Start by marking “Now and Forever” as Want to Read:
Now and Forever

Now and Forever

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  2,415 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Although Jessica and Ian Clarke have been married seven years, they insist the thrill and excitement haven't dimmed. At Jessica's urging, Ian has quit his advertising job to become a struggling writer, and she supports him with her successful San Francisco boutique.

Ian's financial dependence on Jessica upsets him more than he admits, and in a moment of bored malaise, Ian's...more
Published May 1st 1985 by Dell (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Now and Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now and Forever

Jennie
It was just ok. Nothing really thrilling but it didn't bore me to tears. I did however keep forgetting that this is one of her older novels from the late 70's and every time she wrote about the main lady Jessica in the book smoking everywhere, including a court house, it made me pause for a minute and think... what! Once I got my mind wrapped around the time period, it was a decent read.
Tonya Coleman
I love Danielle Steel novels and own them all thanks to my mother in law, who buys them and then passes them to me. This is one I read once and never again. If this is the only Steel novel you've read, do not judge the rest of her books by some of her early work. She has so many wonderful characters and amazing stories to tell, this just isn't one of them for me.
January
This book was awesome! One of my favorites of DS! It is about a women who is happily married...or so she thought. Her husband cheats on her while out of town and the women accuses him of rape and he is put in prison. It is a wonderful story of love, hurt and betrayl...I loved it!
Jpalasak
What a disappointment from one of my favorite authors. I wanted to keep kicking the heroine in the butt. How naive can she be??
Sally
Feb 09, 2009 Sally added it
the first 1 i read of her's...itzz da best!!makes u trust nd blv on da very special person in urlife!!
Jeanne Halloran
I love Danielle Steel Novels. They are easy to read and they hold my interest from the first page to the last. In "Now And Forever" Ms. Steel brings out my passion for justice when Ian is setup to be convicted of a rape he did not do. I became raged at the woman who accused him, and at the system that allowed an innocent man to go to jail. I had wished that he would have been absolved of the crime through some circumstance before the tale ended, but then that would be my book and not the one Ms....more
Pratima Das
This book is about a character named Ian Clarke who doesn't really have a job, he is a writer. He is accused of rape and assault, by this lady named Maggie. Ian's wife Jessica finds out about this, she loves him with all her heart, and trusts him and she knows that he is innocent.Ian is sent to jail and has to stay there for many years.

Jessica in her heart knows that he didn't do anything, but circumstances make her believe what is in front of her eyes. She gives him divorce and moves to her cou...more
Julie Barrett
Now and Forever by Danielle Steel
Ian Clark a writer and he's 10 hours from home and he's ready to go home, especially for sex. A woman who meets his fancy is attracted to him and he gives her a ride to work. She's a waitress at a bar.
Maggie invited him up for a drink, to her hotel room where she lives.
Jessie runs the boutique and she's been on a buying trip and after 3 1/2 weeks she's ready for her husband. They have so much.
The perfect life and everything.
Inspector Holton is in her shop and he...more
Wangchuk
I am little disappointed with this book compared to the other books written by the same author. The book talks about this lovely young couple(Ian & Jessica) and the problem that is unjustly faced by them for the crime they did not commit. Jessica goes through this hellish time just to go back to her old life in the end. I don't see justice here because the lady who accused Ian just got away and on the other hand, the nice young man who was seriously interested in Jessica is unfairly left in...more
Leilani Hardee
This was not my favorite Danielle Steel. I made a decision to read all of her books, which is no small feat. Considering she puts them out faster than I can read them. Then, of course other books and life get in the way. (But, hey, I've read 49 of her books now!!)

That all being said, I liked the book more than I thought that I would. I had to get past the time frame. Being that I'm only 24, I wasn't alive for the 70's. So the money aspects of the book left me confused. I liked Ian, despite ever...more
Patrícia
Este foi o primeiro livro que li da autora, confesso que adorei a história, o enredo e a demonstração neste livro da forte capacidade de perdoar e amar alguém. No entanto sei que já li outro dela que pouco ou não me marcaram, ainda não sei o que pensar desta autora.
Sophie
The elevator let her out on the sixth floor, and all she knew was that she wanted to Ian. Suddenly she knew she could crawl through any amount of fear and anger, over a thousand puce satin pimps, just to get to Ian. -62

