Start by marking “Danger on Midnight River (World of Adventure, #6)” as Want to Read:
Danger on Midnight River (World of Adventure, #6)

Danger on Midnight River (World of Adventure #6)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  17 reviews
When his camp van crashes into a raging river, Daniel Martin is plunged into a frightening position. Suddenly the campmates who call him "dork breath" and "retard" because he is a slow learner are depending in him for survival. Daniel could save himself. Or risk everything to try to rescue the bullies too. Night is approaching, and desolate mountains surround them. Even if ...more
Published July 1st 1995 by Yearling

To ask other readers questions about Danger on Midnight River, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Danger on Midnight River

Orlando Godinez
This book will make your mind blow up.The genre of this book is adventure.I think this is such a amazing book ive read.With just one or two chapter you read you will love it.

The setting of the story is in forest where their is danger.Daniel is a boy that has no friends but spends most of his time with his mom or uncle in the mountains. In school he was the class nobody.Scooty is the jerk who mostly makes fun of Daniel.Brandon and troy were scottys friends.They were told to go to summer camp.Un
Zach Costello
This book was a good book filled with action. A group of kids get in a crash and go into a river and have to try and find their way home. Only one kid knows how to survive and what to do in the wilderness. The other three are bullies to him in school. Can they all get along and find their way back home? This book is for kids who like adventure and the outdoors.
I am giving this book 4 stars because it is a great lesson on showing team work. I think that this is the best adventurous book for kids. This is my favorite book I’ve read this year. I know kids will love it. If you like adventurous books this is the one to get.
Kyle Conway

“Danger on Midnight River,” is the SSR book that I have been reading in class. It is a very adventuress book filled with action written by the notorious, Gary Paulson. The main character of the book is a thirteen year old, mamma’s boy who has no true friends, his name is Daniel Martin. His mom signs him up for a summer camp and on the bus ride there his three arch enemies at school step on the bus.
In the beginning of the story the careless bus driver takes a wrong turn and wo
A real page-turner and fast-paced adventure in classical Gary Paulsen manner. It is accessible also to young readers still developing their skills and stamina as it is a slim volume. A young boy, sent to summer camp by his mother is suddenly thrown into terrible danger. Out in the wilderness, it is up to him, the outsider and underdog, to save himself and everyone else. I know my primary students will love this - always makes me happy when I find a real adventure story for younger readers.
Wendy Whitney
Good lessons about dealing with bullies and developing friendships and sticking together. 1 hour audio
Short and sweet, kind of surprised no one even considered trying to save the driver though.
I have always enjoyed the adventure stories of Gary Paulsen and this is another great one. Daniel and three other boys are lost in the wilderness when their camp bus crashes. Daniel is a slow learner at school, but knows a great deal about surviving in the wilderness. The three boys he is stranded with have bullied him in the past, but they are now dependent on Daniel for survival. This is a great adventure story as well as a great story about friendship.
I gave this book a three because it was not that good. I like how they hate each other a then they like each other at the end. they also had a fun adventure. They broke bones made tea. How they got there is they want over a brige and it fell on them. There bus driver died in the bus they dryed to get him out.then they swam to shore and they made a fire well Daniel made the fire. He made four fires they went about two weeks throw the mountanes.
Daniel is a 13 years old and is sent off to camp. He doesn't want to go and in the bus he is bullied by other boys going to the same camp. On the way there, the bus falls into the river. The boys have to rely on Daniel who knows a lot about the wilderness from his uncle. A short book but keeps the reader interested the whole way through.
Paulson wastes no time on this adventure. While the lesson of helping others, even when they've been unkind to you is strong, the issue of the driver, who apparently dies is not resolved. The boys just leave him in the van in the water. And I'm pretty sure there was no mention of him when the boys were found.
Andrea Wilkinson
Action-packed, quick read that addresses difficult choices to be made by a boy who is teased by the boys who need his help to survive. The students at my school enjoyed when I read part of this out loud because of Gary Paulsen's trademark adventure-telling style.
This book was very short. The author put in a very simple plot arch. HE goes up to the woods, the van crashes, he survives with the enemies, and he lives. I think this book should of been longer. The author could of expanded more on the fact that the van crashed.
Mike P
Danger on midnight river is a thrill ride. If you like camping slash surviving stories, this book is just for you. I liked this story because it's short and a book you are excited to read. This book doesn't take long too read, but it's very enjoyable!
Mjlibrary NDSCS
A staff favorite recommended during Library Week 2012
Very esay and a great book!
i loved this book!
Amanda added it
Oct 02, 2015
Linda Erb
Linda Erb marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Leeha Schultz
Leeha Schultz marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Emily Mulcahy
Emily Mulcahy marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
AJ Groome
AJ Groome marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Kk marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Loisa marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Samantha Smith
Samantha Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Although he was never a dedicated student, Paulsen developed a passion for reading at an early age. After a librarian gave him a book to read--along with his own library card--he was hooked. He began spending hours alone in the basement of his apartment building, reading one book after another.

Running away from home at the age of 14 and traveling with a carnival, Paulsen acquired a taste for adve
More about Gary Paulsen...

World of Adventure (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Legend of Red Horse Cavern (World of Adventure)
  • Rodomonte's Revenge (World of Adventure)
  • Escape from Fire Mountain
  • The Rock Jockeys
  • Hook 'Em Snotty (World of Adventure, #5)
  • The Gorgon Slayer (Gary Paulsen World of Adventure)
  • Captive!
  • Project: A Perfect World (World of Adventure)
  • Skydive (World of Adventure, #10)
  • The Seventh Crystal (Gary Paulsen World of Adventure)
Hatchet (Brian's Saga, #1) Brian's Winter (Brian's Saga, #3) The River (Brian's Saga, #2) Brian's Return (Brian's Saga, #4) Brian's Hunt (Brian's Saga, #5)