Start by marking “Everyday Graces: Child's Book Of Good Manners” as Want to Read:
Everyday Graces: Child's Book Of Good Manners

Everyday Graces: Child's Book Of Good Manners

4.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  89 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
The regrettable fact is that the subject of manners is not much discussed anymore, and good manners seem practiced even less. But good manners are a prerequisite for the growth of moral character; they are the habits of conduct and behavior by which we express in the most ordinary circumstances our fundamental respect for others, whether parents, friends, colleagues, or st ...more
Published April 1st 2003 by Intercollegiate Studies Institute

To ask other readers questions about Everyday Graces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyday Graces

The Imitation of Christ by Thomas à KempisCatechism of the Catholic Church by Pope John Paul IIStory of a Soul by Thérèse de LisieuxMere Christianity by C.S. LewisThe Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
Books for Catholics
165th out of 396 books — 126 voters
Catechism of the Catholic Church by Pope John Paul IIStory of a Soul by Thérèse de LisieuxThe Confessions by Augustine of HippoThe New American Bible by AnonymousDark Night of the Soul by Juan de la Cruz
Roman Catholic Reading
180th out of 330 books — 187 voters

More lists with this book...

Karen
Feb 19, 2016 Karen is currently reading it
Shelves: jacob, ellie, mom, dad
Reading as part of our home education curriculum. Great book. Kids are always asking for a story out of this book!

Fun to grab this book during eating times when the kids get squirrely. It instantly gets their attention. Taking our time with this book and enjoying it.6/4/15

Still really enjoying this book and finding that taking our time with it is perfect! It gives us time to reflect and put the manners into practice..krb 2/13/16

Put this book into our Morning Time Basket..krb 2/19/16
Carrie
Jan 25, 2008 Carrie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Here's another book that Matt gave me for Christmas. (Thank you, sweets!) It is a compilation of stories about good manners grouped into nice chapters, easy-to-reference chapters. We mostly read it on an as needed basis. Surprisingly, there are lots of good things you can learn from the mistakes of frogs and the like.
Michelle Johnson
May 26, 2015 Michelle Johnson rated it liked it
Recommends it for: families looking for quick/easy bible studies
Recommended to Michelle by: Aunt Theresa
Shelves: family-time
This took us a LONG time to get through. True, there were stops and starts but we hacked away at it over time.

It's a cute book. There are short stories spilled in amongst morals and lessons. We found several books the kids wanted in full. So that was great. Also, there were several poems we memorized. And one book of poetry they wanted.

We've read books we loved more but this is an easy book to read with only a short amount of time available. Since it's split up into such small segments you can
Kaye
Mar 25, 2016 Kaye rated it really liked it
I would use selected stories from this book to teach students a lesson. For example to teach a lesson on telling the truth, I could read Mercury and the Woodman by Aesop and George Washington and the Cherry Tree. The students could compare and contrast these two stories and write their own tale to teach someone that telling the truth is the best policy.
Holyn
Aug 24, 2011 Holyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a wonderful book that helps children learn about everyday manners and a polite way to navigate the world by using poetry, fables, excerpts of stories, Bible verses, etc to teach rather than preach. After many of the stories the author adds a little thoughtful paragraph about what the child can take from the story and how he/she can apply it to life. I think it would be fun to incorporate this into a bedtime routine - almost like a daily devotional.

AA is still a little too young to really
Veronica
May 03, 2013 Veronica added it
Shelves: manners
I'm working on creating a booklist for my local public library. This book was one in consideration for this list.

Not going on my list. Another book for adults to relate to children. It's a collection of stories, yes, but there are too many of the classic stories, and I want to incorporate the newer stuff into my list.
Angela
Jan 18, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it
This is a sweet book filled with passages from classical stories, poems, and literature that discuss topics of good manners and also builds character. It includes and array of authors from C.S. Lewis to Hans Christian Anderson. So far, the kids have really enjoyed listening to me read from this book.
Jasmine Crocker
Nov 13, 2013 Jasmine Crocker rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This story gives examples of good manners children can learn and practice.

This can be used in the classroom for setting an example of the manners children can use when talking to one another or to an adult.
Ashley
Sep 04, 2012 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I read the 2012 edition, so it's updated and there are a few changes. I think this will be a great resource in teaching our children.
Jennifer Hughes
Cute book in the vein of the "Book of Virtues" books. Great bedtime reading because you have a captive audience!
Bethany Hunt
Mar 05, 2013 Bethany Hunt rated it it was amazing
A great resources for teaching children. I really love that it incorporates Bible verses throughout with the stories.
Jenny
Aug 06, 2015 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-finished
This is a fantastic collection of stories and poems. I need to buy it!
Kristy
Aug 29, 2012 Kristy rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book every family should own!
Pamela
Apr 09, 2010 Pamela rated it really liked it
Excellent book to read with your kids. They will love the stories and learn important lessons on the way!
Amir Kamal Eshak
Amir Kamal Eshak marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Jodi Chaffee
Jodi Chaffee marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Valerie Daigle
Valerie Daigle marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
JJ | Leather + Flora
JJ | Leather + Flora marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Jera Allen
Jera Allen marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Shannon Cahill
Shannon Cahill rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
MzTonka
MzTonka marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Gerson
Gerson marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
  • The Legend of the Three Trees
  • Books That Build Character: A Guide to Teaching Your Child Moral Values Through Stories
  • Casey at the Bat: A Ballad of the Republic Sung in the Year 1888
  • Amon's Adventure: A Family Story for Easter
  • The Last Quest of Gilgamesh (The Gilgamesh Trilogy, #3)
  • Dangerous Journey: The Story of Pilgrim's Progress
  • Katie and the Sunflowers (Katie)
  • The Story of the World: History for the Classical Child: Activity Book 1: Ancient Times: From the Earliest Nomads to the Last Roman Emperor
  • Wise Words
  • You Come Too
  • The Minstrel in the Tower
  • Marven of the Great North Woods
  • Brave Young Knight
Wife of former senator and candidate for the 2012 Republican Party presidential nomination Rick Santorum

Karen married Rick in 1990 and they have 7 children including one stillborn child.

In the past she has dated the 40 year older abortionist Tom Allen, who also delivered her as a baby.
More about Karen Santorum...