Start by marking “A New Pair of Glasses” as Want to Read:
A New Pair of Glasses

A New Pair of Glasses

Published April 1st 1986 by New-Look Pub. Co., (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about A New Pair of Glasses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A New Pair of Glasses

Farley Craig
Jan 06, 2013 Farley Craig rated it it was amazing
Shelves: studying
This is a real lifesaver of a book. I remember my Dad having this book when I was around the age of fourteen telling me "Farley, you should read this book... it's got some really good things to say"
Of course at that time I didn't read it. But, later when I was having a tough time myself, I picked up a copy (actually, I think I stole one... gulp).
It turned out to be a damn good book. I was able, with even a small amount of braincells left to comprehend it and feel as though I was there in the fro
Carlton R.
Jul 14, 2014 Carlton R. rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who wants a new way of having reltionships with G-d, other people, and inner contentment.
A New Pair Of Glasses, Chuck C., New Look Publishing Co., Irvine, CA, 1984
The author is a recovered alcoholic, who was by his own account a "tongue chewing babbling idiot" when he was approached by Alcoholics Anonymous. He recovered and went on to design and build shopping centers in California. He also helped countless people to recovery along the way.
His personal philosophy and actualized beliefs led to his becoming an iconic figure in Californian AA and eventually nationwide.
This book wa
Deke Hardwick
Mar 29, 2013 Deke Hardwick rated it it was amazing
Excellent, straight talk. The real deal, core principles that give you every reason to actively alter your perspective. This guy is a no nonsense icon up there in league with Bill W and Dr. Bob and I would consider this essential as the Big Book, Twelve and Twelve, and Came to Believe as a classic recovery lifesaver. Open mind for a different view..;-)
May 25, 2012 Scott rated it it was amazing
What a great little book! Chuck C. shared some real pearls of wisdom in this book. Taken from talks he gave at a men's retreat, this book drives home the importance of transformation if one wants to find true happiness in recovery!
Apr 08, 2009 Jmtm35 is currently reading it
Studying this book with a group. Understanding God, spirtuality, ego through the eyes (experience, strength, and hope) of a member of a 12-step program. Simple and honest.
Mar 31, 2013 Travis rated it it was amazing
An absolute must in recovery from anything. Simple. Straight. And light hearted even in the depths of misery. An outstanding read and awakening.
Marilyn Elisabeth
Feb 26, 2009 Marilyn Elisabeth rated it really liked it
Transcripts of talks by a well-loved member of AA are both down-to-earth and spiritual.
Robert Cymbala
Mar 15, 2012 Robert Cymbala rated it liked it
"It ain't no big deal" sticks in my mind...
Matt Edwards
Jul 16, 2016 Matt Edwards rated it really liked it
Good stuff here. Certainly worth the read. Probably nothing you haven't heard before but he presents some of the key principles of recovery with passion and insight.

Dec 15, 2015 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
It's a small book jam packed with wisdom. The speaker is easy to relate to and entertaining in how he communicates his message. Empowering and beautiful.
Feb 26, 2009 Adam rated it it was amazing
This book changed my life. I didn't happen overnight but some of the concepts stayed with me and have changed my attitude and perspective over time. I used to be so angry, frustrated, and stressed out all the time. Chuck uses his own life story and his own experiences to illuminate on the topics of acceptance, patience, and serenity. It's true that when you spend your time thinking about your problems, they get bigger in your mind. But if you spend your time thinking about solutions, they get bi ...more
Pat Landers
May 24, 2015 Pat Landers rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2013 EunSung rated it it was amazing
I've heard "A New Pair of Glasses" as speaker tapes, but it's a different experience to read the words slowly. I miss not hearing his laughter, but my mind inputs his laughter as I read it.

I didn't realize how many of the sayings in the rooms come from Chuck C, like this thing being an "inside job."
J.B. Siewers
Jun 12, 2015 J.B. Siewers rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-hold, i-own-it
Insightful and inspirational, sounds a bit corny and old fashioned at times yet worth the pick up, Even though I put a finished date, it's the kind of book you don't really ever have to be finished with.
Feb 17, 2010 Anna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recovery
This book has literally changed my life. This guy is sarcastic and reverant at the same time, and I'm kind of sad I can't ever meet him. Read it; the man's a spiritual genius.
Feb 05, 2008 Linda rated it really liked it
Recovery is a tough subject to study. For the learner who wants to live a program in their everyday life, this is a super share to tag along and apply to one's way of thinking.
Nov 23, 2008 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Excellent book on how the EGO can do us in. Written in a down home style, simple enjoyable read. Don't know when/if/ever it will become Conference approved.
Mar 26, 2008 Williammccolgan rated it it was amazing
This book changed my life. Particularly good for anyone wanting to elevate their work life to service plane.
Angie Solvie
Mar 27, 2011 Angie Solvie rated it really liked it
I can't think of a better book for someone struggling with reality!
Jul 11, 2012 Thomas added it
incredible book
Sep 30, 2012 Bret rated it it was amazing
a must
Michael marked it as to-read
Kristy Britt
Kristy Britt rated it it was amazing
John Orr
John Orr marked it as to-read
Patrick Roberts
Patrick Roberts rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2016
Jamie Heidecker
Jamie Heidecker rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2016
Tony marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
Latanya Aikens
Latanya Aikens marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2016
  • As Bill Sees It: Selected Writings of the A.A.'s Co-Founder
  • Living Sober
  • Drop The Rock: Removing Character Defects - Steps Six and Seven
  • What Becomes of the Broken Hearted? (Once Were Warriors, #2)
  • The Sermon on the Mount: The Key to Success in Life
  • The Powwow Highway
  • Codependent No More & Beyond Codependency
  • The Last Comanche Chief: The Life and Times of Quanah Parker
  • Staying Sober: A Guide for Relapse Prevention- Based Upon the CENAPS Model of Treatment
  • Paths to Recovery: Al-Anon's Steps, Traditions, and Concepts
  • Addiction and Grace: Love and Spirituality in the Healing of Addictions
  • Sitting Bull
  • A Gentle Path Through the Twelve Steps: The Classic Guide for All People in the Process of Recovery
  • Sea of Slaughter