Watch Me

"No you don't."
"I'm coming after you."
"No you won't."
"Watch me."

Special FBI agent Jay Fletcher knows how to catch serial killers. She's developed a computer program that identifies the most vicious murderers in America.

But Jay's Washington bosses have told her to stop. She can't use her program. It violates the Constitution. It violates these sick kill...more
Published December 15th 1996 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Watch Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watch Me

Charlotte (Buried in Books)
Denise
Haha, it's like Dexter meets The Net.
Christine
Overall, the story was decent. A little outdated since technology has advanced so much since this was written. The ending made me mad though. Didn't turn out as I had hoped and no closure...
Paul Armstrong
Enjoyed it. Although the description of what psychopaths do to their victims was more than I personally liked. However, I accept it was important to the plot.
LJ
WATCH ME - Okay
Holt, A.J. - 1st in Jay Fletcher series

An agency hacker, Jay can use computers to find out anything about anybody. She uses her computer tracking system in an ongoing investigation of a serial killer, and this time she meets the killer in person, not just online. When she discovers that the murderer is hooked into a secret network of people playing a gruesome game, she makes her move.

A serial killer and vendetta FBI agent. I shan't be reading any more by this author.
Shaunna
If you like a good vendetta mixed with cyber crime and coupled with a wicked serial killer tale then this is the perfect book for you. I read it probably 15 years ago originally, so the computer terminology is a bit dated, but still an excellent read. Holt's serial killers are pretty creative beasts. The follow-up, Catch Me, is well done but not quite as good as Watch Me.
Rixiatrixie0-0
Not as good as Catch Me but still THIS BOOK IS TOTALLY AWESOME! Must read! If you haven't read this book but then u read Catch Me, dont worry! The two books dont really clash, this book is just the opening to Catch Me! I love Jay Fletcher! And the love the art work done by A.J. Holt's mind and fingers! READ!
Stacy Eaton
This was a great book. I wasn't sure if I liked it in the beginning seeming to jump back and forth. A little into it and I wanted to know what was happening in both cases I was disappointed when went back to other but it was put together to where there was no confusion on what was going on.
Janice
Stole this from my grandparent's house! I was a teenager and it was on their shelf of books they had finished. It was the beginning of my long career in swiping books from others... I am now a member of bookmooch.com where taking other's books is socially acceptable.
Ninamarie
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK. It will be a complete waste of good hours of your like, as it was mine. I loved Silence of the Lambs, and regularly enjoy murder mysteries, police and detective stories. This was one of the lower quality ones.
J.M.
To be completely honest, I can't recall anything about this story. I remember reading it but nothing at all stands out about it. In the end, I guess that's a more telling review than any other I could write.
Lindsay
Interesting plot concept-- like the show Dexter maybe? (I've never seen Dexter, so maybe I'm wrong.) The whole idea of a cop-turned-killer is a different twist, but I found the book average at best.
Michelle
WOW Interesting crime book. Main character cop becomes a serial killer. I don't watch "Dexter" but if you're a fan of that TV show you'll probably like this book. Wonder how the follow up books will go???
Ysanne
Apr 21, 2013 Ysanne added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Did not finish because I was listening to the audiobook version. Reader has a strange, off-putting way of reading. I will pick it back up when I get a physical copy.
Leslie
A tad disturbing at first, but this book kept my attention glued to the pages. Will definitely be watching for more in this series.
Sylvia
Good idea but badly told. If u want to get totaly confused with a load of unnecessary computer terms...this is ur read. A waste of time.
Gigi
For those who liked Larsson's trilogy, this series comes as the closest. This is book 1 and I can't wait for book 2.
Matthuvius Manhandlinglambs
Revenge fantasy meets cyber-crime detail. Fun stuff. Some surprisingly muscular plot twists.
Deirdre S.
A good bit more graphic than I like. If you enjoy Dexter, you might like this.
Jennifer Diehl
Good thriller; dark and disturbing with vigilante justice. Enjoyed it.
Susan
Excellent first novel - mystery with cyberspace overtones. Very good read.
Linda  Branham Greenwell
Someone is watching... A Cyberspace thrill. A really scary one
Jennifer Barrett
Yawn, Yawn, Yawn....Boring.
Pete
listened to book on tape
DW
Jan 02, 2011 DW rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2007, fiction
Disturbing.
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
  • Pandora's Clock
  • Category 7
  • Simple Simon
  • The Cat Dancers (Cam Richter, #1)
  • Opening Moves (Patrick Bowers Files, #0.5)
  • Blood Money (Jack Swyteck #10)
  • The Albino Knife (Matador, #6)
  • Deviant Ways
  • Where the Evil Dwells
  • The Girls He Adored
  • The Grid
  • The Riders of the Sidhe
  • Diadem from the Stars (Diadem, #1)
A.J. Holt is a pseudonym used by the Author Christopher Hyde