Danger on Midnight River (World of Adventure, #6)

Danger on Midnight River (World of Adventure #6)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Slow learner Daniel Martin escapes peer teasing by spending most of his time outdoors, and when a van crash plunges him and a gang of bullies in the river, Daniel must choose between saving himself and risking his life to save the others.

Book Details: Format: Paperback Publication Date: 7/1/1995 Pages: 80 Reading Level: Age 9 and Up
Published July 1st 1995 by Yearling

Zach Costello
This book was a good book filled with action. A group of kids get in a crash and go into a river and have to try and find their way home. Only one kid knows how to survive and what to do in the wilderness. The other three are bullies to him in school. Can they all get along and find their way back home? This book is for kids who like adventure and the outdoors.
Austin.t
I am giving this book 4 stars because it is a great lesson on showing team work. I think that this is the best adventurous book for kids. This is my favorite book I’ve read this year. I know kids will love it. If you like adventurous books this is the one to get.
Kyle
Kyle Conway
Per.3

“Danger on Midnight River,” is the SSR book that I have been reading in class. It is a very adventuress book filled with action written by the notorious, Gary Paulson. The main character of the book is a thirteen year old, mamma’s boy who has no true friends, his name is Daniel Martin. His mom signs him up for a summer camp and on the bus ride there his three arch enemies at school step on the bus.
In the beginning of the story the careless bus driver takes a wrong turn and wo...more
Tanja
A real page-turner and fast-paced adventure in classical Gary Paulsen manner. It is accessible also to young readers still developing their skills and stamina as it is a slim volume. A young boy, sent to summer camp by his mother is suddenly thrown into terrible danger. Out in the wilderness, it is up to him, the outsider and underdog, to save himself and everyone else. I know my primary students will love this - always makes me happy when I find a real adventure story for younger readers.
Wendy Whitney
Good lessons about dealing with bullies and developing friendships and sticking together. 1 hour audio
Ingrid
I have always enjoyed the adventure stories of Gary Paulsen and this is another great one. Daniel and three other boys are lost in the wilderness when their camp bus crashes. Daniel is a slow learner at school, but knows a great deal about surviving in the wilderness. The three boys he is stranded with have bullied him in the past, but they are now dependent on Daniel for survival. This is a great adventure story as well as a great story about friendship.
Zachary
I gave this book a three because it was not that good. I like how they hate each other a then they like each other at the end. they also had a fun adventure. They broke bones made tea. How they got there is they want over a brige and it fell on them. There bus driver died in the bus they dryed to get him out.then they swam to shore and they made a fire well Daniel made the fire. He made four fires they went about two weeks throw the mountanes.
PJ
Daniel is a 13 years old and is sent off to camp. He doesn't want to go and in the bus he is bullied by other boys going to the same camp. On the way there, the bus falls into the river. The boys have to rely on Daniel who knows a lot about the wilderness from his uncle. A short book but keeps the reader interested the whole way through.
Lura
Paulson wastes no time on this adventure. While the lesson of helping others, even when they've been unkind to you is strong, the issue of the driver, who apparently dies is not resolved. The boys just leave him in the van in the water. And I'm pretty sure there was no mention of him when the boys were found.
Cameron710
This book was very short. The author put in a very simple plot arch. HE goes up to the woods, the van crashes, he survives with the enemies, and he lives. I think this book should of been longer. The author could of expanded more on the fact that the van crashed.
Mike P
Danger on midnight river is a thrill ride. If you like camping slash surviving stories, this book is just for you. I liked this story because it's short and a book you are excited to read. This book doesn't take long too read, but it's very enjoyable!
Mjlibrary NDSCS
A staff favorite recommended during Library Week 2012
Ian
Very esay and a great book!
Keith
i loved this book!
Clara
Clara marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Stevie
Stevie added it
Apr 14, 2014
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Although he was never a dedicated student, Paulsen developed a passion for reading at an early age. After a librarian gave him a book to read--along with his own library card--he was hooked. He began spending hours alone in the basement of his apartment building, reading one book after another.

Running away from home at the age of 14 and traveling with a carnival, Paulsen acquired a taste for adve...more
More about Gary Paulsen...
Hatchet (Brian's Saga, #1) Brian's Winter (Brian's Saga, #3) The River (Brian's Saga, #2) Brian's Return (Brian's Saga, #4) Brian's Hunt (Brian's Saga, #5)