Start by marking “The Enlightened Stepmother: Revolutionizing the Role” as Want to Read:
The Enlightened Stepmother: Revolutionizing the Role

The Enlightened Stepmother: Revolutionizing the Role

Becoming a stepmother is a life-altering event in any woman's life. The issues are extraordinarily complex and women are overwhelmingly unprepared. Yet concerns usually focus on the effect remarriage has on the children. The Enlightened Stepmother approaches the subject from a totally new perspective -- that of the stepmother. Based on information -- sometimes controversia ...more
Published March 1st 1999 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Enlightened Stepmother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enlightened Stepmother

Missy Olive
Apr 08, 2012 Missy Olive rated it it was ok
This is another one of the books that I purchased for the research for my own book on Step Mommy Discipline.

There are several aspects about this book that I like.
 1. The authors interviewed 200 step-moms for the book.
2. The authors cover the important topics (the importance of your own marriage, raising the children across the lifespan, having your own children, having a child together, custody battles, money battles, and the Ex).
3. The authors shared the questionnaire they used with participant
Christine CC
Sep 08, 2010 Christine CC rated it really liked it
If you are considering becoming a stepmother or seriously dating a man with children, read this book. I thought some of the advice was alarmist, that many women get into this role without considering that the man they love is a PACKAGE with his children thus heartache, jealousy, etc result...

However, Norwood addresses a lot of critical topics that should be discussed by any woman with her wits about her who is getting involved with a man who has children.

Danielle VanDaele
Dec 06, 2007 Danielle VanDaele rated it it was ok
I read this a while ago, and picked it up again a few days ago to review. I was right the first time...not very helpful. There are a few paragraphs that do hit home, but not enough for me to give this book any more than 2 stars. It seems as though a lot of it doesn't apply to a young stepmother in my situation. Maybe it is helpful to older women who have problem children and have kids from a previous marriage.
Andee Browne
Anyone who seriously dates or marries a man with kids needs to read this. The author's cheerful "no, you aren't crazy" tone and upbeat "yes, this is tough, you'll get through it" message is really helpful for anyone frazzled by stepmotherhood, which by the sound of it, is everyone.
Jun 13, 2009 Lisa rated it really liked it
Pretty much stepmothering 101 - good for those who have no clue what the issues may be. It seemed a little old-fashioned in that it assumed that people live apart until marriage and that women don't serve as stepmothers until they get married.
Anna Murray
Sep 04, 2010 Anna Murray rated it it was amazing
As a full-time stepmother, I loved this book! Anyone who is a stepmother, might become one, knows one, has children who have one, should read this book!
Jun 20, 2013 Lacy rated it really liked it
This was book was very helpful. I didn't agree with everything that the author's wrote, but it helped me make decisions and cope with my situation.
Jan 03, 2014 Shannon rated it liked it
hopefully will help me keep my composure as I assist in raising the 2 children from his previous marriage.
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
Cmariewt rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2016
Lorey Trier
Lorey Trier rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Katie rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
L.A. marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
FSN added it
Apr 21, 2016
Cynthia Saoirse
Cynthia Saoirse marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Julia added it
Jan 19, 2016
Sara Lynn Keller
Sara Lynn Keller rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2016
Megan Price
Megan Price rated it did not like it
Nov 13, 2015
Sofia marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Lorraine rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Chad Pirotte
Chad Pirotte rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2015
Latoya marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Carla Hall D'Ambra
Carla Hall D'Ambra rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
Karen rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2015
Tammy Hendren
Tammy Hendren rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Lorraine Peck
Lorraine Peck rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2014
Robbin Rose
Robbin Rose rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014