Start by marking “Kids Are Americans Too” as Want to Read:

Kids Are Americans Too
Published September 30th 2008 by William Morrow (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kids Are Americans Too, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kids Are Americans Too

Alexandra
Oct 10, 2008 Alexandra rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: weird-books
umm....
my dad made me read this
Chandler
Jan 13, 2009 Chandler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My kids wanted to read this, because they watch O'reilly at night with me (yes, I am passing on my love of politics to them), so I thought maybe I should read it first. I really liked it. I love the way he writes, and this book was very easy for children to understand. He basically explains government and how all the offices work together to make up the laws of the land, and people's rights and how shady of an area that can be at times. I have approved them to read it.
Kay Grubb
Jan 31, 2008 Kay Grubb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was really good.
it talk about what kids rights are and are not. I would recomed this book to eny one that cares about kids,rights,and the world. i think that educators would like this book. and parents and very much kids!!!!!
Joenna
Apr 06, 2008 Joenna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book all depends of course, if you like Bill O'Reilly or not. It is a good informational book about the bill of rights, supreme court stuff, and your rights as a kid dealing with parents and schools.
Michelle
Jan 15, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was meant for teens and therefore is a short, easy read. It skims the surface of issues relating to teens, introduces the bill of rights and explains briefly how America's government works. I enjoyed the book and think it is a good introduction for teens into some complex social questions.
Mar 08, 2008 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Usually I like to hear what he says, not always agree, but hear him out. I thought this book was a bit simplistic and maybe I needed more meat with this but it kind focused more on him than the actual rights of children and teens in America.
Sandy Head
Jan 25, 2017 Sandy Head rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very interesting you can learn a lot of history in this book
Ruby
Jun 23, 2013 Ruby rated it really liked it
Shelves: pile
I originally thought this book was for parents, so I was slightly surprised when I started reading this book and realized it was addressing teenagers. Nonetheless, it was very enjoyable.
Although the cover might dissuade some from even touching the book, O'Reilly presents information about legal rights in an engaging format that I think can get almost any teenager hooked.
The best part about the book was, without a doubt, the court cases and incidents that he uses as examples to explain the consti
Jack Hansen
A well-written book for children that I also shared with mine while driving as I also own the CD version. My daughters, teens at the time, recognized themselves in the advice and did not necessarily agree or like what they heard. It was especially poignant in the chapter that dealt with death as two of their friends' fathers passed away.

Bill O'Reilly is most passionate when it comes to children and he champions them on every issue he can. This endeavor is to reach as many children as he can so
Kyle
Jun 12, 2009 Kyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I leared how my rights, as a child of the United States of America, how my rights were started, how they worked and how they today are beign argued and fought about. As I learned from real stories around the country, I know that some rights are confusign in different ways. I also learned how the judicual branch of the Checks & Balences of the U.S., how and when the community gets involved, then city, state, then the country. How issuses rise from city courts, to state courts, and into when t ...more
Melody
Jan 20, 2013 Melody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
This isn't one that I would normally pick up. I was experimenting with getting ebooks from the library and this was one of the first I saw that didn't have a wait list. It was good for what it was. Basically it is making the attempt to teach teenagers what their rights as Americans are. I think he did a good job at making, what may seem, a boring topic relatively entertaining for the target audience.
Mrs. Trimble
An easy-to-read book about kids' Constitutional rights. I think this is a must-read for every young adult. It's also a good primer for adults that don't know a lot about the Constitution or the Bill of Rights. The language in the book is age-appropriate, interesting, sometimes funny, and current. The book will teach kids that their rights aren't so "cut and dry", but rather depend on the state and community in which they live.
Konstanty Pawlowski
This book was a very fSt read because it's less than 150 pages. I didn't enjoy it as much because it was very cheesy and that made the book very annoying. The book was informative and sometimes it was contrary to what I thought, so I learned a lot of information. It was well written and I enjoyed the concept but not the actual book itself. It got boring and monotonous. I still recommend it because it gives you a lot of necessary information.
Caroline
I remember reading this in Middle School.