There was something, though. It surfaced at unexpected moments. A whisper of fear, almost terror. Sickness, perhaps? The loss of a breast? Astrid wondered but did not pry. -117

Jessie turned out the light and wiped two tears from her face. She felt the funny gold lima bean at her t...more
Pam
Not your usual Danielle Steele. I enjoyed the storyline and was happy with the ending except I never knew why the girl accused Ian of rape. That was disappointing and I wanted to see the Detective a little more humbled after being such a jerk.
Alison Edwards
wow. I know this was from the 70's but it amazed me at how horrid the main characters were. This book did not hold up over time.
Bookreader
This book was such a let down! I couldnt believe the story line. A handsome guy is only 10 hours away from meeting his beautiful wife whom he 'loves' from the bottom of his heart. And he cheats on her? God. To top it all, his wife is understanding. Damn! Nothing can justify cheating and her being casual about it is so unacceptable. The rest of the story was too cliched and boring. And all too predictable. I did not enjoy the book and i just wanted to finish it for the heck of it. I dont even thi...more
Ankita
Since i read "Silent Honor", I've been a huge fan of Daniele Steel. But i was a little disappointed this time, perhaps i just had high expectations.

Though it was a little confusing as a story, but as an author, Daniele Steel could not have done better.

It was Ian i loved the most and his unconditional love.I found Jessica far more baffled and immature.
It was more easy to step in the shoes of Ian than in that of Jessica's.

All i could say is it was a good book with an interesting but confusing stor...more
Crys
May 31, 2014 Crys added it
Very good
Jacob Lasher
I adore Danielle Steel's writing style. It just wins me over.
But the story went in a weird direction and I wasn't taking an interest in that. But overall, it was really good.

At first, I really thought it was going to be a cute and sweet love story. It was at first. But then it turns wrong and I was sitting on my bed, shaking my book...NOOOOOOO with every twist and turn.

Now I have so many more books of her in my bedroom sitting on my bed. I'm really taking a liking to this author!
Dani
I really didn't like this book but kept reading as I don't like to give up. Danielle Steel has written far better books than this.
Nick Stewart
Pretty people got problems.
This is a cute story about a woman who has to find herself amd what she wants out of life. She goes through a bad experience where her husband is excused of rape and really makes her question her marriage. After drifting a bit and divorcing her husband, she comes to realize that she really wants to be with her husband, Ian.
Rachael Morris
Crystal
I think this book would of been better if the ending was better! It's like a movie that's really good right up to the end. The end of it just kills it all. What happens after he gets out? Do they have a kid?
Cheyann Kaye
Janice Boychuk
More like 2.5 stars. Took me forever to read this book (months)... but it has to be a really bad book for me not to finish it! A little depressing, not one of her more "uplifting" books!
Wynn
Candrayu Sotyaningtyas
hihii, saya lupa judul mana aja yg dah pnh saya baca, krn yg saya baca yg bhs indonesia. pilih yg ini aja deh ;p. hmm, terlalu romantis, saya lbh suka sidney sheldon :D
Elisa
The beginning and middle were fine. The end dragged ON and ON and ON it was so annoying. Not one of her best. I just wanted the story to get to the point!
Karen
Ok, I used to have this thing for Danielle Steel books a long time ago. But even this one was a bore. It wasn't long after that I gave up on her books.
Courtney
i got confused a little at the end of the book. but pretty much a guy gets wrongly accused of raping a woman that he cheats on his wife with.
Danielle Steel Bo...: Now and Forever 1 1 Nov 20, 2012 03:09AM
  • Captive Embraces (Captive, #2)
  • Beaches II: I'll Be There
  • Bygones
  • Firefox Down! (Mitchell Gant, #2)
  • Escape the Night
  • The Delta Star
  • Missing
  • Suspicion of Betrayal (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #4)
  • Love in Another Town
  • Tangled Vines
  • Looking Back
  • Forbidden Flowers
  • Wish Come True (Carson Springs Novel)
  • Sacred Ground
  • The Passions of Chelsea Kane
  • Summer's Child
  • Nameless (Less Series, #2)
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for...more
More about Danielle Steel...
Safe Harbour Sisters The Gift Kaleidoscope Fine Things