Start by marking “Performance Without Compromise: How Emerson Consistently Achieves Winning Results” as Want to Read:

In today's volatile marketplace, it's rare for firms to last—much less consistently increase earnings—for more than four decades. That's what makes the story of 115-year-old global manufacturing and technology leader Emerson so remarkable, and so valuable, for today's managers. How does Emerson do it? And what can other companies learn from its success? Celebrated business ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by Harvard Business Review Press (first published August 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Performance Without Compromise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Performance Without Compromise

K.D. Absolutely
Aug 29, 2011 K.D. Absolutely rated it really liked it
Recommended to K.D. by: boss of my boss
Shelves: business, non-fiction
This is a required book to read for all the managers up in the company I am currently working for: Emerson.

There is a danger of being dismissed if I say anything bad about the book or if I rate this lower than 5 stars so please bear with me. No, I am just kidding.

But the boss of my boss has been reminding us to read this book every meeting and I said to myself: if I could read 23 books a month or 250 books a year, why not squeeze this business book in?

I am glad, I did just that. This book, Perfo
Kim
Nov 18, 2010 Kim rated it it was ok
It's an interesting book, but once it just became, "so, we realized that we needed to improve this, so we just bought this company..." it became less useful to me. Some good points about planning, but not every organization can just buy the companies that will help them improve.
Deanna
Jan 22, 2009 Deanna rated it did not like it
How Chuck Knight, CEO of Emerson consistently achieves results.

This reads more like a textbook, and misses catching the charisma and inspiration of the man who ran the company.
Dan
Mar 02, 2010 Dan rated it did not like it
Just happy I never got my MBA. I am not into ameliorating the CAGR (Cumulative Annual Growth Rate.) over the ROTC (Return over Total Capital). I'd just rather write code.
Itsjunalene
Mar 12, 2015 Itsjunalene rated it really liked it
Currently reading this book!
Karla
Oct 01, 2011 Karla rated it it was ok
Assigned reading for leadership training. Good insight into the rigorous Emerson planning process.
Vijay Dora
Vijay Dora rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Alex
Alex added it
May 21, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Slieben
Slieben rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Ashwin
Ashwin marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Joey Hidalgo
Joey Hidalgo marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Ganesh G Nayak
Ganesh G Nayak rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Claudio Macedo
Claudio Macedo rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2015
Roroch Huqueriza
Roroch Huqueriza marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Brendan
Brendan marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Jose Alfredo
Jose Alfredo marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Prasad Mahajan
Prasad Mahajan marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Gail
Gail added it
Jan 17, 2015
Terry
Terry rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Ravi
Ravi marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Tarmizi
Tarmizi rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2014
Jon Kinning
Jon Kinning marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Guillermo Guinto
Guillermo Guinto is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2014