Start by marking “Kids Are Americans Too” as Want to Read:
Kids Are Americans Too

Kids Are Americans Too

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  204 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Four-time #1 bestselling author and veteran television news journalist Bill O'Reilly has more than 5 million copies of his books in print to date! His first book for young fans, The O'Reilly Factor for Kids, held the honorable distinction of being the #1 bestselling nonfiction title for kids in 2005 according to Nielsen's The Book Standard.

Back again with a dialogue on rig
Published September 30th 2008 by William Morrow (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kids Are Americans Too, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kids Are Americans Too

Alexandra
umm....
my dad made me read this
Chandler
My kids wanted to read this, because they watch O'reilly at night with me (yes, I am passing on my love of politics to them), so I thought maybe I should read it first. I really liked it. I love the way he writes, and this book was very easy for children to understand. He basically explains government and how all the offices work together to make up the laws of the land, and people's rights and how shady of an area that can be at times. I have approved them to read it.
Michelle
This book was meant for teens and therefore is a short, easy read. It skims the surface of issues relating to teens, introduces the bill of rights and explains briefly how America's government works. I enjoyed the book and think it is a good introduction for teens into some complex social questions.
Kay Grubb
this book was really good.
it talk about what kids rights are and are not. I would recomed this book to eny one that cares about kids,rights,and the world. i think that educators would like this book. and parents and very much kids!!!!!
Usually I like to hear what he says, not always agree, but hear him out. I thought this book was a bit simplistic and maybe I needed more meat with this but it kind focused more on him than the actual rights of children and teens in America.
Joenna
This book all depends of course, if you like Bill O'Reilly or not. It is a good informational book about the bill of rights, supreme court stuff, and your rights as a kid dealing with parents and schools.
Barb Siverts
This is a great way for kids to begin learning about their rights in our country & it encourages them to read the Constitution of the USA.
Konstanty Pawlowski
This book was a very fSt read because it's less than 150 pages. I didn't enjoy it as much because it was very cheesy and that made the book very annoying. The book was informative and sometimes it was contrary to what I thought, so I learned a lot of information. It was well written and I enjoyed the concept but not the actual book itself. It got boring and monotonous. I still recommend it because it gives you a lot of necessary information.
Ruby
Jun 23, 2013 Ruby rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: pile
I originally thought this book was for parents, so I was slightly surprised when I started reading this book and realized it was addressing teenagers. Nonetheless, it was very enjoyable.
Although the cover might dissuade some from even touching the book, O'Reilly presents information about legal rights in an engaging format that I think can get almost any teenager hooked.
The best part about the book was, without a doubt, the court cases and incidents that he uses as examples to explain the consti
Kyle
I leared how my rights, as a child of the United States of America, how my rights were started, how they worked and how they today are beign argued and fought about. As I learned from real stories around the country, I know that some rights are confusign in different ways. I also learned how the judicual branch of the Checks & Balences of the U.S., how and when the community gets involved, then city, state, then the country. How issuses rise from city courts, to state courts, and into when t ...more
Jack Hansen
A well-written book for children that I also shared with mine while driving as I also own the CD version. My daughters, teens at the time, recognized themselves in the advice and did not necessarily agree or like what they heard. It was especially poignant in the chapter that dealt with death as two of their friends' fathers passed away.

Bill O'Reilly is most passionate when it comes to children and he champions them on every issue he can. This endeavor is to reach as many children as he can so
Jay
This book is a fundamental guide for kids and most adults who are unaware of their rights in America. I could even see it being used in some American Government classes, as long as it had another test book presenting other points of view and more about the rights discussed with it.
Mrs. Trimble
An easy-to-read book about kids' Constitutional rights. I think this is a must-read for every young adult. It's also a good primer for adults that don't know a lot about the Constitution or the Bill of Rights. The language in the book is age-appropriate, interesting, sometimes funny, and current. The book will teach kids that their rights aren't so "cut and dry", but rather depend on the state and community in which they live.
Melody
This isn't one that I would normally pick up. I was experimenting with getting ebooks from the library and this was one of the first I saw that didn't have a wait list. It was good for what it was. Basically it is making the attempt to teach teenagers what their rights as Americans are. I think he did a good job at making, what may seem, a boring topic relatively entertaining for the target audience.
Leland
It's a simple book, Good reading not so much for teenagers, or at most 13-15, but I would say a youth as young as 8 would understand this. So, I am not sure of the audience he is aiming for, it's seem over simplified, but a good introduction for kids that have no idea.
Marnie
Dec 25, 2007 Marnie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: preteens & teens
This book moves really fast, I read it in about an hour. It had lots of information on the Bill of Rights in a way kids can relate to. It would be good for middle school kids.
Lisa
Jan 18, 2008 Lisa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young people and parents of young people.
Shelves: nonfiction
Bill presents interesting cases that are mini-civics lessons that are pertinent to issues facing high school age kids.
This book is easy to read and very logical.
Natalie
This was a pretty good book. Easy read. I wonder how teens actually like it because I know a lot of adults are reading it even though it's written for kids.
Courtney
Dec 25, 2007 Courtney rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens
It was short, but very informative. Very easy for teens to relate to, as it talked about some issues that one might face in school or at home.
Stone B.
I learned that schools are really bossy about all the stuff that they make you do. I disagree with the school's opinion on lots of things.
Sara
great book for your middle-schooler to read. You should read it too if you need a brush-up on defining your American rights...
Joyce
You will be surprised how much authority the local school has over your student.
Meg
This is a great book to recommend to my son who participates in mock trial!
Mike
Why did I read this? What am I doing with my life?
Debi9kids
I read this with the kids and we all really enjoyed it.
Jen
Mar 05, 2013 Jen rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sam Nielsen
Shelves: non-fiction, youth
Really expected a lot more substance!
Stephanie
Jul 02, 2009 Stephanie is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
We have rights too!!
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Power to the People
  • Disinformation
  • Taylor's Gift: A Courageous Story of Giving Life and Renewing Hope
  • Conform: Exposing the Truth About Schools
  • Invisible War, The: What Every Believer Needs to Know about Satan, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare
  • See, I Told You So
  • Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right
  • Cooking the Whole Foods Way: Your Complete, Everyday Guide to Healthy, Delicious Eating with 500 Recipes, Menus, Meal Planning, Techniques, Buying
  • The Greatest Words Ever Spoken: Everything Jesus Said about You, Your Life, and Everything Else
  • The Islamic Antichrist
  • Nullification: How to Resist Federal Tyranny in the 21st Century
  • Life Inside the Bubble: Why a Top-Ranked Secret Service Agent Walked Away from It All
  • Independent Dames: What You Never Knew About the Women and Girls of the American Revolution
  • The Academy (Steel Trapp, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Shemitah: The 3,000-Year-Old Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future, the World's Future, and Your Future!
  • Righteous Indignation: Excuse Me While I Save the World!
  • When GOD Winks: How the Power of Coincidence Guides Your Life
Bill O'Reilly is an American television/radio host, author, syndicated columnist, and political commentator. He is the host of the cable news program The O'Reilly Factor. Prior to hosting The O'Reilly Factor, he served as anchor of the entertainment program, Inside Edition.

O'Reilly also hosts The Radio Factor, a radio program syndicated by Westwood One, and he has written seven books.

More about Bill O'Reilly...
Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot Killing Jesus: A History A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity Killing Patton: The Strange Death of World War II's Most Audacious General