The Wedding

The Wedding

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  4,033 ratings  ·  97 reviews
Best of the Best. A respected couple in Hollywood rallies around the wedding of one of their children--an entertainment lawyer who has fallen in love with a New York writer. As each generation in the Steinberg family struggles with broken vows and new hopes, the real meaning of Allegra's wedding emerges. Abridged.
Audio Cassette, Abridged, 0 pages
Published April 4th 2000 by Random House Audio (first published 2000)

ErinReadsTooMuch
I am not impressed, Ms. Steel. Sorry. This is the first Danielle Steel book I have read, and I guess I had maybe too hight of expectations for such a well-known and prolific author. It was different from some of the other romance books I have read, in that it let you know kind of what each character was feeling or thinking when she wrote about them - even small side characters. She also moved it at a pretty quick pace, but at the same time, you weren't really sure exactly where it was going afte...more
Leah
I don't know why she called this book "The Wedding". There wasn't even an engagement until the middle of the book and the wedding was hardly much of the story. There was a lot of detail at the beginning but I found towards end things speeded up and it seemed like she was just trying to finish the book. I was a good story but at times I found myself skipping paragraphs just to get through some of the repetitiveness.
Booklover
This was a very dramatic soap opera kind off book,3 couples and 3 issues,Alle(lawyer)-Jeff(writer) both high profile career people meet fall for each other,confess their love for each other now comes the time to fix a wedding date but there are many hurdles

Alle's parents both are in hollywood have been in love but now Alle's father is cheating on her mother,how they cope with it and realise what went wrong

Alle's sister Samantha,is sweet girl in her 17 wants to be model,starts her shoots for prof...more
Kelly Junno
Mary
This is a typical Danielle Steel book with the usual happy ending. After a few odd directions, and some twists and turns all the loose ends are tied up just in time for the conclusion.

The story is pleasant if one can get past the writing style. Far to many conjunctions and run on sentences. Conjunctions connecting ideas which may not necessarily be correct or add to the thought. And, sometimes Danielle Steel has this style of repeating the main characters thoughts to many times, in her effort t...more
Yaya
There's always something in every Danielle's novels, whether the characters, the story line, the conflict, or even the aura of the book itself that always mesmerized me.

This time is Jeff's Allegra that made me fall in love with the novel. And can I first say that the title is very suitable for the story. Well, yes..the wedding itself is only mentioned in the middle of the story..but I know DS chose this title. The novel is about Allegra's road to find her perfect man, her perfect love life and f...more
Faith
The Wedding is about Allegra, 29 andentertrainment lawyer in Hollywood. Steel writes a lot about Hollywood.She tries to include Hollywood in every context. Thats to overdo and make the books overly dramatic. Of this book Hollywood was however a natural part. That wasn't even the only good thing Stell archived in The Wedding. This time she managed to write a not so predictable book. The book had some pretty dramatic turns, and Steel really managed to surprice me, whreas in some othewr books I was...more
Heather
Sep 19, 2008 Heather rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather by: Angie
This is my first DS book. I've avoided her like the plague, but decided I would give this book a shot. It actually started out well and kept my interest. I was enjoying it.... imagine that! About half way in though, it suddenly became quite tedious and I felt like the author was throwing in ideas that would tie up loose ends or increase her word / page count. I don't think I'll read another DS book anytime in the near future.
Chi Park
this is the worst piece of crap I've ever read. how is Danielle Steel still a writer?
Lauren Sampson
I read this because I wanted to know what all the fuss was about...Danielle steel has written many New York Times best sellers. I wasn't impressed. At first I thought she was a "simple writer" but after finishing the book I decided she is a bad writer. I don't claim to be a grammar fanatic, but I found myself frustrated at her writing style.
This one was written 14years ago, so I can't write her off completely yet. I'm hoping her newer books are better, but I'm still deciding if I want to give h...more
Jane Stewart
3 ½ stars. It’s a nice way to spend time. Not exciting or delighting, but ok.

STORY BRIEF:
Allegra is a 29 year old entertainment lawyer. She has been in a relationship with Brandon for two years, waiting for him to finalize his divorce. She meets Jeff, a writer of novels. They fall in love.

There are several sub-stories about Allegra and people in her life. Her father had an affair which hurt her mother. Her younger sister has a major problem, coming to Allegra for help. Allegra’s celebrity client...more
Charity Yoder
ohhhh... i normally appreciate Danielle Steele's books with her stories of people who are ordinary who are forced to go through extraordinary circumstances. i also normally appreciate her stories because they are light reads that let my brain relax. but this story was also discomforting.
i mean... how the HECK did the main character not know the guy was cheating on her???? she was already upset by the course of the relationship. but she thought she was happy, so she stayed. what a way she fell....more
Manuel Paulo
Allegra Steinberg or Allegra Charlotte Stanton is a real genius in her chosen field. Being an entertainment lawyer is a one hard task. The story talks about family in general. Typical of an american family in hollywood, Allegras family managed to survive almost all the trials life had offered them. Her mom's career in the show that suddenly broke down after 9 years of airing with pride and glory. Her siter's unwanted pregnancy and much unwanted marriage made the story more real and appealing. He...more
Mais Dib
This is the most amazing book i have ever read, i could never imagine how the things will be when i was reading the book... Danielle has an amazing, effective and non-expectable method in describing and tranlsating the feeling,I felt that i am the woman in the story......
I love and have read most of her books
She is the LEGEND OF WORDS

