Start by marking “RustBlaster ” as Want to Read:
RustBlaster

RustBlaster

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  254 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
At Millennium Academy, elite vampires are trained to maintain balance in a world where humans and vampires, who possess far greater physical strength than their human neighbors, coexist. When Aldred, the most distinctly un-vampire-like vampire to be found in the entire institution, meets Kei, a human transfer student to the school, their destinies become surprisingly inter ...more
Published (first published May 27th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about RustBlaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about RustBlaster

Goth by OtsuichiThe Voices of a Distant Star by Makoto ShinkaiWanted by Matsuri HinoThe One I Love by CLAMPYume Kira Dream Shoppe by Aqua Mizuto
Manga Oneshots
55th out of 267 books — 153 voters
Fun Home by Alison BechdelAnya's Ghost by Vera BrosgolHyperbole and a Half by Allie BroshNimona by Noelle StevensonHark! A Vagrant by Kate Beaton
Comics & Graphic Novels by Women
476th out of 628 books — 639 voters

More lists with this book...

Selena
I'm surprised by how much I liked this.

I mean, holy cow.

All of the feels man. All of the feels.

The characters were great. The world was interesting.

I just wish there was more here! It's so short, it feels rushed. I love the characters, but we don't learn much about them besides the obvious personality traits (no backstory here). I loved the world this takes place in, but anything we learn is pretty superficial.

There's just so much more that Toboso-sensei could have done.

Also, is it just me, or w
Honya
I’ve been waiting for years, just hoping that Rust Blaster would finally get an English translation–and it’s finally here! As you may recognize, this is the debut manga by Yana Toboso, the creator of the delicious Black Butler. While not as mature as Black Butler (has become), being Toboso’s first manga, Rust Blaster does show a lot of the same trademark qualities that make Toboso’s work extremely popular. The art is gorgeous–lots of bishounen and just generally a very attractive style. You real ...more
Jocelyne
Sep 13, 2015 Jocelyne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
September 2015: 4.5 Stars
I think it goes without saying that most people buy/read RustBluster because it's by Yana Toboso-sensei. But what not everyone (myself included) know is that it is her first published story. A mere 6 chapters long, RustBlaster is a very interesting short vampire story, definitely a new take.
Although some of the ideas are common (ex. vampire drinking human blood to be stronger, academy involving an elite group of vampires, yada yada ya), he story feels fresh because of it
Moji-Sola
Dec 04, 2012 Moji-Sola rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga

It was a great mang I enjoyed it, but I didn't really understood what happened in the last chapter I mean did he go off to battle and died or he went over to the other side and stayed what the heck happened to him? Other Than that I thought if the artist wanted the story could've been stretched it was that good the plot the drawing everything was just appealing.
Jucchan
Aug 12, 2011 Jucchan rated it it was amazing
First off, the main characters are just adorable xD .. And the style of drawing is just top-notch! :D Furthermore the story itself is really good, however I think, if the author had had the energy, and maybe some help to go on, that it could've been a lot longer, and more exciting :) - because the plot is very predictable ^^'
Yue
I am going to kill YT if she ends KS like this, in such a vague way.

