Start by marking “Five Little Ducks” as Want to Read:
Five Little Ducks

Five Little Ducks

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Board book edition of the classic nursery rhyme. Actual size of book is 6"x6".
Paperback + CD, 16 pages
Published August 10th 2007 by Child's Play International (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Five Little Ducks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Little Ducks

Rumena Khatun
This is an excellent book for nursery or reception children. It features vibrant illustrations that will capture the attention of very young children. The story has a familiar pattern so that children will be able to predict what happens next. The story also helps children learn the names of numbers and introduces the principle of subtraction.
Aldon Rau
I don't know whether you have ever found yourself in a situation of scarcity in terms of reading material per reader. This is the circumstance in which I found myself last night. My sister was apparently reading both The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher and The Tale of Peter Rabbit simulataneously; one cousin had laid claim to Animal Babies in Polar Lands; the other was perusing Goodnight Moon. To me they had allocated a lift-the-flap book on the subject of bunnies; while I am sure it was a very fine w ...more
Shayla.boyle
The story line of this book follows a mother duck who is trying to get her baby ducklings to get into the water to swim. One by one, the baby ducklings eventually plop into the water and swim along with their mother. With each turn of the page, another duck has joined to swim with them. Therefore, this would be a great book to implement in the classroom in connection with a math lesson plan for a young classroom. Students will be able to count the ducks as they gain the courage to swim and will ...more
Keshia
Great illustrations with little cut-out holes to view particular items on previous/next page. Very cute. Thought the story was a bit alarming, until i realized it was a nursery rhyme. Well, many nursery rhymes are alarming, aren't they?
Alysha DeShaé
Fun to sing/read aloud, even if my niece insists that I did it wrong. Apparently my mom changes the words a bit because it's not how she knows the song. :-)
Michelle
The cut outs in this book did not make any sense in relation to the story/song...
Adrienne
Fun little book--I liked the CD, too, and my babies seemed to enjoy listening to it.
Saralyn
Liked the song. Didn't love the illustrations.
Claire
Great for toddler rhymetime
Gul
‘Five Little Ducks’ by Penny Ives is a great traditional rhyme. Children will enjoy singing along with this rhyme and will really get the children engaged. This book will allow children to develop their counting skills. The Holes will help assist parents/ teachers with the telling of the story. Teachers can get the children participating by dressing up and singing along with the rhyme. This book is suitable for children between the ages of one and three. I would definitely recommend this book as ...more
jacky
This has been read at story time a few time now, though it was an early read in our story time career. At first, I didn't like, but its grown on me. The repetition in the song is nice. Mike dislikes this song, especailly near the end when no ducks come back. I like to think that this book all happens in one day, or else that isn't a very good momma duck! This particular edition has cute outs.
Msjennifers Corner
I have this one in BIG book format for story time. We used it with the baby class (Mother Goose) and they loved it. They quacked along with the song lyrics and really enjoyed the page cut outs. You can sing this one just as well as read them. There is quite a bit to look at and discover on every page.
Samantha Penrose
This book has fabulous illustrations.....a wonderful choice for making observations about the life in and around a pond. The text however is slightly annoying. The author has changed several lines in the song (at least from what I am familiar with) making it rather awkward to sing. Pooh!
Erin Chambers
Love it! This book can be used by a teacher for its repetitive words, rhyming words, predictability so you can ask kids what do you think will happen next? The ducks leave one by one so subtraction can be practiced. I really like this book.
Rachel
This picture book is excellent for younger children. It can be used for addition and subtraction, as well as reading. The repetitive words and predictable nature make it much easier for children that are learning to read.
Jazmyne Henry
This classic Nursery rhyme book is a great book to read to children and show off it's vibrant illustrations. This book can be used to teach life in nature. Also, with its predictable pattern children can participate.
Lajune Neal
This is an awesome children's book. It also is good to sing along with and help children work on their counting because it is an early introduction to math.
Melanie
A playfully illustrated version of the "Five Little Ducks" song. Strategically placed holes in the pages allow children to peek into the next page.
Jim
it is a little disturbing how happy mother duck looks when she lies down w/only two duckling left
Sarah Ziskend
Aug 13, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bb
BB-Chi
Samreen Mahmood
Samreen Mahmood marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Celestine, Drama Queen Rabbit Pie Mrs. Santa Claus Rabbit Pie: The Perfect Recipe for Bedtime Mrs Christmas