Julie Barrett
The Wedding by Danielle Steel
Alegra Steinberg, entertainment lawyer isn't ready for marriage and then her 2 year boyfriend, Brandon, a lawyer also, couldn't get his ex to sign papers to release him.
Her parents and brother and sister are also high achieving in their careers: model, TV host, movie producer and a surgeon.
a NY writer turns her life upside down and she's upfront about her relationship. They share so many dreams and talk on the same level.
Best and worst are brought out in everybody......more
Mariellen Carroll
I quit reading Danielle Steel after the horrible book about the Klone( The Klone and I ? ) I wanted a quick fun read for camping and this was good for that.
چيس ‏
فوق 400 صفحة و ما طلعت بأي فائدة
و المتعة نفسها جداً جداً قليلة ..
باختصار م حسيت بشي فيه
Robin
Another good book by Danielle Steel and of course a happy ending.!
Kristy
While Danielle Steel's novels always seem to tell a similar story, I can appreciate her creativity to create a world for all of her characters to live in. There are always the smallest surprises and in this particular story it wasn't any different. Allegra Steinberg came from a well to do family, but its humbling to the point that she has a past like everyone else and doesn't exclude herself from that factor. In this novel it teaches you that true love really does exist even if it doesn't appear...more
Sara
I could not finish this book. This is the first Danielle steel novel that I ever attempted to read. After hearing so much about her books and having them recommended to me I decided to read one of them. The Book was just so boring. I couldn't pull myself through the novel. I know that steel must be a wonderful writer, why else would she have all these fans? Can someone recommend me a fast paced Danielle steel novel and maybe I could get into her writing like everyone else I know.
Linsey
I feel there were a few things that could have made it better. The beginning was tough for me it took me a while to get into it. I also did not like the name allegra at all! Spoiler coming up... And it could have ended a bit differently like with her finding out she and jeff were going to be parents! With that being said i did enjoy the book and didnt want to put it down after i got past the first two chapters!
♥ Michaela
This was my first Danielle Steel book and I think one of my friends told me she loved her and I should try her books so I did. I really liked this story, and the other ones I've read...I think Journey was my favorite Danielle Steel. They are entertaining and light, for the most part...in short, fun to read. Again not something I would have gravitated to but I ended up enjoying her writing.
Evelyn
My first Danielle Steel Book. An easy read but couldn't relate to the Hollywood aspect of the book and some might complain that it's too make believe. Maybe I'm too much of anti-romantic.

I enjoyed the thought of Allegra's family so loving and supportive even when they disagreed with some of her decisions.
Evelyn

Deepika
I would have gone for a 2.5 if I could. It's a total no-brainer. Things are very repetitive. Story is not great . The book does not overwhelm you at any point in time. When I was halfway through I had to really rush through it and knowing what was coming next it was pretty easy.
Alisha
I tried reading this book when I was about 10yo - needless to say I was unsuccessful. I got about half of the way through and gave up.
However from what I gathered it seemed a decent read - I think I may pick it up in the future and finish reading it.

Hanan
I read "Five days in Paris", honestly it was so much better.
At some points I wanted to just stop reading it because there was no signs of any wedding till almost the middle I think.
I'd recommend this to someone who have so much free time and bored.
Maxine Weiss
This was actually one of the first Danielle Steel novels I'd ever read, and yes, in paperback. At the time, I liked it and went to the library, and found a lot more of her books in large-print, started in with my Danielle Steel phase !
Courtney
The name of the book is a bit misleading, but it's not a terrible story, and it's not terribly written. I enjoyed it. It was an "i-can't-wait-to-get-home-from-work-so-i-can-keep-reading-this-book" kind of book, but it was enjoyable.
Danielle Steel Bo...: The Wedding 1 4 Nov 20, 2012 08:48PM
  • The Fourth Child
  • Pregnancy of Passion
  • Passion Becomes You
  • Do You Take This Rebel? (The Calamity Janes, #1)
  • From Here to Maternity
  • Some Enchanted Season (Bethlehem, #2)
  • Protecting the Pregnant Witness (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team, #3)
  • Duarte's Child (Latin Lovers) (Harlequin Presents, #2199)
  • Crescendo
  • Blue Moon
  • One Fine Day (Molly, #2)
  • The S Before Ex
  • The Society Wife
  • The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6)
  • Late Bloomer
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • Seeing Julia
  • His Marriage to Remember
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for...more
More about Danielle Steel...
Safe Harbour Sisters The Gift Kaleidoscope Fine Things

“You'd be surprised how fast things happen when the right man comes along.” 71 likes
“Long-distance relationships are another way of avoiding intimacy.” 31 likes