Despite being the same mangaka, the art is not as pretty as in KS. Some of the characters, like Kei, did resemble, but others, like Aldred and the rest of his squad (except maybe little Lyd, who when she cried, she looked exactly the same as the crying children in KS) were far from pretty. Too raw, like bigger mouths and stiffer hairs. All of the characters seem into Visual Kei: the clothes, the hundred earrings, the weird hairs
sucker4synth
Jan 23, 2016 sucker4synth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the creator of Black Butler. RustBlaster is a one-shot about a vampire who can't manifest a bloodline weapon. But, hey, who's that spacey white-haired new human in class? Cute, and the right about of blood and biting. I wish there was more, but it was good on its own. The manga debut of Yana Toboso!
Chelsey Middleton
I absolutly without a doubt loved this manga. I loved the connection between Kei and Aldread.. By the end I had tears in my eyes. This is a 100% must read.
Tasha
Oct 03, 2015 Tasha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, graphic-novel
Wow, this kind of sucked. The art was beautiful, but I expect nothing less from Yana Toboso. I guess this was her debut manga, and I'm glad she got better at writing.
Khansa
May 03, 2015 Khansa rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 3-stars
The premise sounds good, but the execution? so-so. Yet it's still a good story with loveable character. Too bad it's a one-shot.
Melanie
Sep 13, 2015 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book on a goodreads giveaway.
I wasn't expecting to be as sucked in as I was, great plot and character development.
Наташа
Apr 15, 2012 Наташа rated it really liked it
Манга была бы здоровской, не будь она такой сжатой, от этой сжатости пострадал сюжет, детали, характаеры персонажей и много чего еще. Но при этом история умудрилась остаться интересной, симпатично нарисованной и даже содержащей некую большую идею в основании. Еще одну звездочку, пожалуй, я добавлю обосновавшемуся здесь прообразу Гробовщика, уж больно Каин на него похож, даже косичка и шов на маске присутствуют, не говоря уже о очень знакомой манере себя вести.))
Batoul ~ k
May 14, 2013 Batoul ~ k rated it it was amazing
It was superb , so beautiful yet very painful :"( .. even though i don't quite get the ending, it wasn't clear but well. the amazingness of the manga covered for it :) .. the drawing , there is no word enough to describe its beauty .. The most beautiful drawing I have ever seen in a manga ... Yana toboso sensei is amazing ...more
Ariana Deralte
It reminded me a lot of a doujinshi, and I was sucked in by the pretty art. It's a little disjointed because it's so short (what a vague ending), and it's hard to keep track of any characters other than the two main ones, but it's not a bad manga if your standards aren't too high.
Emma Jensen
Sep 25, 2011 Emma Jensen rated it liked it
I. Hate. Cliffhangers.

Seriously, this manga was actually really exciting (not as much as Black Butler, but enough to keep me very entertained - I love Yana Toboso!)

But it's way too short and leaves the reader with so many questions and a bleeding heart...
Jessica
Oct 06, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i loved this manga. i couldn't put it down. i had to find out what aldred would do next. hope there will be more. i want to know what happened to aldred.
Kaitlyn
Feb 15, 2011 Kaitlyn added it
Shelves: shonen-manga
this book is good so far.... then again, yana toboso's an awesome mangaka. :) :) i like the drawings.
Anastasia Antonova
Mar 26, 2015 Anastasia Antonova rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Читала только ради рисовки. Тут Яна на высоте.
А сама манга ни о чем. Прочитала и забыла.
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
DrCalvin
DrCalvin rated it it was ok
May 21, 2016
Rebecca/Twilightnight ^.^
Rebecca/Twilightnight ^.^ rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Jakob
Jakob marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Fallenstars
Fallenstars rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Caroline
Caroline rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Dana McKay
Dana McKay rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Hilda
Hilda marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Drestor
Drestor marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Is this available in English? 2 6 Oct 19, 2014 03:43PM
  • Karneval, Vol. 1 (Karneval, #1)
  • Requiem of the Rose King, Vol. 1 (Requiem of the Rose King, #1)
  • 終わりのセラフ 7 [Owari no Serafu 7] (Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign, #7)
  • Pandora Hearts, Vol. 06
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 12 (D.N.Angel, #12)
  • Switch, Vol. 1
  • Saiyuki Gaiden n. 1
  • Jiu Jiu, Vol. 1
  • Hero Tales, Vol. 1 (Hero Tales, #1)
  • The Whitby Witches (The Whitby Witches, #1)
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc, Vol. 1
  • 世界一初恋 ~小野寺律の場合4~ [Sekaiichi Hatsukoi - Onodera Ritsu no Baai 4]
  • R.O.D. Read or Die 1 (R.O.D. Read or Die, #1)
  • Crimson Spell Bd. 4
Yana Toboso (枢 やな Toboso Yana) is a female Japanese manga artist born in Warabi, Saitama Prefecture, Japan and currently resides in Yokohama. She is best known for Black Butler (黒執事 Kuroshitsuji), a popular shonen manga series.

She has also written yaoi under the pen name Yanao Rock (簗緒ろく).

Appearance
Yana Toboso draws herself as a devil with a black body and horns, a white head, and a pointed tail.
More about Yana Toboso...