Masquerade An Unlikely Suitor Washington's Lady (Ladies of History, #3)