If you are a Republican parent who wants Republican kids, if you have a kid that reads go ahead and give them this.

It got me to go around spurting out phrases that Bill O'Reilly had said but I did not fully understand all through high school.

I remember liking it at the time, as a 12 year old. I am sure I would hate it now.
Jay
Jan 13, 2014 Jay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bill-o-reilly
This book is a fundamental guide for kids and most adults who are unaware of their rights in America. I could even see it being used in some American Government classes, as long as it had another test book presenting other points of view and more about the rights discussed with it.
Leland
It's a simple book, Good reading not so much for teenagers, or at most 13-15, but I would say a youth as young as 8 would understand this. So, I am not sure of the audience he is aiming for, it's seem over simplified, but a good introduction for kids that have no idea.
Courtney
Dec 21, 2007 Courtney rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens
It was short, but very informative. Very easy for teens to relate to, as it talked about some issues that one might face in school or at home.
Lisa
Jan 18, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young people and parents of young people.
Shelves: nonfiction
Bill presents interesting cases that are mini-civics lessons that are pertinent to issues facing high school age kids.
This book is easy to read and very logical.
Barb Siverts
Apr 10, 2009 Barb Siverts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great way for kids to begin learning about their rights in our country & it encourages them to read the Constitution of the USA.
Sara
Aug 21, 2009 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
great book for your middle-schooler to read. You should read it too if you need a brush-up on defining your American rights...
Marnie
Dec 25, 2007 Marnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: preteens & teens
This book moves really fast, I read it in about an hour. It had lots of information on the Bill of Rights in a way kids can relate to. It would be good for middle school kids.
Stone B.
Oct 04, 2010 Stone B. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: genre-wheel
I learned that schools are really bossy about all the stuff that they make you do. I disagree with the school's opinion on lots of things.
Thomas
Nov 06, 2016 Thomas rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shrill O'Reilly has the intellectual chops of a toaster pastry. Yet another bunch of crap from this self-obsessed mental lackwit.
Natalie
Dec 10, 2007 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty good book. Easy read. I wonder how teens actually like it because I know a lot of adults are reading it even though it's written for kids.
Sondra
Sondra rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Eric
Eric rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2008
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2009
Jen
Feb 05, 2013 Jen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sam Nielsen
Shelves: ya-youth, non-fiction
Really expected a lot more substance!
Akshay
Akshay rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2012
Flin
Flin rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2009
  • Power to the People
  • Taylor's Gift: A Courageous Story of Giving Life and Renewing Hope
  • Disinformation
  • The Tao of Warren Buffett: Warren Buffett's Words of Wisdom - Quotations and Interpretations to Help Guide You to Billionaire Wealth and Enlightened Business Management
  • Conform: Exposing the Truth About Schools
  • Cooking the Whole Foods Way: Your Complete, Everyday Guide to Healthy, Delicious Eating with 500 Recipes, Menus, Meal Planning, Techniques, Buying
  • Oops!
  • The Greatest Words Ever Spoken: Everything Jesus Said about You, Your Life, and Everything Else
  • How to Write and Sell Your First Novel
  • The Invisible War: What Every Believer Needs to Know about Satan, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare
  • Peace with God: The Secret of Happiness
  • Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right
  • Nullification: How to Resist Federal Tyranny in the 21st Century
  • How to Be Famous: Our Guide to Looking the Part, Playing the Press, and Becoming a Tabloid Fixture
  • 15 Minutes
  • The Raucous Royals
  • The Academy (Steel Trapp, #2)
  • Independent Dames: What You Never Knew About the Women and Girls of the American Revolution
Bill O'Reilly is an American television/radio host, author, syndicated columnist, and political commentator. He is the host of the cable news program The O'Reilly Factor. Prior to hosting The O'Reilly Factor, he served as anchor of the entertainment program, Inside Edition.

O'Reilly also hosts The Radio Factor, a radio program syndicated by Westwood One, and he has written seven books.

More about Bill O'Reilly...